C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 09:03 PM
Landonvans
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Speakers

Ok so I have searched and there are a bunch of threads about opgrading everything.

I already have a kenwood nav deck. Would it be stupid to just upgrade the 3 1/2’s and the 5 1/4’s. And leave the 8” subs in the doors. I don’t want to put a sub in the back.

I just want better sound.

Thanks for the assistance.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:30 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Post this question in Audio/Electronics Forum. They can help you out. Might also want to do a search in that forum.

Last edited by Vet Interested; 05-20-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:44 PM
Callaway DrDon
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 70 Posts

New speakers without a new amp to go with the Kenwood HU will leave you wanting more if you are looking for better sound. I just went through this with my install. I just posted a summary on the electronics Forum
Old 05-20-2018, 11:05 PM
DezVette
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

You do not have to put a sub in the back, but you may rethink that down the line after upgrading the doors and rear. If you have not upgraded the amp, that is something you will want/need to do as well because the factory amp is not going to provide the punch needed to make quality speakers worth doing the upgrade. The FAQ in the audio section has a link to purchase a door plate to use the door sub locations for aomponent speakers. This will allow you to put 6.5" components in the doors and 5.25" in the rear positions. But, like I said, you are going to crave more bass once you get started upgrading. For that, a rear sub is likely in your future.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:37 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by Landonvans
Ok so I have searched and there are a bunch of threads about opgrading everything.

I already have a kenwood nav deck. Would it be stupid to just upgrade the 3 1/2’s and the 5 1/4’s. And leave the 8” subs in the doors. I don’t want to put a sub in the back.

I just want better sound.

Thanks for the assistance.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-522-mm-s.html

Get notified of new replies

To Speakers

Quick Reply: Speakers