SoCal car meet by the Beach!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 12:24 AM
Newport
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default SoCal car meet by the Beach!

Hello!

I wanted to announce a new car gathering in conjunction with the State of California called…
Supercars by the Sea

This will be a re-occurring monthly meeting of Supercar Enthusiasts at Huntington State Beach. The second meet will be on Sunday Feb 11th from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. This event is fully approved & permitted by the California Department of Parks and Recreation.

I developed this event with the input of the City of Huntington Beach and the willingness of the State to allow growth in its 1,000+ space parking lot. As car meets continue to get pushed out of existing venues, I was seeking a permanent solution in a scenic place for all to enjoy for decades to come. The best way to enjoy the show is to purchase the Annual State Parks Pass (good at all Parks statewide) or there is a $15 day use pass to get into the park. There is a pass for those 62+ for $20 a year! https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1049

A couple of quick details:
Parking will be reserved for each meet (Plenty of room for trucks and trailers).
Enter at Magnolia & PCH.
The Park prefers cash but, does have credit card capability at entry.
21601 Pacific Coast Hwy, Huntington Beach, CA 92646

Instagram: supercarsbythesea
https://www.instagram.com/supercarsbythesea/

FaceBook> https://www.facebook.com/supercarsbythesea/

Classic Vettes and other Collectible cars most welcome!

See you there! (Coffee and breakfast available)

Video >

Last edited by Newport; 01-27-2018 at 12:48 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:34 AM
Newport
Instructor

Last edited by Newport; 01-27-2018 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:45 AM
Newport
Instructor

Site map
Old 01-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I attended this event with my R8 Spyder in January and it was a lot of fun. I am looking forward to the next one.

Charley
Old 01-30-2018, 01:25 AM
Cubicinches
Racer

Received 415 Likes on 154 Posts

Newport - I applaud your effort at starting a new gathering, especially one that looks like it had a successful launch. You may already be aware that the Sunset GT takes place the 2nd Sunday of each month. It starts at 9 but it seems like 8:45 or even 8:30 is when it gets busy now. As a result, it can make it tough for people who live up "north" to get down to Huntington and then back up to West Hollywood since they'd have to leave your show early. Just pointing this out in case you hadn't considered it. However, I realize you can't plan your event around everything under the sun. I hope you check your event out some time soon.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:49 PM
Newport
Instructor

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
I attended this event with my R8 Spyder in January and it was a lot of fun. I am looking forward to the next one.

Charley
Hi Charley!
Thanks again for your support. I hope to meet you on Feb. 11th. I was running around like crazy on the first one and couldn't get to everyone.
David

Last edited by Newport; 01-30-2018 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:13 PM
Newport
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cubicinches
Newport - I applaud your effort at starting a new gathering, especially one that looks like it had a successful launch. You may already be aware that the Sunset GT takes place the 2nd Sunday of each month. It starts at 9 but it seems like 8:45 or even 8:30 is when it gets busy now. As a result, it can make it tough for people who live up "north" to get down to Huntington and then back up to West Hollywood since they'd have to leave your show early. Just pointing this out in case you hadn't considered it. However, I realize you can't plan your event around everything under the sun. I hope you check your event out some time soon.
Thanks for the kind words Cubicinches. Sunset GT in a completely different market for sure. It is a nightmare trip for OC guys. And there you are a Hypercar owner or a hanger oner. They make me park my "crappy" Supercar halfway down the lot. Ha!
Eventually, something will happen with the property management there and it will get shut down. Supercars by the Sea will be there to pick up the pieces of when all the strip mall shows get shut down.
Supercars by the Sea is for real car guys that want to hang with other car guys. You will see Vettes to Lambos and beyond. If you have a classic or Hypercar you are welcome. All the major Newport Dealers are bringing cars. Lambo/McLaren/Aston/Mercedes and Jag/Range Rover are now coming to support it. They all LOVE the location. The State loved the first event and, I will be improving it always (bi-monthly starting in Sept.). On another note, please get the word out to the Vette clubs! If you are a Mercedes/AMG fan there are some very special cars coming too. I hope to Sea you all at the Sea! Where a 50 year old classic is just as Super as any "Supercar".
Old 02-01-2018, 11:01 PM
Newport
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cubicinches
Newport - I applaud your effort at starting a new gathering, especially one that looks like it had a successful launch. You may already be aware that the Sunset GT takes place the 2nd Sunday of each month
See below why Supercars by the Sea will be the last meet standing we are well insulated from most of these issues. And we aren't snobs on what cars can come in.

With the growth of Sunset GT there have been a number of issues with a few of the events attendees that have caused problems with the local residents as well as the City of West-Hollywood (CWH). Because of this there is a risk of Sunset GT being disbanded.

The complaints from CWH have ranged from cars racing down the road, attendees revving engines excessively, doing doughnuts in parking lots, people blocking the streets, and more! Though CWH and local residences have been very welcoming and accommodating with us, their patience has grown thin. But we have one more chance to redeem ourselves and save Sunset GT.

To help address these issues we have now made it mandatory that all attendees must RSVP for the event. Attendees can either register at here. Individuals who do not RSVP will be refused entry into Sunset GT. This is a one time only registration, that will grant you access to all the upcoming Sunset GT Cars & Coffee shows.

In addition to this the Sunset GT team has implemented a series of do’s and don’ts that patrons must follow while in attendance.

Do’s
  • Use ride shares if you are not driving an exotic car! It’s great for the environment and commerce, but make sure you are dropped off and picked at our designated spots! We will display them clearly for you.
  • Take photos! Just be sure to sign our waiver form when you register.
  • Have fun! This is a friendly and exciting event; we want to keep it that way. Let’s keep safe and friendly for everyone though!
Don’ts
  • Drones!
  • Standing in the streets
  • Reckless driving, launch control & revving: come on guys, this is a no brainer! We have neighbors and children are present…
  • Parking in Sunset Plaza’s lower parking lot, no exceptions
  • Parking in the Upper Sunset Plaza Parking lot is ONLY for Aston Martin, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini, Pagani, and Porsche. Though we love (and drive) all the other brands this event is to display only the pinnacle of luxury-auto brands. This is an opportunity to see some of the rarest cars in the world outside of a museum setting.
I guess I called that one...

Last edited by Newport; 02-01-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:55 AM
Newport
Instructor

Hey Corvette fans check out below as duPont Registry comes to Supercars by the Sea! Let's have a great Corvette turnout and get some great pics for the duPont Registry Magazine.

Are you ready for this Sunday's Supercars by the Sea #2?

AMG SoCal Lounge will be celebrating the 10-year anniversary of the Mercedes-AMG Black Series line in the U.S. which was launched with the CLK 63 Black Series. It should be the largest gathering of Black Series vehicles ever seen!

duPont Registry will be covering this special event as a follow-up to their December article about the sale of Michael ***'s Black Series collection!

We hope to see many of you there, it is going to be a memorable Sunday morning! Classic cars very welcome!

Old 02-08-2018, 01:03 AM
Newport
Instructor

If the Magnolia gate is busy you can enter at Newland and Beach as well. Cash$ is best at gate ($15) if you don't have annual Park pass to expedite parking.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:31 PM
De50cal
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default See ya in the morning!

Old 02-13-2018, 11:59 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by De50cal

Was your car the one with the six pack? If it was I have to apologize because I might have gotten some drool on your car...

Charley
Old 02-14-2018, 12:21 AM
De50cal
Advanced

Default The Black/Red 67

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
Was your car the one with the six pack? If it was I have to apologize because I might have gotten some drool on your car...

Charley
No that’s a good friend on mines car. It is spectacular!

Last edited by De50cal; 04-29-2018 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:04 AM
Cubicinches
Racer

Received 415 Likes on 154 Posts

Newport - I think Sunset GT is at the beginning of its end. I attended the show last weekend and the lower parking lot, where the "visitors" park, is now closed. Apparently nearby tenants--maybe surrounding residents, too--complained, though I'm not sure about what. Perhaps taking away business. The police were there enforcing the new parking rules. The show was still crowded, so we'll see. Maybe some of the folks will start flowing down to your event.
The following users liked this post:
Newport (02-22-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 12:53 AM
Newport
Instructor

Here is the duPont Registry write up https://blog.dupontregistry.com/spon...february-2018/

Follow the meet on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/supercarsbythesea/

or Instagram https://www.instagram.com/supercarsbythesea/ lot of Vette pics being posted

It is every second Sunday of the month but, always verify on FB or IG just in case the State has an event and I need to move it.

Thanks to all the Corvettes that came out. Remember any classic car can be a Supercar!

Last edited by Newport; 02-22-2018 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:03 AM
Newport
Instructor

Sorry, I think I'm allowed to post links or don't have enough posts to do so. They aren't showing they are working for me. Google Supercars by the Sea to read the duPont article. Hope to see you there.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:52 AM
Newport
Instructor

Quick update: Next 2 meets are Sunday April 15th and Sunday May 13th 7am to 10am Huntington State Park. Annual Pass $195. Day Pass $15

For those 62+ nine month off season pass only $20!!! Application > https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=23800

Get notified of new replies

To SoCal car meet by the Beach!

Old 04-27-2018, 12:24 AM
Newport
Instructor

Thanks to all that came out on April 15th. If you participated in the photo shoot the pics will come but, they took over 2000 shots ...so, still need more time to process! Classics always welcome!

Old 04-29-2018, 12:21 AM
De50cal
Advanced

I’m looking forward to seeing more classic Corvettes May 13th. I’ll be there!

1967 Marina Blue 427

Top Flight
Old 05-16-2018, 08:08 AM
De50cal
Advanced

Default Thanks again for hosting

Quite a few classic corvettes there.

Quick Reply: SoCal car meet by the Beach!