Need suggestions re shipping chassis from US

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 11:02 AM
HiVoltge
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Need suggestions re shipping chassis from US

I'm having an SRiii chassis built for my 65 coupe restomod project and looking for shipping options. Are there bonded shipping firms that will provide door to door service, or do I ship to CBI type facility and pickup from there etc?
Old 04-27-2018, 11:22 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Send Tony & Nicole (Tony 69 LS6) a PM or find them on our HDR Facebook page. When they did their '62 restomod, they ordered their SRIII frame from the US and had it shipped up here as well.

Here's the thread from his build. Unfortunately, all the pictures have been taken down.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-a-vette.html
Old 04-27-2018, 05:16 PM
HiVoltge
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
Send Tony & Nicole (Tony 69 LS6) a PM or find them on our HDR Facebook page. When they did their '62 restomod, they ordered their SRIII frame from the US and had it shipped up here as well.

Here's Thea thread from his build. Unfortunately, all the pictures have been taken down.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-a-vette.html
Just sent pm
Old 05-04-2018, 07:24 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

SRIII huh? Sounds like quite a project. Hope you've had the chance to drive one or two or four before you go down that path. For years I've toyed with that notion with my '65 vert but in the end prefer the old car's character retained. There are some great choices out there!

Since you're wondering about shipping your new chassis, thought I'd share my recent experience (a few weeks ago.) You might consider getting it yourself and saving time, headache and likely quite a handful of cash.

What happened with us is back the end of February we got into a wreck with our '75 Silverado. Decided to replace the frame vs. straightening. Found an extremely clean, straight and rustfree donor from a new friend in Montana who graciously met us in Denver.

Borrowed a car hauler and took off for a week: 2 driving days there, 2 driving days back. Added 3 days worth of other stops for visits with friends, time, plus loaded with more parts and stuff from suppliers along the way. Great sometimes not to depend on shippers AND to have that opportunity to check out your stuff at point of origin. For example I discovered while at LMCTruck's pick up counter we were given a rear bumper when I'd ordered a new front. Bulky body panels were not an issue as everything came back carefully lashed to the trailer with more care they'd likely see from any shipper.

Returning home through customs was a super breeze. We had all our paperwork ready and were waived through.

Anyways... something to consider.
The following users liked this post:
HiVoltge (05-07-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 06:44 PM
HiVoltge
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Chassis has arrived and now the fun begins

Old 05-28-2018, 05:15 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Looks like you have a busy summer planned!

Get notified of new replies

To Need suggestions re shipping chassis from US

Quick Reply: Need suggestions re shipping chassis from US