Notices
C6 Parts for Sale/Wanted C6 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements

WTB: Akrapovic Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 09:35 PM
TJB-VETTE
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C7 of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2020 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Default Akrapovic Exhaust

I know they are getting difficult to find, but looking for a nice used set of Akrapovic for my Z06. Willing to pay good money for a low mileage set with 125mm carbon tips. Will pay for shipping. PM or text me at 12705644277 if you have a set available.

Thanks

Last edited by TJB-VETTE; 04-19-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:25 AM
TJB-VETTE
Drifting

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Weekend bump
Old 04-21-2018, 01:30 PM
zedohseis
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TJB-VETTE
Weekend bump
I already tried this method lol. Anybody who's gonna sell it will probably make their own thread and the exhaust will probably sell within an hour of the post. Basically look for a secondary option like I am now lol
Old 04-21-2018, 04:10 PM
TJB-VETTE
Drifting

Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I'm trying everything buddy. You never know. Found a couple with scratched up tips. Looking for a set in really good shape

Originally Posted by zedohseis
I already tried this method lol. Anybody who's gonna sell it will probably make their own thread and the exhaust will probably sell within an hour of the post. Basically look for a secondary option like I am now lol
Old 04-26-2018, 10:52 PM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 582 Posts

http://www.c6performance.net/catalog/shopping_cart.php

this place says they have it, I didn’t go completely through check so it could be “back ordered” 🙄

CCA corvette customs also says they can get it but it’s two months back order@ $1500 🤷🏻*♂️ They are a forum vendor and I emailed a sales rep a good 7 times to confirm that price was for the completer stainless slip on and not just the tips and he assured me yes it for the slip on, those led him email when in stock. Good luck man!
Old 04-26-2018, 11:16 PM
NVA2010
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

When it comes to buying Akra exhaust systems new, people not familiar with the brand tend to get confused. They come from the motorcycle world and use the same terminology for their auto systems.

The ones people tend to see brand new for ~1500-1800 are either A. Only the tips by themselves or B. The mufflers only with no tips

The axle-back system usually runs ~2300 new and is called "Slip-On" which in the bike world is synonymous with muffler systems. This comes with the mufflers and the tips together since the tips are detachable from the mufflers.

The cat-back system typically runs about ~2900 new and is called "Evolution" or just "Evo" for short. This system for bikes is the headers all the way back to the muffler, but for autos it's just the X-pipe, mufflers and tips.

These prices are for the stainless steel versions as they no longer make new titanium ones. The only parts you can still get new in Ti are the tips which give you the option of Ti or Carbon.

With that said, good luck finding a used set. They don't come up often and when they do, people aren't exaggerating, they sell typically within a matter of hours or at most a few days.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:02 AM
zedohseis
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 73DBG
http://www.c6performance.net/catalog/shopping_cart.php

this place says they have it, I didn’t go completely through check so it could be “back ordered” 🙄

CCA corvette customs also says they can get it but it’s two months back order@ $1500 🤷🏻*♂️ They are a forum vendor and I emailed a sales rep a good 7 times to confirm that price was for the completer stainless slip on and not just the tips and he assured me yes it for the slip on, those led him email when in stock. Good luck man!
I called about 4 different websites directly and they all said sold out and not looking like they would receive anymore. I emailed akrapovic directly and they are DISCONTINUED M8. Be quick on the draw when a used set comes out is your best course. I've decided I'm going to just get the z06 muffler mod done at a martinez type shop.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:32 AM
73DBG
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 582 Posts

Got it thanks for clearing that up because I was indeed confused why the prices varied so much.

Get notified of new replies

To Akrapovic Exhaust

Quick Reply: WTB: Akrapovic Exhaust