C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

led head lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 10:34 PM
71gary
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default led head lights

I have a 71 and want to change the head lights to led but want this to be a simple change over thanks
Old 02-22-2018, 08:43 PM
scura283
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

You might want to look here;
https://vintagecarleds.com/?make=196...ion=vpf-search
Very expensive, and only for the outside lights, but they look to be high quality.
The following users liked this post:
caskiguy (02-22-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 07:18 AM
Darinm
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 71gary
I have a 71 and want to change the head lights to led but want this to be a simple change over thanks
This really depends on your definition of simple. Our C3's use 5-3/4" 4 headlight systems so they're readily available. But the issue comes in that the headlight buckets need slight modification to fit due to the original sealed beams not projecting as far back into the buckets as an aftermarket headlight due to the changeable bulbs.

There are cheap replacements at places like Ebay that you can use LED bulbs with but just be aware that they may not be optimally designed for LED use and may not project light as far as a good conventional bulb/lens setup or even projectors.

I'm sure this will open alot of discussion, but i'll say that if your goal is just to have LED bulbs that is easy. If your goal is to get better light quality, there are several threads here on changing up your wiring to get better quality voltage to your existing sealed beams that will really wake them up and it's quite simple to do, also requires no modifications so you could undo if needed.

So again, depends on your goal and definition of simple.

Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
Dad's L-82 (02-25-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To led head lights

Quick Reply: led head lights