C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD 2 Step wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 11:26 PM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Default MSD 2 Step wiring question

Hello,

I haven't seen many topics covering my question.

What do you connect the Blue/White wire to?

I found this post:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...sd-2-step.html

PK /WH wire on circuit no. 1035

It looks like they connected the pink/white wire to the blue/white wire.

My question is - do you put a switch in between the MSD unit and the pink/white wire on the clutch position switch?

When your launching from the starting line to you activate the 2 Step - Pop the clutch - then have to turn off the system as your shift to the next gear?

I'm worried about the system reactivating when you go into second.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:59 PM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

For anyone that finds this thread - I just finished up the install of my MSD 2 step.

On my 2005 C6 Corvette - I ran the blue/white wire from the MSD box to the Purple/White wire coming out of Pin B on the lower Clutch Position Switch.

The wiring diagram for LSX Revival has it as a pink/white wire - but on my 2005 it was Purple/White.

I have tested the 2 step - and it works when you push the clutch pedal in.

You can either unplug the 2 step box - or add in a switch to turn off/not complete the circuit to disable the 2 step for when you don't need it.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:08 AM
Huntervincent_6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bonecrrusher
For anyone that finds this thread - I just finished up the install of my MSD 2 step.

On my 2005 C6 Corvette - I ran the blue/white wire from the MSD box to the Purple/White wire coming out of Pin B on the lower Clutch Position Switch.

The wiring diagram for LSX Revival has it as a pink/white wire - but on my 2005 it was Purple/White.

I have tested the 2 step - and it works when you push the clutch pedal in.

You can either unplug the 2 step box - or add in a switch to turn off/not complete the circuit to disable the 2 step for when you don't need it.
so whenever you go to 2nd gear will it reactivate the 2 step and screw it up?? Such as if you no lift shifted the car at the track

Get notified of new replies

To MSD 2 Step wiring question

Quick Reply: MSD 2 Step wiring question