C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Turn Signals?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 11:30 PM
kolsen911
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Turn Signals?

So I've been gone for 3 months and my Hemi Vette has been sitting in the garage with the battery disconnected and a car cover.

When I get home I put the charger on and the next day she starts right up, but no turn signals!!!! So today I check all the wiring under the dash, check all the fuses, wiggle all the wires under the dash, look for any lose ground, but no luck.

I check the Corvette 63/65 manual but nothing there that helps. Can't find the turn signal actuator, the one you hear clicking. No lights on the dash, but all the lights work, brake and running lights.

I'll foose with it again tomorrow but kind of at a lose for whats going on. The turn signal actuator i'm familiar with is a round aluminum one but can't find anything like that in the car?????????
Old 04-20-2018, 01:43 AM
LB66383
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

The actuator should be attached to a clip on the console's left sidepanel. Near your right knee as you're sitting in the car. You might have to remove that sidepanel to find it -- someone may have stuck it back there rather than where it's supposed to be.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:47 AM
rongold
Drifting

Location: Putnam Valley, New York. Amateur Radio Operator K2NS
Received 163 Likes on 116 Posts

Default Flasher

The turn signal flasher is located on the left console side cover, above your right ankle when your foot is on the gas pedal. It should be mounted in a clip. If it's not in the clip, then it is probably just hanging down out of the dash just to the left of the console side cover.

RON
Old 04-20-2018, 12:18 PM
kolsen911
Burning Brakes

Ok I did see a little clear plastic thing there. I could see the copper coils inside. Never seen one like that. I'll pull it and check and or replace it.

Thanks all
KO
Old 04-20-2018, 01:33 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 736 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by kolsen911
Ok I did see a little clear plastic thing there. I could see the copper coils inside. Never seen one like that. I'll pull it and check and or replace it.

Thanks all
KO
Do you have LEDs in the signal lights front, rear or both? The reason I ask is that I have LEDs at all four corners of both my cars and they require the electronic flasher which in my case has a clear plastic housing like you mention.
Just a thought.
Dave Z

Old 04-20-2018, 04:09 PM
kolsen911
Burning Brakes

Thanks guys. Never saw a flasher like that before. Ran down to Napa and got a replacement and all's cool now. Well it was only 50 years old.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:19 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by kolsen911
Thanks guys. Never saw a flasher like that before. Ran down to Napa and got a replacement and all's cool now. Well it was only 50 years old.
If it was clear, it was only a few years old. The fifty year old ones were silver with a bi-metallic strip inside and you couldn't see inside them. Great that it fixed your problem, you may have LED's as mentioned.

Get notified of new replies

To Turn Signals?

Quick Reply: Turn Signals?