C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 C5 Corvette DRLs How to Turn Off

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 06:29 PM
Carmiine27
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 97 C5 Corvette DRLs How to Turn Off

Hello im hoping someone can help me out on my 97 C5 Corvette i want to Disable the DRLS Day Time Running Lights they pop up way to early and i hate it i want to manually put them up myself. Now my friends have a 1999 C5 2000 C5 and a 2002 C5 and they were able to just pull a fuse and it disabled it for them. I have tried everything pulling fuses i have pulled every fuse that deals with DRL and they still pop up etc..... and nothing seems to stop the daytime running lights to be manual so if anyone has a solution or a DIY that could help me i appreciate it. Is there something i need to do In the DIC i have no idea id appreciate the help.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:20 PM
midnight01
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

if you are referring to the twilight option of when it starts to get dark and your headlights pop up you shut that off in the options through your DIC or you take relay 42 out in the passenger footwell, if you are talking about the actual daytime lights that come on automatically read this post

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-off-drl.html
Old 02-20-2018, 08:50 AM
Carmiine27
Intermediate

Originally Posted by midnight01
if you are referring to the twilight option of when it starts to get dark and your headlights pop up you shut that off in the options through your DIC or you take relay 42 out in the passenger footwell, if you are talking about the actual daytime lights that come on automatically read this post

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-off-drl.html
Yeah what i am referring is that when it starts to get dark the head lights pop up and i want to disable that because they pop up way too early and i hate it. You say that i can turn it off from the DIC would you happen to know the steps i have to go through to turn it off thank you
Old 02-20-2018, 09:16 AM
midnight01
Pro

Originally Posted by Carmiine27

Yeah what i am referring is that when it starts to get dark the head lights pop up and i want to disable that because they pop up way too early and i hate it. You say that i can turn it off from the DIC would you happen to know the steps i have to go through to turn it off thank you
Press the options button on your DIC and look for twilight, then you press the button on top of reset to turn it on or off, if you cant turn it on or off you have the canadian model C5 which means you have to remove the relay. My car was canadian model so I had to remove the relay to shut it off.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:00 AM
Carmiine27
Intermediate

Press the options button on your DIC and look for twilight, then you press the button on top of reset to turn it on or off, if you cant turn it on or off you have the canadian model C5 which means you have to remove the relay. My car was canadian model so I had to remove the relay to shut it off.
Yeah in the summer time i have pulled fuses etc and still they kept poping up but i havent tried the DIC Option but still even pulling fuses it should of stopped them from popping up. Do you happen to remember what fuse you pulled out thanks appreciate your responses
Old 02-20-2018, 11:30 AM
midnight01
Pro

#44 in the passenger footwell fuse box is the one. When you access it the back of the cover will tell you where the fuses and relays are located. Look for relay 44 and pull it out.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:47 PM
Carmiine27
Intermediate

#44 in the passenger footwell fuse box is the one. When you access it the back of the cover will tell you where the fuses and relays are located. Look for relay 44 and pull it out.
Alright thanks il try it out im pretty sure i pulled it before and the lights still popped up but il give it a try thank you.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:29 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Carmiine27

Then the DRL's are not your problem. As stated it's the Twilight Sentinel.
On your DIC :

Press the OPTIONS button until TWILIGHT - OFF
appears on the display, then use the RESET button to
page through the following selections:
TWILIGHT - ON
TWILIGHT - OFF
Old 02-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Carmiine27
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SG Lou
Then the DRL's are not your problem. As stated it's the Twilight Sentinel.
On your DIC :

Press the OPTIONS button until TWILIGHT - OFF
appears on the display, then use the RESET button to
page through the following selections:
TWILIGHT - ON
TWILIGHT - OFF
Thank you appreciate it il get it a try.
The following users liked this post:
SG Lou (02-21-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To 97 C5 Corvette DRLs How to Turn Off

Quick Reply: 97 C5 Corvette DRLs How to Turn Off