C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBE PRT Exhaust review

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 08:16 PM
Noveske
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default BBE PRT Exhaust review

My car is a 2012 GS M6, with heads, cam and ls7 exhaust manifolds. Previous exhaust was ls7 manifolds to single cat factory z06 H pipe modified to 2.5 inch into Corsa sport mufflers.
The Corsa sounded good, with no resonance or drone inside the car. I switched exhaust to go 3 inch all the way back.
I used a 2008 z06/zr1 Corsa 3in X-pipe to connect the new BBE PRT Z06/ZR1 3in system.
Fit and finish on the PRT was excellent, welds looked good, very little spatter. It was a bit difficult to install the system, as I had limited clearance (in the garage, on my back) but once installed, it lined up perfect, and the tips match.
It has way more bass than the Corsa. Way more. Like a banjo vs the beastie boys. It kind of hints at resonance around 1500-1800rpm, but it's not bad. It is louder than the Corsa sport at all RPM's, but has a crisp sound that sounds similar to a mustang. Very good sounding, and I found myself driving by sound just to hear it.
If you like to cruise around with the windows up and converse with your passenger, then its passable. Not as good as the Corsa for that aspect. But for awesome sound, and being noticed, it excels.
I am very happy with the purchase, and I did pay market value, and am not affiliated with either company.
My results may differ than yours, as I am running more compression, and cam-etc.
I got the oval tips, and they look excellent with a widebody. I think they are 4.5inX3in. I would post a clip, but it really does not convey the sound and bass well.
Hope this helps you all with exhaust choices.
The following users liked this post:
CamarosRus (04-27-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 03:25 AM
Tj25
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

When i bought my 06 base auto 6 months ago an axle back exhaust was my first mod.

Everyone raved about how good the bullets from billy boat were so i got a set. installed and was shocked to find out it was impossible to stand
the amount of drone bullets produced. at highway cruise it was almost impossible to hold a conversation in the car.

So , after trying the bullets for 20 miles. i sold them at a big loss and ordered a set of Billt Boat PRT s.
they are spot on nice as described above. not much of a drone and a great rumble.

I'm very happy with the PRTs

Last edited by Tj25; 04-23-2018 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:16 PM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,457 Likes on 759 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I have the PRTs and you hit it on the nose. They have a real nice street performance car sound but doesnt rattle your teeth. When you get into it, they really sound sweete.

Get notified of new replies

To BBE PRT Exhaust review

Quick Reply: BBE PRT Exhaust review