Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 68-72 Convertible Hard Top Drivers Trim Panel

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 11:30 PM
LeeMajors
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default *** found, thanks, please close thread

I purchased a hard top from someone here who unfortunately was not what I would consider forthcoming about the top's condition. After sending several VERY fuzzy pictures and claiming to be unable to send more, after much aggravation arranging pickup, the top arrived... missing the driver's side interior trim panel at the rear.

After emailing and getting no response, I am now searching for said trim panel. Anyone have one? Black would be preferable, but any color would do.

Thanks,

Last edited by LeeMajors; 01-23-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:34 AM
lvmyvt76
Melting Slicks

Received 121 Likes on 118 Posts

That is not the way we should sell and buy parts here on the forum. I must say that I have sent and received parts before even paying for them, or the payment passed the part in transit, and NEVER had a problem on them! I hope the person who sold you this top will come forward and make this right. If not then we need a blackball list for this type of seller on here(IMO).
Old 01-23-2018, 09:33 AM
LeeMajors
Instructor

Yes, haven't had that happen before, either. It is what it is.

I think they're also called "wings" and on another thread a couple people were selling both sides together for $150 shipped, so at least there's options. I reached out to a couple of them but it's an older thread so wanted to start my own.

I got the top for $300 and shipping was $125. It's otherwise intact, correct year, fits on the car, just needs paint and seals like most of them do. I'll have $700 or so in it all said and done, which is a little higher than I planned, not knowing the trim piece was missing, but to stop communicating, no apology, combined with the fuzzy pictures, etc, leads me to believe he knew about it and just wanted it gone. Probably the last of his Corvette parts.

Considering what I'm going to have in this resto project, $100-150 is a drop in the bucket.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:01 PM
LeeMajors
Instructor

Found, thanks to 1960fi
Old 01-23-2018, 06:06 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

There is an area on the CF here for you to be able to address this kind of situation. If you feel you have been wronged then I would suggest you attempt to rectify the situation and allow others to know whom is not playing nice with others. If you are not sure about where this can be done I am certain the moderators can assist you with what and where to post this data.

Good luck to you.

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Old 01-23-2018, 06:16 PM
LeeMajors
Instructor

Sorry, wasn't really trying to remedy a situation, already tried that, was just explaining why I needed them.

It's partially my fault for not insisting on better pictures. Caveat Emptor and all, and I'm not looking to get into a pissing match with anyone, just moving on but yes, for future reference, I'd like to know where that area is.

Thanks,
Old 01-23-2018, 06:27 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by LeeMajors
Sorry, wasn't really trying to remedy a situation, already tried that, was just explaining why I needed them.

It's partially my fault for not insisting on better pictures. Caveat Emptor and all, and I'm not looking to get into a pissing match with anyone, just moving on but yes, for future reference, I'd like to know where that area is.

Thanks,
Forums drop down menu (upper left of the page), Select Help and Feedback from the bottom of that drop down, then select transaction feedback. You can post your information there.
Good luck with all your future transactions.
Best regards,
David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Old 01-23-2018, 06:54 PM
LeeMajors
Instructor

Thank you sir.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:14 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!