Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

track numbers

Old 02-19-2018, 08:13 PM
ShahulX
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts
Default track numbers

So i used to use magnetic numbers but cannot on the c7 .. aluminum and fiberglass and carbon fiber and all.. not so magnetic..

I bought vinyl numbers all last year.. expensive

I thought id go cheap and just use painters tape, but dont love the look..

any other thoughts?

print out and tape on?
Old 02-19-2018, 08:56 PM
Dan H.
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I bought a roll of contact paper from target and cut my own out. grab some race car number fonts off of google images and away you go. 5 years worth of numbers for $4.99
Old 02-19-2018, 08:58 PM
kenw
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

I was planning to try the "static window cling" ones from Trackdecals.com

Hopefully they will work well and more than once. Good luck
Old 02-19-2018, 09:01 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I've been using the removable vinyl stickers on the rear quarter windows. Yes, they aren't cheap and I'm contemplating buying a vinyl cutter and making them myself.

I do have a set of big reusable door stickers but eventually they start to peel back, then they collect brake dust coming off the front brakes, then they never stick right again.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:20 PM
Acid666
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts

I've got a plotter and do things on the side. I'm amazed at how much people charge for class numbers and letters. Those prices are ridiculous.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:49 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 708 Likes on 489 Posts

like Acid666 I bought my own plotter, makes decent income on the side occasionally. Instead of Contac Paper, you can buy "removable" vinyl instead. It looks more like normal vinyl, but comes off easily without the residue of permanent.

When I do make "reusable" numbers, I layer it over the removable vinyl above....it holds up well if you apply to a clean surface and take care of it.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:05 PM
ShahulX
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by kenw
I was planning to try the "static window cling" ones from Trackdecals.com

Hopefully they will work well and more than once. Good luck
I tried that. The issue was the small window behind the main window is small and tinted. The cling needs to be applied from the inside.... I have four white #9s lol.. Seventy dollars wasted.. Maybe I'll tape them on the outside

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
I've been using the removable vinyl stickers on the rear quarter windows. Yes, they aren't cheap and I'm contemplating buying a vinyl cutter and making them myself.

I do have a set of big reusable door stickers but eventually they start to peel back, then they collect brake dust coming off the front brakes, then they never stick right again.
Yea my big vinyl stickers get shredded after a few sessions. Can't really reuse them

​​​​​​Thanks for all the great ideas everyone .
Old 02-19-2018, 10:12 PM
_BlueZ06_
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I use contact paper like Dan does. It's fairly easy to find and can just cut out the numbers for each weekend. It's the best alternative if you're looking to reduce the cost. When I know I am leaving the numbers on for a while I will buy vinyls and reuse.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:32 PM
emptnest
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Another vote for contact paper. Done carefully, they look professional. And I have found them to be very durable. I applied one set last year and it lasted the full season without peeling or becoming discolored. At end of season, I pealed them off with zero residue.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:36 AM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts

I've been using these for a year now. Stick them on, peel them off, easily re-used over and over again.

http://www.izoomgraphics.com/index.p...products_id=11
Old 02-20-2018, 02:05 PM
Fast Cars & Horses
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

I have a yellow C6 Z and I bought a sheet of black carbon fiber vinyl wrap and cut the letters and numbers out of it...looks cool and is thicker and holds up better than the vinyl numbers I was buying before.

Get notified of new replies

To track numbers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: track numbers