C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFM/DOD delete on big horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 05:58 PM
jake higdon!!!!
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default AFM/DOD delete on big horsepower

hello all. Trying to decide if I should go ahead and delete the afm/dod onmy base model . Current setup is sort of a “max effort” stock Long block car. Ysi with port injection and a 2.75 pulley it will only make around 17 psi ,I believe either due to valve float or stock Cam . I’m already pushing the limits of the stock lt1 at around 850 whp. But the power curve starts to fall off around 5800 rpm due to the issues above. Would it be worth it to just delete the dod and a heavier spring without doing a camshaft ? I hate the thoughts of doing Cam and dod delete without freshening the motor while I’m “that far in” especially since if I do a Cam swap and left the 2.75 it would probably not make it through the tuning process .
Old 05-21-2018, 06:35 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by jake higdon!!!!
hello all. Trying to decide if I should go ahead and delete the afm/dod onmy base model . Current setup is sort of a “max effort” stock Long block car. Ysi with port injection and a 2.75 pulley it will only make around 17 psi ,I believe either due to valve float or stock Cam . I’m already pushing the limits of the stock lt1 at around 850 whp. But the power curve starts to fall off around 5800 rpm due to the issues above. Would it be worth it to just delete the dod and a heavier spring without doing a camshaft ? I hate the thoughts of doing Cam and dod delete without freshening the motor while I’m “that far in” especially since if I do a Cam swap and left the 2.75 it would probably not make it through the tuning process .
Delete the DoD. Cams that keep DoD gain like 30hp. Cams that delete DoD gain to 80-100hp. With your current power level and as far as you have to go in to the motor, I would build the bottom end for sure..
Old 05-21-2018, 10:09 PM
0JUICED1
Former Vendor

Received 347 Likes on 286 Posts

Ditch the DOD for sure. I wouldn't trust those DOD lifters at those power levels. We have some solid deals on DOD deletes and cam packages if you just want to dive into that for now and run stock short block.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:37 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Delete the DoD. Cams that keep DoD gain like 30hp. Cams that delete DoD gain to 80-100hp. With your current power level and as far as you have to go in to the motor, I would build the bottom end for sure..
I cant believe that stock set up is holding up to that power lever & boost on those pistons.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:24 PM
JHEBERT
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 220 Posts

With that much boost, his timing is in the toilet, that’s why it’s still alive. Forge it and put some timing in it...and hang on
Old 06-14-2018, 07:57 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by JHEBERT
With that much boost, his timing is in the toilet, that’s why it’s still alive. Forge it and put some timing in it...and hang on
Couldn't agree more.
The following users liked this post:
JHEBERT (06-16-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 05:37 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by jake higdon!!!!
As others have said, rods/pistons are really needed to be safe at this level on the LT1, and doing the cam/DOD delete/springs/etc would only make sense for power, fueling, and overall reliability. If you have that much money wrapped up into a big blower, port injection, etc why not go ahead and build the engine the right way and not cut corners there? If you need help on any parts let me know. I have our cam kits and many other parts on sale right now that we can send out to you.

Get notified of new replies

To AFM/DOD delete on big horsepower

Quick Reply: AFM/DOD delete on big horsepower