C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Intune vs dyno tune

Old 03-16-2018, 06:31 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Intune vs dyno tune

I just replaced my original LS1 with another LS1 that has a mild cam. I already had a tune b/c of headers, but the new motor also has a FAST intake and an LS2 throttle body.

I used a Diablosport Intune adjusted by MonteSS for the previous mods. He advised a dyno tune with the new motor.

Should I return my Intune to stock and sell it, or should I just download the new dyno tune to the Intune and use that device for future adjustments?
Old 03-17-2018, 01:49 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Diablo is by far the BEST of the handheld tuners
However with major mods like a cam and especially LT headers a handheld will NOT have the ability to address the proper tables to accommodate your mods
Yes it will be close but you will leave some HP and more importantly the driveability quality on the table
Old 03-17-2018, 02:45 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

yeah, it also has ported heads and a GM "HOT" cam (so not necessarily a "mild" cam)... not something I would do via an email tune.. best bet is to take it to a shop and run it on a dyno to get tuned...

small cams, not much bigger than stock, and if it runs/drives ok with no stalling or dying, I can do no problem.. but if the car won't run/drive without stalling or dying, then no, that's not something I would do via email tuning..

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 03-17-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:33 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

No question I was pleased w/ Intune and the tune Monte put on it....
My question is -- Should I return the car to the original tune before dyno tuning, or will the Intune still be useful to me in the future?
Old 03-17-2018, 11:12 PM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by C5inWV
My question is -- Should I return the car to the original tune before dyno tuning, or will the Intune still be useful to me in the future?
Probably not. going to be useful. With those mods, you need a dyno tune or a run tune that records your current run tables and can be adjusted per the current run table data (via Chuck Cow).

Last edited by bikeriderga; 03-17-2018 at 11:12 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by bikeriderga:
C5inWV (03-18-2018), Chuck CoW (03-19-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 07:57 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

yes, you will want to restore the original backup stock tune to the car first before having it tuned with something else, in order to unlock/reset the intune so you can sell it or use it on another supported vehicle..

if you don't restore the original backup tune, and someone tunes the car with something else, then the intune will still be locked to your vehicle and you, nor anyone else, will be able to use it, because it will still be locked to your vehicle.. they'd have to pay diablosport to unlock/reset it.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
The following users liked this post:
C5inWV (03-20-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 11:00 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you very much....

Originally Posted by bikeriderga
Probably not. going to be useful. With those mods, you need a dyno tune or a run tune that records your current run tables and can be adjusted per the current run table data (via Chuck Cow).
Thank you very much...

YES, the only way to do a vehicle like that remotely is with our Efi Live AutoCal.

Click HERE for the only "handheld" tool that will do what you need.

A car with a cam or blower can not really be done with one of the retail type "handhelds" and

if you want any hope of making the car run properly, you need something like our "AutoCal with serial WIDEBAND"

feature. We use it all over the world to calibrate vehicles with all kinds of mods.

Call any time if you're interested.
914-332-0049

Chuck CoW

Last edited by Chuck CoW; 03-19-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:51 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Thank you very much...

YES, the only way to do a vehicle like that remotely is with our Efi Live AutoCal.

Or anyone else that uses Efi live or Hp tuners.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:43 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

The GM Hot Cam is notoriously hard to tune---Doing a mail order tune on a Hot Cam may take several attempts to get it right---I would have recommended something else--The Texas Speed "torquer" is a much more aggressive cam and will make more HP and TQ Plus it is an easy cam to tune---( the huge split of duration @ .050 on a Hot Cam creates drive abilty issues Like surging dying etc
The following users liked this post:
C5inWV (05-11-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 12:15 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default There's no way to use that tool....

I just replaced my original LS1 with another LS1 that has a mild cam. I already had a tune b/c of headers, but the new motor also has a FAST intake and an LS2 throttle body.

I used a Diablosport Intune adjusted by MonteSS for the previous mods. He advised a dyno tune with the new motor.

Should I return my Intune to stock and sell it, or should I just download the new dyno tune to the Intune and use that device for future adjustments?
There's no way to use that tool.... Unless you want to get a professional tune cable and a wideband,

My AutoCal is really the only cost effective way.... Unless you have a decent tuner local to you.

Call if you have questions. 914-332-0049
Chuck CoW
Old 05-08-2018, 03:04 AM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Podium
Or anyone else that uses Efi live or Hp tuners.
I second that. HP Tuner vs Intune for your application.
Old 05-08-2018, 09:24 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default People should realize.....

Originally Posted by My Vette Life
I second that. HP Tuner vs Intune for your application.
People should realize..... HPT and EFI Live are both excellent tools and either will do a good job.....

ONLY if connected to the right tuner. The BEST tool in the hands of a hack.... does you no good or better than the other.

Using the OP's vehicle as an example... A CAM and a FAST INTAKE (especially the CAM) You need a WIDEBAND to

do it right.... End of story. You might make it work ok without the wideband....but it will never be THE BEST IT CAN BE.

Again, regardless of the tool...... It's the tuner and phis use of the software with the WIDEBAND input that will

make it OK, GOOD,..... or PERFECT.

We make an affordable tuning package available for remote tuning with a wideband..... Likely the only setup around

without spending crazy money.

Chuck CoW

Old 05-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Podium
Burning Brakes

People should realize..... HPT and EFI Live are both excellent tools and either will do a good job.....

ONLY if connected to the right tuner. The BEST tool in the hands of a hack.... does you no good or better than the other.

Using the OP's vehicle as an example... A CAM and a FAST INTAKE (especially the CAM) You need a WIDEBAND to

do it right.... End of story. You might make it work ok without the wideband....but it will never be THE BEST IT CAN BE.

Again, regardless of the tool...... It's the tuner and phis use of the software with the WIDEBAND input that will

We make an affordable tuning package available for remote tuning with a wideband..... Likely the only setup around

Chuck CoW

You think you're the only remote tuner who uses a wideband? You should always use a wideband when tuning, regardless of the set up.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:22 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default As I said...... and you didn't read...

You think you're the only remote tuner who uses a wideband? You should always use a wideband when tuning, regardless of the set up.
As I said...... and you didn't read...

Using my inexpensive AutoCal w/ serial wideband is often a better option than buying a professional tuning rig and wideband setup.

Especially when you don't know how to use it.

I make it inexpensive AND easy to get professional tuner/wideband results even if you're outside our country.

I do it every day and it works. I will also say, (despite the one guy that copied my idea) I've likely got the ONLY

inexpensive "handheld" (and I don't like using that word) that employs a digital serial wideband packaged so it's

very affordable and VERY effective.

The EFI LIVE AutoCal does not come with provisions for aux inputs..... I make it work and fabricate the cable.

That's one of the other things that makes my idea unique.

Chuck CoW
Old 05-11-2018, 02:30 AM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Chuck CoW

that's true, but there's some people like myself who will be self taught on tuning. Of course there's always the possibility of ruining everything which is possible but I'd rather learn on my own and will save $$$ in future for newer cars.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:32 AM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

I think what he is saying and what I always see, is your always try to push your products/services.

Someway's I feel you tend to hijack a thread with your products/services.

Just saying. so no hard feelings.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:22 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Certainly no hard feelings.....

Originally Posted by My Vette Life
I think what he is saying and what I always see, is your always try to push your products/services.

Someway's I feel you tend to hijack a thread with your products/services.

Just saying. so no hard feelings.

Certainly no hard feelings..... Please keep in mind that I've paid monthly to use this site for MANY years....

Remember, I PAY to advertise here which makes this site FREE for it's members to use, so I somewhat object to

use of the word "hijack" as Internet Brands is a business and so am I.

We both spend money here to make money.

Additionally, I spend lots of time answering questions and helping people here.... and fielding "tech" calls outside of my "advertising"

duties and nobody pays me for the time I spend giving free information or participating in this site.

When I see a post like this.....

I consider my involvement.... "invited" and I make every effort to answer questions or correct information that I see is wrong

or misleading..... Especially when it comes to my services or products.

The people who post in these threads, are NOT the only people reading them, so please don't feel that my comments are

directed at you and I'll assume your comments are not directed at me.

For the benefit of EVERYONE reading this now and in the future.... I'll continue to help where I can and please don't be surprised

if I drop and plug for myself here or there.....

Again, it's us vendors that make this service FREE for all of you so I hope you don't mind I try to re-coup on

my investment.

Chuck CoW

Get notified of new replies

To Intune vs dyno tune

Old 05-11-2018, 09:06 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Certainly no hard feelings..... Please keep in mind that I've paid monthly to use this site for MANY years....

Remember, I PAY to advertise here which makes this site FREE for it's members to use, so I somewhat object to

use of the word "hijack" as Internet Brands is a business and so am I.

We both spend money here to make money.

Additionally, I spend lots of time answering questions and helping people here.... and fielding "tech" calls outside of my "advertising"

duties and nobody pays me for the time I spend giving free information or participating in this site.

When I see a post like this.....

I consider my involvement.... "invited" and I make every effort to answer questions or correct information that I see is wrong

or misleading..... Especially when it comes to my services or products.

The people who post in these threads, are NOT the only people reading them, so please don't feel that my comments are

directed at you and I'll assume your comments are not directed at me.

For the benefit of EVERYONE reading this now and in the future.... I'll continue to help where I can and please don't be surprised

if I drop and plug for myself here or there.....

Again, it's us vendors that make this service FREE for all of you so I hope you don't mind I try to re-coup on

my investment.

Chuck CoW

When is the last time you helped with a tune question with out plugging your services? Just wondering.

I understand that sponsor money helps this site but dont act we owe you for this site. Thats poor taste.

My Vette Life is correct. I do think you are always trying to push yourself, which is fine but you do it when its not wanted as well(Im not referring to this thread). You should advertise since you are a sponsor, but you shouldn't act like everyone is inapt and youre the only one who can tune correctly.

I tune my own cars and trucks and a few locally. I got into tuning because of a local tuner who tuned my last car like crap. Ive been tuning for a year now and Im doing well. Im not looking for a remote tune or anyone else to touch my car, but if I was it wouldn't be you. Let me explain. Your aggressive marketing turns me off because you come off like a used car salesmen. You seem desperate to get attention and put yourself on a pedestal. Makes me think you're hiding something. Not saying you are, just comes off that way.

I would go with Vengeance or ECS. I see what comes out of their shop and while they do advertise and make threads, they are not cramming it down our throats and they help out when they can while not pushing their services all the time.

Take it how you want to. Maybe you can come off a little less aggressive and appeal to everyone. Or, keep doing what your doing. Im sure youre making a killing deleting torque management and making the throttle open faster for the elders of the corvette community.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:58 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tblu92
The GM Hot Cam is notoriously hard to tune---Doing a mail order tune on a Hot Cam may take several attempts to get it right---I would have recommended something else--The Texas Speed "torquer" is a much more aggressive cam and will make more HP and TQ Plus it is an easy cam to tune---( the huge split of duration @ .050 on a Hot Cam creates drive abilty issues Like surging dying etc
My motor is from an LS1 that raced in the Motorola Cup series years ago. The cam was spec for the series. I'm not one to waste things, so I just rebuilt the motor and used what I had. It even has the 241 heads. No doubt I would get about 50 more HP if I used the heads and cams that are available now.
I ended up gettting a dyno tune. It only has 415 rwhp, and that is exactly what I expected based on the series rules. My car is used exclusively for track days, and I'm pretty satisfied with it so far.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:04 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default You're just like the rest of them......

When is the last time you helped with a tune question with out plugging your services? Just wondering.

I understand that sponsor money helps this site but dont act we owe you for this site. Thats poor taste.

My Vette Life is correct. I do think you are always trying to push yourself, which is fine but you do it when its not wanted as well(Im not referring to this thread). You should advertise since you are a sponsor, but you shouldn't act like everyone is inapt and youre the only one who can tune correctly.

I tune my own cars and trucks and a few locally. I got into tuning because of a local tuner who tuned my last car like crap. Ive been tuning for a year now and Im doing well. Im not looking for a remote tune or anyone else to touch my car, but if I was it wouldn't be you. Let me explain. Your aggressive marketing turns me off because you come off like a used car salesmen. You seem desperate to get attention and put yourself on a pedestal. Makes me think you're hiding something. Not saying you are, just comes off that way.

I would go with Vengeance or ECS. I see what comes out of their shop and while they do advertise and make threads, they are not cramming it down our throats and they help out when they can while not pushing their services all the time.

Take it how you want to. Maybe you can come off a little less aggressive and appeal to everyone. Or, keep doing what your doing. Im sure youre making a killing deleting torque management and making the throttle open faster for the elders of the corvette community.

You're just like the rest of them......

You fit the profile of the "I'm a Corvette Forum Member.... and I got HP TUNERS so I can pipe up when I want to"... Club.

So, when you say......

Your aggressive marketing turns me off because you come off like a used car salesmen. You seem desperate to get attention and put yourself on a pedestal. Makes me think you're hiding something. Not saying you are, just comes off that way.
I don't really give a SMURF what you think.... At all.

Just how many insults should I read before I tell you what I think of you...? Despite the fact that I never met you. Huh?

You're also right... I do always push my products.... That's why I'm here and what I pay for.

Hope you don't mind. Bro.

Chuck CoW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intune vs dyno tune