C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chuck COW vs Vitesse

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 09:08 PM
montman
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Chuck COW vs Vitesse

I'm familiar with all the theory and specs so please save your time explaining. I'm looking for actual users who have had BOTH these units. Has anyone been able to compare the effectiveness of a Chuck 🐄 tune to a Vitesse Throttle Controller? I have a Vitesse and really like it - night and day difference in throttle response from stock. But I'm considering 🐄. I don't race and drive pretty easy (most of the time) What differences did you notice? Thanks
Old 02-18-2018, 09:40 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by montman
I'm familiar with all the theory and specs so please save your time explaining. I'm looking for actual users who have had BOTH these units. Has anyone been able to compare the effectiveness of a Chuck 🐄 tune to a Vitesse Throttle Controller? I have a Vitesse and really like it - night and day difference in throttle response from stock. But I'm considering 🐄. I don't race and drive pretty easy (most of the time) What differences did you notice? Thanks
I have no actual experience with either, but will be going with the Cow because of all the problems I have read about on these forums about the Vitesse and it's defects and parts needing replacement numerous times.
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (02-19-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 09:48 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by TomdaToolman
I have no actual experience with either, but will be going with the Cow because of all the problems I have read about on these forums about the Vitesse and it's defects and parts needing replacement numerous times.
Check other forums on the Cow before you decide. No problems with my Vitesse.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:49 PM
johny125
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Great question....I too would like to know!!!
Old 02-18-2018, 10:16 PM
montman
Pro

I've had the Vitesse for 2 years and haven't had any trouble. Of course judging by this forum, the Chevy Corvette is one of the least dependable cars, but I haven't had trouble with mine.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:25 PM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

No problems with my cow booster.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:32 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

How many had problems compared to how many were sold ... and how many problems were user error in calibration of the unit

I have personally help over twenty people with the calibration as they were not doing it correctly which caused the issue

Remember , with all due respect there are a LOT of guys who can't turn a screwdriver...

Dave
Old 02-19-2018, 10:36 AM
jaredtxrx
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 172 Posts

A CoW Tune is different from a CoW Booster.

IIRC...
A Vitesse and CoW Booster do the same thing. They affect when and how much the throttle body opens at a given point of the accelerator pedal. Neither give you any actual horsepower.

A CoW TUNE gives you horsepower, I imagine he can also put in the Booster thing at the same time.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:16 AM
fourth vette
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jaredtxrx
A CoW Tune is different from a CoW Booster.

IIRC...
A Vitesse and CoW Booster do the same thing. They affect when and how much the throttle body opens at a given point of the accelerator pedal. Neither give you any actual horsepower.

A CoW TUNE gives you horsepower, I imagine he can also put in the Booster thing at the same time.
I had Chuck install tune and cow booster in my base 05. Would not even consider anything or anyone else.
The following users liked this post:
Chuck CoW (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 12:32 PM
Zero_6
Drifting

Received 165 Likes on 111 Posts

Cow tune and booster = dyno tune and street tune is how I see it. I've had the VTC and loved it. My mistake was placing the VTC in the footwell where it gets hot. The VTC response is crazy fast. Literally no lag if set to SP9.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:29 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default There is NO comparison.....

Thank you.

There is NO comparison..... Those that have tried both will tell you.

The CoW BOOSTER! has a 1000% Perfect Record without 1 single failure ever.... By design, it simply can't happen.

For those willing to take risks, there are other products available....

Here's an excerpt from an e-mail I received recently.... I get these often... I've ***'d out the name.

I have been using the ******* Throttle booster and have had more trouble with it for over a year. It throws codes randomly and I have to limp it home. Today it coded and I re-calibrated it 6 times and it still hasn’t worked yet. I’ve even replaced the pedal. I’m planning on pulling it off tonight and sending it back!
To elaborate, they are NOT the same and they do NOT do the same thing the same way.

I won't go into it in this thread, but there are NO complaints with mine and plenty with the competitors.

Call and I'll explain over the phone.
Chuck CoW
Old 02-19-2018, 01:30 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by fourth vette
I had Chuck install tune and cow booster in my base 05. Would not even consider anything or anyone else.
Thank you! Most appreciated.

Chuck CoW
Old 02-19-2018, 11:38 PM
c5wolf
Melting Slicks

Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

The vitesse is better and is user adjustable and can be changed on the fly..
Simple plug and play.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:20 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Right on!

Originally Posted by fourth vette
Right on! There are plenty of people out there that have given up on the plug in throttle boosters because they are

not at all reliable and there are hundreds of posts from people who are having problems with "reduced engine power" and check

engine lights followed by ETC shutdowns.... Bad news and totally UNSAFE.

There is no other throttle booster available for the 2005 C6's. YES, ONLY CoW BOOSTER! has a product that works!

Here's one of my favorite quotes from one of my (insert booster name here) competitors....

****** Booster makes your car's throttle respond faster to your foot. As a result, your gas pedal
actually achieves a full throttle response 25% sooner than the stock configuration
What?!?! WHAT?!?!?! WHAT!?!??!

And, so WHY would you want your throttle to be 100% open when the throttle pedal was only 75% applied !?!?!?!

So again, your throttle is ALL THE WAY OPEN and your pedal is NOT all the way down.

I don't know about you, but that's NOT a feature I want in MY car!

Chuck CoW
Old 02-20-2018, 07:26 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Easy Chuck ....there you go again , after a long time if being good ,

dont start slamming the competition without the facts just promote the benefits of your product

Who is that person that stated at 25% throttle you have 100% throttle , does this person have the "white" paper on the design of this unit?? Is he or she qualified to make this statement?

Yes it does increase the rate that the throttle opens but so does your product

I am sure that some were defective but more than 90 % of those posts you talk about , other product just was not properly calibrated .....

Both products are great , both products work differently but remember both products have had thier problems ...

Dave
Old 02-20-2018, 10:17 AM
sfrank2886
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts

Easy DAVE, don’t want to get the COW on your back.

For me, i am not willing to send off my PCM for programming and have to re install even though I am pretty handy. My base 93 tune has helped allot and expect when I have time to do the full ECS tune after adding headers, throttle response will improve some more. If not then I will consider adding the Viteese.

I expect that what you say is correct about most having issues with the V because of not following the directions for calibration.
The following 2 users liked this post by sfrank2886:
DOUG @ ECS (02-20-2018), yellowmnm (02-26-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 11:18 AM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
Easy Chuck ....there you go again , after a long time if being good ,

dont start slamming the competition without the facts just promote the benefits of your product

Who is that person that stated at 25% throttle you have 100% throttle , does this person have the "white" paper on the design of this unit?? Is he or she qualified to make this statement?

Yes it does increase the rate that the throttle opens but so does your product

I am sure that some were defective but more than 90 % of those posts you talk about , other product just was not properly calibrated .....

Both products are great , both products work differently but remember both products have had thier problems ...

Dave
Face it, he has to slam the competition. He will never change. Never.

Get notified of new replies

To Chuck COW vs Vitesse

Old 02-20-2018, 01:12 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default so.....

Originally Posted by Dcasole
... dont start slamming the competition without the facts just promote the benefits of your product

Who is that person that stated at 75% throttle you have 100% throttle , does this person have the "white" paper on the design of this unit?? Is he or she qualified to make this statement?

Dave
Dave... You say.... "dont start slamming the competition without the facts just promote the benefits of your product"

The quote I posted "the facts" was a direct quote from one of my two throttle booster competitors. It

was posted on their website and in the literature packed with their products. And, YES it stated that when the pedal was

pressed 75% and above, the throttle was 100% open from 75% to 100% pedal. No mistake, that's directly from their

printed literature.

So, to clarify, when you say "both products work differently but remember both products have had their problems ..."

you are obviously talking about BOTH of the companies that offer throttle boosters....Not including mine.

We have no problems, bugs, shutdowns, failures, DTCs, or reduced engine power.... Whatsoever.

We have always enjoyed a 1,000% prefect record with absolutely NO failures or problems whatsoever.

The way it works.... It's can't fail.

In a thread where the OP chose to discuss and compare the The CoW BOOSTER! to other named products, I will absolutely interject FACT where I see necessary

because this person wanted answers and specifically named my product. I didn't start a thread on this topic, but I will mention what's necessary to

put down the "facts" from those that made posts without information or knowledge of such facts and I'll gladly explain to people the difference between said products

especially where I see gross misinformation posted from people who have no basis to make such statements.

Call me any time and I'd be glad to explain how any of it works.
Chuck CoW
Old 02-20-2018, 01:16 PM
montman
Pro

Thanks for all the replies to my original question. After posting it on three different sections of Corvetteforum and not reading any real world, first hand, non- biased comparison reviews, maybe I will come back to this thread in the future and report my findings. I haven't ruled out trading in the Vitesse for the CoW, but it will probably have to wait until I can get some other stuff paid down - mainly medical bills! The CoW tune does have a lot of extra features that I like, on paper anyway.
I know for certain that I would not want to go back to driving without at least some sort of throttle controller - boring!
Best regards to all
Old 02-20-2018, 01:25 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Thank you.

Originally Posted by montman
Thanks for all the replies to my original question. After posting it on three different sections of Corvetteforum and not reading any real world, first hand, non- biased comparison reviews, maybe I will come back to this thread in the future and report my findings. I haven't ruled out trading in the Vitesse for the CoW, but it will probably have to wait until I can get some other stuff paid down - mainly medical bills! The CoW tune does have a lot of extra features that I like, on paper anyway.
I know for certain that I would not want to go back to driving without at least some sort of throttle controller - boring!
Best regards to all
Thank you. Call me at any time. One of the chief benefits of the CoW BOOSTER! is that when you combine it with our AutoCal Tune Package

it allows you limitless adjustments and obviously, all the benefits that go hand in hand with having a proper tune.

Thanks for your interest in my CoW BOOSTER!

Chuck CoW

Quick Reply: Chuck COW vs Vitesse