C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous OR Blower?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 01:18 PM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Nitrous OR Blower?

Hi All! I have a C6Z with ERL 427, Forged Internals, MAST 305 Heads, MSD Intake. The car is currently about 13.5:1 compression, running E85. I'm having trouble deciding if I should go with nitrous or wait and save up for low compression pistons and a blower kit. I would like to make 1,000hp on the dyno for ***** and giggles. The car is auto swapped and will see the drag street and some "Mexico" street races...

What do you think I should do? What blower set up would get me there? What fuel system is needed?
Old 02-19-2018, 02:59 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 688 Posts

What does the car make now, through the auto? I assume pretty close, if not over 600whp? Going to need a pretty big shot to make 1000whp for giggles. I'd throw a 200 shot, through a plate kit, on it and see where it stands and how you like it.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:04 PM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jayyyw
What does the car make now, through the auto? I assume pretty close, if not over 600whp? Going to need a pretty big shot to make 1000whp for giggles. I'd throw a 200 shot, through a plate kit, on it and see where it stands and how you like it.
The 1000 goal would be for the blower. The car makes little under 600 now and has been 9.6s. A solid nitrous kit would run me $2500ish and then $5/lb for fill ups... Trying to weigh the cost of both and see what makes more sense. The nitrous is bolt and go and blower would require pulling motor apart etc etc.

I think on a 200 shot she'd fly!
Old 02-19-2018, 03:10 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

$5/lb is not bad.

She'd def fly on a 200 shot. My SBE LS7 goes pretty well with just a 150 shot.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:01 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

n2o

With blower make sure to add $3k+ for fuel system, $1500+ for cooling system, etc.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:03 PM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Unreal
n2o

With blower make sure to add $3k+ for fuel system, $1500+ for cooling system, etc.
Yeah I started to add it up and I think I'd be around 8K for all parts and installation... 3K for a well setup nitrous kit and go play...
Old 02-20-2018, 12:04 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,314 Likes on 1,793 Posts

$8k barely touches a reliable nice blower kit. By the time you add the direct drive, damper, upgrades, etc.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:38 AM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

i have a hci full ex c6z on a 100 shot and it picked up 130lb of tq but exactly 100hp

get a 200 shot dialed in and you should be good...although i would run a dedicated fuel cell rather than spending 2k on an entire fuel system
im on a stock bottom end so i risk everything upping the shot, you on the other hand have the bottom set up, so it should run awesome, and last

nitrous is still expensive in indy area, my last fill was a 10bucks a lb

rumor has it that the "shortage" overcharge is over this summer, but who knows.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:47 AM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

oh yeah, it'll get a dedicated cell that's for sure! maybe we'll run into each other this summer

Originally Posted by ~STOLEN~
i have a hci full ex c6z on a 100 shot and it picked up 130lb of tq but exactly 100hp

get a 200 shot dialed in and you should be good...although i would run a dedicated fuel cell rather than spending 2k on an entire fuel system
im on a stock bottom end so i risk everything upping the shot, you on the other hand have the bottom set up, so it should run awesome, and last

Old 02-21-2018, 11:04 AM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

WELL HELL YA!!! lol

ill be leaving on the 2nd honk LMFAO

do you know doug that had the yellow c6z?
Old 02-21-2018, 11:05 AM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

WELL HELL YA!!! lol

ill be leaving on the 2nd honk LMFAO

do you know doug that had the yellow c6z?
Typical Indy guys hahaha jk

I don't know him. I know Dean & Jit from down there, couple randoms but forget their name. I had PortTech build me an engine for my Hayabusa back in the day, he was located down in Greenwood.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:07 AM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

yes sir, bill built the 3mil motor in my zx10 back in the day

ill let the typical indy comment go......LOL jk

ya jit & dean are super cool guys, ever need to know whats going on....just get ahold of them, they are always in the middle of the nest LOL

well cool man, lmk when you guys head down, or maybe we all can road trip half way and meet somewhere near muncie or something
Old 02-21-2018, 11:08 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

What did you make on the 100 shot?
Old 02-21-2018, 11:10 AM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

yes sir, bill built the 3mil motor in my zx10 back in the day

ill let the typical indy comment go......LOL jk

ya jit & dean are super cool guys, ever need to know whats going on....just get ahold of them, they are always in the middle of the nest LOL

well cool man, lmk when you guys head down, or maybe we all can road trip half way and meet somewhere near muncie or something
Most deff man, Dean is a goof, he's always up to some dumb funny **** on Snapchat, makes my day go by faster LOL

We'll get together that's for a sure, I'm all about a good time!
Old 02-22-2018, 08:03 PM
starfuel1
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

8-9 grand I paid for a shinny new procharger. Another 3 or 4 grand for installation (no warranty if not installed by authorized dealer) fuel pumps, wide band O2 sensors dyno tuning and misc. stuff but hey, who keeps track of that. All I know is when the WOW pedal is pushed, my bottle never runs empty.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:10 PM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by starfuel1
8-9 grand I paid for a shinny new procharger. Another 3 or 4 grand for installation (no warranty if not installed by authorized dealer) fuel pumps, wide band O2 sensors dyno tuning and misc. stuff but hey, who keeps track of that. All I know is when the WOW pedal is pushed, my bottle never runs empty.
What kit did you buy? I see ECS Kits starting at $4900, so where'd you spend the other 4-5K for blower?!
Old 08-23-2018, 05:43 AM
starfuel1
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by Denis_C6-Z
What kit did you buy? I see ECS Kits starting at $4900, so where'd you spend the other 4-5K for blower?!
you got me. I am unsure what kit you are talking about, i ordered mine with helical cut gears vs straight cut as i didn't want to advertise that the car was supercharged. Satin finish was another opiton i ordered. To get it delivered into california i had to specify that it was going to be for off road use only as they are illegal for street use. Shipping and what not brought it close to 9 grand. After installation i had problems keeping it from going lean above 3500 rpms. Changed out stock fuel pump for $900 hi flow after market pump had no effect on the lean issue. Removed pump and reinstalled stock pump and installed a $400 fuel pump controller that solved the problem. Boost pressure was 3 psi and managed to make 4 psi after two pulley changes and then had to replace injectors with bigger ones. Dyno sessions are not cheap but needed for evaluations. Catalytic converters are not designed to take the extra exhaust pressure produced by the forced induction so had them removed and gutted and reinstalled and with GM proprietary software had the rear O2 sensors turned off to keep check eng light from coming on. Car has to pass visual emissions inspection for license tags. Add in a wide band O2 sensor and a fuel pump voltage gauge and a few sessions with the tuner guru and throw in a couple of cases of beer and you would be amazed how the frog skins flee your walket
Old 08-23-2018, 08:59 AM
Denis_C6-Z
Burning Brakes

I've got a bottle on the car now and headed to the track tomorrow to see what she does! It's been a fun car but after talking to James @ ShorTuning I kind of want to put a ProCharger F1A94 on it and send it!

Originally Posted by starfuel1
you got me. I am unsure what kit you are talking about, i ordered mine with helical cut gears vs straight cut as i didn't want to advertise that the car was supercharged. Satin finish was another opiton i ordered. To get it delivered into california i had to specify that it was going to be for off road use only as they are illegal for street use. Shipping and what not brought it close to 9 grand. After installation i had problems keeping it from going lean above 3500 rpms. Changed out stock fuel pump for $900 hi flow after market pump had no effect on the lean issue. Removed pump and reinstalled stock pump and installed a $400 fuel pump controller that solved the problem. Boost pressure was 3 psi and managed to make 4 psi after two pulley changes and then had to replace injectors with bigger ones. Dyno sessions are not cheap but needed for evaluations. Catalytic converters are not designed to take the extra exhaust pressure produced by the forced induction so had them removed and gutted and reinstalled and with GM proprietary software had the rear O2 sensors turned off to keep check eng light from coming on. Car has to pass visual emissions inspection for license tags. Add in a wide band O2 sensor and a fuel pump voltage gauge and a few sessions with the tuner guru and throw in a couple of cases of beer and you would be amazed how the frog skins flee your walket

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous OR Blower?

Quick Reply: Nitrous OR Blower?