C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure sensor acting crazy

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 08:00 PM
ZO6_Dom
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Oil pressure sensor acting crazy

Hey guys my oil sensor went out right after doing my engine swap, it stays pinned at maxed out oil pressure, if I turn the key to "on" with the car still off the gauge will stay maxed out.

Well I was babying around the engine until I got it tuned now that it is tuned and I can go WOT, when flooring it the oil pressure will go from maxed out to 0, Yesterday it stayed stuck on zero and my oil level on the HUD went blank, revved it up and it popped back over to maxed out and full oil level again,

I know the engine is not starving itself of oil, I also installed a melling high volume oil pump, just curious as to why only at WOT the sensor will go to zero
Old 02-23-2018, 09:08 PM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 213 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6_Dom
Hey guys my oil sensor went out right after doing my engine swap, it stays pinned at maxed out oil pressure, if I turn the key to "on" with the car still off the gauge will stay maxed out.
:
Your Oil Pressure Sensor is shot and will soon start leaking oil.

Common issue and lots of info on this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=97-0...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 02-24-2018, 12:39 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

they are touchy..if you over torque them the slightest bit you run the risk of screwing them up

I recommend doing the relocate and then if you ever have an issue again its an easy swap...
Old 02-24-2018, 11:27 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
they are touchy..if you over torque them the slightest bit you run the risk of screwing them up

I recommend doing the relocate and then if you ever have an issue again its an easy swap...

My 04 still has it's original OPS, as far as i know, and believe it or not it's not leaking.
With that said ( watch now because i shot off my mouth it will start to leak ) when the time comes to replacing it I will also do the relocation procedure

Get notified of new replies

To Oil pressure sensor acting crazy

Quick Reply: Oil pressure sensor acting crazy