Sponsored by:

JACKED up my Vette! C7 lifting tools and technique

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 08:13 AM
Ozzstar
Pro

Received 256 Likes on 75 Posts

Default JACKED up my Vette! C7 lifting tools and technique

Using the correct method to jack up a C5, 6 or 7th generation Corvette is very important for safety and to prevent damage to the vehicle. I posted a video on my YouTube channel explaining the importance, technique and tool that I use for lifting my Grand Sport. I hope it helps people out. If you have any mechanical requests or car jacking stories please leave them in the comments. Thanks for watching and be safe! -Glen

The following 5 users liked this post by Ozzstar:
cdnrx1 (02-20-2018), JDub64 (02-20-2018), Johnp94 (02-20-2018), KGrant (02-21-2018), Scoobydoobydoo (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 02:59 PM
Demnos
Racer

Received 200 Likes on 113 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19

Just wanted to say thank you for the great videos. I've been looking at the Reverse Logic pucks for my new Grand Sport for a while so that when I go to the dealer to get my oil changed that I will have them and not get my side skirts damaged, I've read that the regular height ones (without the added spacer) are fine for getting by the side skirts but seeing how much room you had with the ones you have is really worth its weight in gold. It's nice for me personally to be able to see in action what may appear to others to be straight forward information to help alleviate any concerns that I have. Forewarned is forearmed as they say. It also helps me focus in on what product will work well when there are TONS of options out there to choose from. Thank you again and keep up the great work!
Old 02-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Ozzstar
Pro

Received 256 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Demnos
Just wanted to say thank you for the great videos. I've been looking at the Reverse Logic pucks for my new Grand Sport for a while so that when I go to the dealer to get my oil changed that I will have them and not get my side skirts damaged, I've read that the regular height ones (without the added spacer) are fine for getting by the side skirts but seeing how much room you had with the ones you have is really worth its weight in gold. It's nice for me personally to be able to see in action what may appear to others to be straight forward information to help alleviate any concerns that I have. Forewarned is forearmed as they say. It also helps me focus in on what product will work well when there are TONS of options out there to choose from. Thank you again and keep up the great work!
Thank you Demnos I appreciate your comment and glad that the video was helpful!
Old 02-21-2018, 11:36 PM
Keppler
Safety Car

Received 432 Likes on 303 Posts

I do something similar except I lift the car from front center first. Using hockey pucks, a few 2 x 4's, and cement blocks placed at the side jacking points. Then I do the same at the rear. I do not trust jack stands. When I do use them I place cement blocks with 2 x 4's under the car as back ups.

The photo shows the car with all 4 wheels removed. I painted the wheel barrels gloss black.

Last edited by Keppler; 02-21-2018 at 11:38 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bankers1 (02-22-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 12:33 AM
bankers1
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Great Idea. I did not think of painting the Barrels. I'm doing my Calipers in a coupe weeks (above 60* out) and I'll do it at the same time.
I don't trust jacks stands either, I put some 8X8 PT lumber under X members so at least I have 8" to survive......

Get notified of new replies

To JACKED up my Vette! C7 lifting tools and technique

Quick Reply: JACKED up my Vette! C7 lifting tools and technique