Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New member! Looking for advice on audio question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 10:01 PM
Ruckus
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member! Looking for advice on audio question.

So I purchased my 07 corvette a little while back after dreaming of owning one my entire life! Couldn't be more happy. So far no mods have been done however I plan on tackling the sound system soon. Already ordered some parts ready to go!. However I have a quick question and figured maybe someone could give me some advice. So here it is. 07 corvette bose system. I plan on a simple install nothing too crazy just a little better than stock. I purchased a pioneer head unit with all the accessories needed to install.(prepared to remove the bose amp and speakers completely) I have 6.5 component jl speakers for the front. Baffles are great however the opening for the tweeter on the baffle is too large for the tweeter included in the set I purchased. Was wonderin if anyone has any experience using the stock 3.5 twiddler instead of a tweeter. That way i just run the 6.5s with the stock twiddlers. Or should I fabricate a way to make the tweeter fit that goes along with the jl speakers I bought. Would it distort the audio if I kept the 3.5s? Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-23-2018, 10:26 PM
sterw
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruckus
So I purchased my 07 corvette a little while back after dreaming of owning one my entire life! Couldn't be more happy. So far no mods have been done however I plan on tackling the sound system soon. Already ordered some parts ready to go!. However I have a quick question and figured maybe someone could give me some advice. So here it is. 07 corvette bose system. I plan on a simple install nothing too crazy just a little better than stock. I purchased a pioneer head unit with all the accessories needed to install.(prepared to remove the bose amp and speakers completely) I have 6.5 component jl speakers for the front. Baffles are great however the opening for the tweeter on the baffle is too large for the tweeter included in the set I purchased. Was wonderin if anyone has any experience using the stock 3.5 twiddler instead of a tweeter. That way i just run the 6.5s with the stock twiddlers. Or should I fabricate a way to make the tweeter fit that goes along with the jl speakers I bought. Would it distort the audio if I kept the 3.5s? Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I recently did my 2008 non bose. I used these speaker adapter plates:

http://www.nakidparts.com/id28.html
Old 02-23-2018, 11:42 PM
Ruckus
6th Gear

Thanks! That's the plates I have. But the tweeter is still too small! Just debating on running the wires to the stock 3.5 or to make my own plate for this tweeter. Not sure if it would work or which would sound better.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:43 PM
Ruckus
6th Gear

Default Heres a pic

Old 02-24-2018, 09:49 AM
sterw
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

With your speakers did you have any plastic adapters for the tweeter. Some are for surface mounting, but one is the mount you are missing. It increases the diameter and provides a tension bracket to secure it.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:48 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Deffinetly ditch stock twiddler. I lost my old templates but if you mail me one of your brackets I can cut you new ones that will fit tweeters
Old 02-27-2018, 03:47 PM
daverulz
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

You want to use the JL tweeters, you will get sub-par results using the stock speakers in their place. Just make a small donut out of 1/8 or 1/4 MDF to adapt the tweeter to the hole of the adapter plates.

Get notified of new replies

To New member! Looking for advice on audio question.

Quick Reply: New member! Looking for advice on audio question.