C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Little help with Carbon 65 Edition and Stage 3 aero

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 02:34 PM
1qwktrk
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Little help with Carbon 65 Edition and Stage 3 aero

My dad who isnt a forum guy recently swapped his z51 for a Carbon 65 z06.
I am reading that with the z07 package the stage 3 aero would have been included with the car but not installed. The dealer did provide the clear rear spoiler extension, and brake ducts with the car but not the front tall wickers. Were these supposed to be included? Dealer says the regular 3lz Z07 car would have but not the carbon 65. It did have the stage 2 style in carbon fiber installed on the car for delivery.
I know it does not appear that GM makes carbon versions but I would think they would have included in the carbon flash color or something.
TIA
Old 04-18-2018, 03:45 PM
BladeZ06
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

You are right and the dealer is wrong.

Z07 package 100% comes with the tall wickers. Carbon 65 package is an appearance group that does not change what comes with the car. They owe you the tall end caps.

BTW the official GM deliver rules on a Z07 car is the low end caps installed and the clear "bridge" not installed like your car was delivered. The tall end caps and the bridge are intended for track use. People run them on the street which just costs some MPG.

(This is assuming the car is a Z07 car which is a separate option to the Carbon 65 package. It would be clearly marked on the window sticker.)

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 04-25-2018 at 11:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
1qwktrk (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 04:04 PM
1qwktrk
Intermediate

car is a z07 package, carbon brakes and all.
Is there a way I can contact GM directly as the dealer isnt willing to even talk to him about it. They are being incredibly rude. Mostly because they were not honest had agreed to a price then did paperwork differently and it wasnt noticed till all was signed and looked at paperwork next day. Dealer is couple hundred miles away from home so its not like we can just stop in. Sales person is also Owner/manager or something so he wont budge.

BTW I highly recommend to avoid Connell chevrolet in Costa mesa and Tim Connell. Very unsatisfied with the customer service.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:31 PM
cyi1
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 169 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Welcome and congrats on the purchase. Get used to shitty chevrolet dealership service.

Mine was the same and dealership refused to give me missing parts.
I e-mailed Mary.barra@gm.com and one of her assistants responded quickly and after a couple weeks my missing parts were shipped to my house.
The following users liked this post:
1qwktrk (04-18-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 05:59 PM
1qwktrk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cyi1
Welcome and congrats on the purchase. Get used to shitty chevrolet dealership service.

Mine was the same and dealership refused to give me missing parts.
I e-mailed Mary.barra@gm.com and one of her assistants responded quickly and after a couple weeks my missing parts were shipped to my house.
Wish it was my car, still a little out of my budget. Its an awesome car, not quite as quick as my truck but so much more capable and composed. Also significantly easier to drive than a 700rwhp drag pickup haha.
Thank you, I sent her an email, on my Dad's behalf. hoping to hear back soon.

Last edited by 1qwktrk; 04-18-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:52 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by 1qwktrk
car is a z07 package, carbon brakes and all.
Is there a way I can contact GM directly as the dealer isnt willing to even talk to him about it. They are being incredibly rude. Mostly because they were not honest had agreed to a price then did paperwork differently and it wasnt noticed till all was signed and looked at paperwork next day. Dealer is couple hundred miles away from home so its not like we can just stop in. Sales person is also Owner/manager or something so he wont budge.

BTW I highly recommend to avoid Connell chevrolet in Costa mesa and Tim Connell. Very unsatisfied with the customer service.
I had a similar issue when I took delivery of my 15 Z06. The car had the Stage 3 End Caps installed and the Stage 2 End Caps were missing. Along with the selling dealer playing dumb I had the added inconvience that the car was a dealer to dealer transfer and both dealers started pointing fingers at the other. I called GM Customer Service and the problem was resolved within two weeks. This is something they can do since the dealer isn't providing the parts that were supposed to come with the car. This can happen at dealerships that don't sell a lot of Corvettes since stuff packaged with the car gets ignored and misplaced. GM made the selling dealer provide the correct Stage 2 End Caps which meant they had to provide a complete front splitter as that is the only way GM sells the Stage 2 end caps. That is a $2K part. They called me and to tell me they were shipping the splitter to my local GM dealership where I have the car serviced. Then GM Customer Service Called me back to ask if I was satisfied, which I was, and then gave me a charge number for $1000 of GM Accessories that I could purchase from my dealer's parts department.

Bill
Old 04-25-2018, 04:09 PM
1qwktrk
Intermediate

Bumping this back up, just got off the phone with GM they are telling me these are not only not available and they do not fit the carbon 65 front spoiler. Yet GM's press release website shows them on the car. you can see they are in carbon flash painted not matching carbon fiber. Lady at GM on the phone says by Vin they are not included?
Any input folks?
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...t-jackson.html

Can someone also verify that 23184895 is the correct part number and any literature showing these are part of the z07 package would be great!

Last edited by 1qwktrk; 04-25-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:31 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by 1qwktrk
Bumping this back up, just got off the phone with GM they are telling me these are not only not available and they do not fit the carbon 65 front spoiler. Yet GM's press release website shows them on the car. you can see they are in carbon flash painted not matching carbon fiber. Lady at GM on the phone says by Vin they are not included?
Any input folks?
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...t-jackson.html

Can someone also verify that 23184895 is the correct part number and any literature showing these are part of the z07 package would be great!
I don't have a good picture of the car but this is a picture of the Carbon 65 that was in the Chevrolet Display at the Woodward Dream Cruise last August. You can see the Stage 3 End Caps but really can't tell whether they are carbon or carbon flash.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 04-25-2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:37 PM
1qwktrk
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
I don't have a good picture of the car but this is a picture of the Carbon 65 that was in the Chevrolet Display at the Woodward Dream Cruise last August. You can see the Stage 3 End Caps but really can't tell whether they are carbon or carbon flash.

Bill
Every photo of them I can find are carbon flash painted and that's fine, I just want the parts that should have been included with the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Little help with Carbon 65 Edition and Stage 3 aero

Quick Reply: Little help with Carbon 65 Edition and Stage 3 aero