C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No sound - turn signals 2015 Stingray

Old 04-23-2018, 11:40 PM
AC1074
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound - turn signals 2015 Stingray

Greetings All,

I am a proud owner of a 2015 Stingray that came across a minor issue (hopefully) with my corvette. At times when I use my turn signal there is no sound but they are flashing and working. At times the door chimes sounds really distorted upon start up of the engine. One time I accidentally bumped my driver's side speaker and the turn signal sound came on. I am starting to think it might be a electrical issue but not sure.

Sooo, I started researching the issue and have encountered a few threads with owners that had the same issue, however, I never read any follow up posts that pin pointed what the main issue was and cost involved.

My factory warranty is up and I am the second owner of my corvette. Any help or input is appreciated. I just wanted to narrow down the issue and be specific before I go down to my local Chevy dealer and try to explain the issue to a service advisor that's more than likely not familiar with the inner workings of a corvette.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:52 AM
AC1074
Intermediate

/bump

Anyone?
Old 04-24-2018, 07:09 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

If I recall correctly, the BCM controls the turn signal. Not like the old days where there was a clicker / flasher. One thing I would try before taking it to a stealership to empty your wallet is to disconnect the battery, let it sit for 10 minutes, then reconnect and reindex your windows. Resetting the computers might help it. Also, if you have a weak battery, it can cause all kinds of weird computer issues.

A BCM has to be flashed and it is going to cost you!
The following users liked this post:
AC1074 (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 03:54 PM
AC1074
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Flame Red
If I recall correctly, the BCM controls the turn signal. Not like the old days where there was a clicker / flasher. One thing I would try before taking it to a stealership to empty your wallet is to disconnect the battery, let it sit for 10 minutes, then reconnect and reindex your windows. Resetting the computers might help it. Also, if you have a weak battery, it can cause all kinds of weird computer issues.

A BCM has to be flashed and it is going to cost you!
Darn, ok it’s a start. Will try it first thanks
Old 04-25-2018, 09:21 AM
ersatz928
Melting Slicks

Received 714 Likes on 457 Posts

The turn signal sound comes thru the stereo system, and plays thru one of the front speakers, I think the one in the center of the dash. Could be an issue with the speaker, or its wiring, the audio amp located under the rear cargo floor, or the BCM that tells the audio amp to emit the turn-signal sound.

Do all your stereo speakers work with music?
Old 04-25-2018, 10:54 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

After opening my door panel for a broken window glass, this happened. I just hit the door panel by the speaker a couple times and it cleared up and started working and never came back. Likely just a loose connection in the door panel.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 04-25-2018 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:21 PM
AC1074
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ersatz928
The turn signal sound comes thru the stereo system, and plays thru one of the front speakers, I think the one in the center of the dash. Could be an issue with the speaker, or its wiring, the audio amp located under the rear cargo floor, or the BCM that tells the audio amp to emit the turn-signal sound.

Do all your stereo speakers work with music?
Yes all speakers working with music. Just the turn signal and chimes are sometimes messed up
Old 05-13-2018, 12:25 AM
distinctz06
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

same problem on my new 18 z06. hitting the door panel just above the bottom door speaker will cause it to go in and out (or opening and closing the door, just need the right vibration). dealer removed door panel and re-seated connectors. seemed better at first but problem has returned.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:41 AM
AC1074
Intermediate

Originally Posted by distinctz06
same problem on my new 18 z06. hitting the door panel just above the bottom door speaker will cause it to go in and out (or opening and closing the door, just need the right vibration). dealer removed door panel and re-seated connectors. seemed better at first but problem has returned.

Ugh, on a 2018?!! Yea, I am just putting it off a little longer to take mine to the dealer. I tried the battery disconnect but still having the same issue.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:47 PM
jonparks
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm late to this thread. The sound from the blinkers, phone and I believe Nav come from the mid speaker on the driver's side. Check your connections. I found this out when I replaced my stock speakers.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:05 AM
TumblingPanda
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Happened to me today. While merging on to the freeway from an on-ramp, the blinkers sounded normal for a couple of clicks and then went silent (lights still working). After I reached home, I shut off the car and when I restarted everything was fine.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,188 Likes on 3,440 Posts

Just a delayed follow-up on this thread, since it's the only one I found where the respondents took the issue seriously. My '18 with 4100+ miles I've had for 18 months just today "lost" its blinker sound. I stopped, had coffee, but still no "clicks" on the way home. I found and read the posts here, hit under the door speaker and started the car... left blinker--nada; right blinker--click, click, click; left blinker--click, click, click!

Who knows about next time??? Btw, thanks for the suggestions.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:56 PM
tsmithnj
2nd Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

For me this happens after a heavy rain. Before you ask, it is under a carport :-). After a few hours it goes away.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:16 AM
Casey Clark
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

My ‘14 has always done this. There is some sort of connection between it and the screen I think. I messed with the chime volume and then reset to factory settings and it worked for a little while then stopped.

The saving grace is the heads up display will tell you if you leave your turn signal on for too long.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:46 AM
TurdHerder
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I’m in a ‘14 and same thing happens to mine. Sound comes from top speaker, when it acts up I tap the panel and it starts working again. When I got the car about 5 months ago I brought it back to the dealer and they said both speakers were blown and replaced them, but it’s still happening. I usually only have music on 4-5 volume too so definitely not abusing them
Old 07-16-2019, 03:52 PM
distinctz06
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

This is what fixed it for me & another member: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1597639870

Originally Posted by Coordpoint
Got my problem fixed at my dealership. I chatted with the tech when I took the car in, explaining the problem and he searched for a bulletin on this. The service bulletin is 18-NA-141. The tech wrote on the order, "Installed 13575580: SL-N-Wire (0895-BOPCK) 13575 Qty: 2." When I picked the car up, I also talked with him about the repair. The wiring replaced is a pigtail that connects to the main door wiring harness and runs up to the speaker in the left door.

Seems to have fixed the problem as it has not come back in the last few days. I'll add anything more in the future, if needed.
The following users liked this post:
Avanti (07-22-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To No sound - turn signals 2015 Stingray

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No sound - turn signals 2015 Stingray