C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z06 Tune Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 10:58 AM
z06_Juan
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default C7 Z06 Tune Help

I’ve been working with a reputable shop on a remote tune, however some small bugs are still present. Can someone point me in the correct direction to resolve these bugs, or at least confirm these issues can not be fixed?

The issue is that the car doesn’t know where to match the revs. It’ll drop revs quickly while getting into the next gear, & it ends up below the correct RPM for the next gear & it the car realizes this, so it then revs up to the correct RPM.
however the car then bounces around for a bit before settling at the correct rpm.

The other issue is that while NOT in rev match mode, upshifting normally the car drops RPMs quite quickly IMO.
I have to up shift as if I were racing so that I can get catch the correct RPM while it is falling.

Mods:

F1A w/ 3.7” pulley
TSP VVT3
TSP LTHs
alky dual nozzle meth
E85
LMR tank

FYI, I’m not here to shame the current shop, I’m simply looking for assistance as these issues have been present for quite some time & I was hoping they would have found the fix by now.

Thank you all, attached a few logs and the current tune.

EDIT: For some reason CF isn't attaching my tune or logs.
Here is a dropbox link for these files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kuytsyhpg...lHjJ3S1ra?dl=0
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
Normal Driving Fixeed.hpl (1.35 MB, 30 views)
File Type: hpl
Slight aggressive Fixed.hpl (1.15 MB, 28 views)

Last edited by z06_Juan; 03-17-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:18 AM
kc stingray
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

6l80etuning.com
steve is very thorough and knowledgeable! has tuned multiple cars for me and my friends. never had any issues.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:38 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Originally Posted by kc stingray
6l80etuning.com
steve is very thorough and knowledgeable! has tuned multiple cars for me and my friends. never had any issues.
Sounds like the op has a manual tranny.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:51 PM
kc stingray
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 383vett
Sounds like the op has a manual tranny.
He is capable of tuning manual transmissions as well. That's why I posted a link
Old 03-17-2018, 04:37 PM
z06_Juan
Instructor

I’ve gotten a few recommendations on who to contact, I was hoping someone would chime in on what to look for so I can just have the current shop working on it right now look into it.

Thanks for for the recommendations, I’ll keep these handy if i have to go that route.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:46 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

all of your files links are broken
Old 03-17-2018, 05:37 PM
z06_Juan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
all of your files links are broken
Weird... I'll try to reattach them.

Reattaching them didn't work, CF is creating dead links for the attachments.

I posted a dropbox link in the OP

Last edited by z06_Juan; 03-17-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:04 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

I only looked at "Revision 5 Complete" so I don't know what the other two are.

Fast Torque Exit (is stock) and Driver Demand are not like I would set them.

You're running a MAF only tune and the VVE tables are stock, which I would address.

The blower puts a load on the engine and if not compensated for in the torque model it will pull it down as well.

At first glance your torque model is stock.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:27 PM
z06_Juan
Instructor

I only looked at "Revision 5 Complete" so I don't know what the other two are.

Fast Torque Exit (is stock) and Driver Demand are not like I would set them.

You're running a MAF only tune and the VVE tables are stock, which I would address.

The blower puts a load on the engine and if not compensated for in the torque model it will pull it down as well.

At first glance your torque model is stock.
this is sort of upsetting. You would not believe me if I told you who tuned my car.
I will have to forward this info to them, thank you again.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:59 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Don’t be too upset, this is a common situation. I bet all the similarly modded cars to yours drive differently but not everyone takes issue with it. Very easy to write it off as characteristics of the modifications, but today’s ecm’s are powerful and in my opinion anything can be made to drive as good as stock now.....but it takes a lot more time and you may have to pay for that time......
Old 03-18-2018, 12:11 AM
z06_Juan
Instructor

Don’t be too upset, this is a common situation. I bet all the similarly modded cars to yours drive differently but not everyone takes issue with it. Very easy to write it off as characteristics of the modifications, but today’s ecm’s are powerful and in my opinion anything can be made to drive as good as stock now.....but it takes a lot more time and you may have to pay for that time......
I have no problem paying for time, but the customer communication, and work input is no where near what I’ve paid so far. I’ve gotten maybe 45 minutes out of a 2 hour prepayment. I feel as if I come off as impatient, but this has been a 2 month venture, and the only time I am talked to is when I talk first asking for updates in the tune or whether they’ve had the time to look at my logs.
I understand businesses get busy, stuff takes time, etc. I really have no issue with that.

But if you are saying most things look stock, then what really has been changed after 5 revisions? That’s just not cool..

Last edited by z06_Juan; 03-18-2018 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:24 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

I hear you man. I am not saying "most" things look stock, just a few things and they are things a lot of tuners don't change and get away with it so I am saying don't feel singled out or something, you are just expecting more than the average person and there is nothing wrong with that. 11 years ago I was in the same boat so I taught myself to tune on a 750rwhp 2001 Z06 (and if you remember those cars it took a lot to get to the 700's).

Good luck getting the tune polished up, it can be done, but these ECMs are monsters, I hate them and long for the old days when all you had to do was set spark up and tune the MAF and SD tables, lol. I feel like an old man lamenting the carburator now.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z06 Tune Help

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 Tune Help