Sponsored by:

Smarttop Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 10:17 PM
Finally-mine
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Smarttop Question

Hi All, I recently purchased a Mods4cars Smarttop for my 2018 GS vert. The production date is 07/2017. My question is, has anyone with a 2018 purchased a Smarttop and installed with no issues? I programmed and installed my module per M4c instructions and have not been able to use the device properly either via the one touch interior function or the key fob remote function. Stefan at M4c has been very helpful in trying to help figure out the problem but suggested I ask here if anyone else has had problems or had determined an answer with this type of complaint.
Thanks for any insight. Dan
Old 02-22-2018, 09:20 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,820 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Finally-mine
Hi All, I recently purchased a Mods4cars Smarttop for my 2018 GS vert. The production date is 07/2017. My question is, has anyone with a 2018 purchased a Smarttop and installed with no issues? I programmed and installed my module per M4c instructions and have not been able to use the device properly either via the one touch interior function or the key fob remote function. Stefan at M4c has been very helpful in trying to help figure out the problem but suggested I ask here if anyone else has had problems or had determined an answer with this type of complaint.
Thanks for any insight. Dan
When I had a "trouble", Stefan hooked up through my laptop and monitored the program while it was running. I gave him remote access to my laptop. Heck, mine is a 14' and I found a glitch just due to the month of the build for my car. This was within the last year when I purchased my SmartTop. That might be you're only fix for the issue.

Sorry, I got nothing else for ya'.

Elmer
The following users liked this post:
Finally-mine (02-23-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 05:16 PM
Finally-mine
Advanced

Thanks Elmer!!
Old 02-22-2018, 05:19 PM
GT Bill
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
When I had a "trouble", Stefan hooked up through my laptop and monitored the program while it was running. I gave him remote access to my laptop. Heck, mine is a 14' and I found a glitch just due to the month of the build for my car. This was within the last year when I purchased my SmartTop. That might be you're only fix for the issue.

Sorry, I got nothing else for ya'.

Elmer
Hi Elmer ,
I'm thinking of ordering one of these - but getting nervous - I don't want any problems.
Keep me in the loop.
-- Remember the Edelbrock SC tuning issues ?

Thanks
Old 02-22-2018, 06:36 PM
eboggs_jkvl

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati

Originally Posted by GT Bill
Hi Elmer ,
I'm thinking of ordering one of these - but getting nervous - I don't want any problems.
Keep me in the loop.
-- Remember the Edelbrock SC tuning issues ?

Thanks
What year is your car? 18s might have an issue as they are new. 14-16 should be rock solid.

Elmer

Oh, I remember the Edelbrock issue for sure!
Old 02-22-2018, 06:42 PM
Finally-mine
Advanced

I just heard from Stefan, the supplier is aware of an issue with the 18’s and is working on a fix “as we speak”!!
Old 02-22-2018, 08:14 PM
eboggs_jkvl

I just heard from Stefan, the supplier is aware of an issue with the 18’s and is working on a fix “as we speak”!!
Patience and it'll all work out!

Elmer
Old 02-22-2018, 08:22 PM
M_G
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Patience and it'll all work out!

Elmer
And its worth it in the end. By far the mod I get the most use out of. Works great on my 16.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:24 AM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by M_G
And its worth it in the end. By far the mod I get the most use out of. Works great on my 16.
...and my '17
Old 02-25-2018, 09:18 AM
Finally-mine
Advanced

I just saw a post on another corvette forum that another person has experienced a problem with the window bypass device "Window Valet". This person also has a 2018, interestingly enough. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that this is the same device that M4c uses in conjunction with their top module. Those that have a 2018 or 2019 may want to wait on either of these modifications until the manufacturer(s) is able to adapt the devices.
Thanks, Dan
Old 06-28-2018, 06:35 PM
Fcal
Drifting

Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts

I just saw a post on another corvette forum that another person has experienced a problem with the window bypass device "Window Valet". This person also has a 2018, interestingly enough. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that this is the same device that M4c uses in conjunction with their top module. Those that have a 2018 or 2019 may want to wait on either of these modifications until the manufacturer(s) is able to adapt the devices.
Thanks, Dan
Dan, even without the window function, It's still worth it. Talked with Stephan at M4C yesterday to debug my SmartTop. He said as soon as they can get TopDownTech to program the module for the 18/19's, he'll send out the fix.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:03 PM
naylor99
Pro

Received 419 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Fcal
Dan, even without the window function, It's still worth it. Talked with Stephan at M4C yesterday to debug my SmartTop. He said as soon as they can get TopDownTech to program the module for the 18/19's, he'll send out the fix.
Seems like this is still an issue. Anyone have any insights?

I have a SmartTop module on my Miata RF, and I absolutely love it. But the additional window controls would be VERY useful.

Get notified of new replies

To Smarttop Question

Quick Reply: Smarttop Question