C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump upgrade or boost a pump

Old 02-12-2018, 01:07 PM
Joshua Knight
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel pump upgrade or boost a pump

Guys I could use your input, I'm using 95lb fic injectors on a ly6 w/ lsa SC. What would you guys do if +700hp is your goal, boost a pump or which pump upgrades? TSP stage2 pd cam btw 3200 stall
Old 02-12-2018, 05:50 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Rather large injectors for only 700hp ? But they will give room to grow.

And what fuel ?

There are a few single pumps that can easily feed 700hp....if using regular gasoline. But wiring etc will all need to be up to scratch.

And you dont mention what pump you already have to even guess whether BAP will be another option
Old 02-12-2018, 06:02 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

For that power level I would go right to our external fuel system and skip the BAP.

Here is link to Single pump
http://65.110.95.157/shop/product/aa...p-fuel-system/

Here is link to twin pump
http://65.110.95.157/shop/product/c5...p-fuel-system/
Old 02-12-2018, 09:37 PM
Joshua Knight
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stevieturbo

And what fuel ?

There are a few single pumps that can easily feed 700hp....if using regular gasoline. But wiring etc will all need to be up to scratch.

And you dont mention what pump you already have to even guess whether BAP will be another option
Right now gasoline with future use of e85 that's why bigger injectors. You think it won't work while running gasoline?
Old 02-13-2018, 04:53 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

It will work...but for E85, you also need a lot more fuel pump than you would with normal gasoline. It does change things considerably.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:59 AM
leo12
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshua Knight
Guys I could use your input, I'm using 95lb fic injectors on a ly6 w/ lsa SC. What would you guys do if +700hp is your goal, boost a pump or which pump upgrades? TSP stage2 pd cam btw 3200 stall
Definitely not a boostapump, just set up a double pumper you be able to feed 700 ponies,loonies performance can set you up one for around 700-800 great guy to deal with,or you can do one yourself for around the same money when you add your time and labor and headaches,i am over 800 rwhp with one of his for four years now.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:20 PM
Joshua Knight
Intermediate

Thank you guys so much! Your opinion on boost referenced regulator and hobbs???
Old 02-14-2018, 08:05 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshua Knight
Thank you guys so much! Your opinion on boost referenced regulator and hobbs???
Absolutely a must for high horsepower twin pump setups. Running both pumps full time puts unnecessary heat into the fuel which can cause pump failure. Boost reference, IMO, is a must for any boosted setup so that the injectors can overcome the pressurized air in the manifold and deliver consistent fuel pressure.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:23 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm currently running Lonnie's twin setup in my car. I've stepped up to twin Aeromotive 340's though. Upgraded the wiring, and upgraded the feed and return lines (+ one size for each). That runs to a Aeromotive boost ref regulator and then to the factory rails which are about at their limit. If the car was going to stay with me I'd do rails next and change the location (in the system) of the regulator. My car is built for Hot Rod Drag Week so the fuel system gets tested on 6 hour + sustained drives in 90 degree heat.

With the new cam, the car makes 820whp on pump through an unlocked 4L80e on a mustang dyno. So, all being equal....that's somewhere around 1100 at the motor give or take.

At PRI this year both Aeromotive and Fuel Lab had some pretty cool new pumps on display that could change a few things though. It'd be worth your time to give them a call.

- Travis
Old 02-16-2018, 10:51 AM
Joshua Knight
Intermediate

Originally Posted by stevieturbo

And what fuel ?

stock lol
Old 02-25-2018, 04:27 AM
Joshua Knight
Intermediate

Originally Posted by leo12
Definitely not a boostapump, just set up a double pumper you be able to feed 700 ponies,loonies performance can set you up one for around 700-800 great guy to deal with,or you can do one yourself for around the same money when you add your time and labor and headaches,i am over 800 rwhp with one of his for four years now.

Contacted Loonies, sending my parts to him this week ty!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel pump upgrade or boost a pump

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel pump upgrade or boost a pump