A Call For Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 08:12 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default A Call For Help Please

Anyone that has ever broken a leg, a foot, or an ankle can relate to the difficulty of waiting for healing when there is much work to be done. Patience and sitting on my butt are not my strengths at all, so I thought maybe I would see if I could muster some assistance from my Corvette Forum friends. As we approach summer you will all be getting busy with summer activities and it may be impossible to muster some time to help but it is worth a try so here is my request.

Firstly, I am willing to pay for assistance on one or more of these items, not asking you to just dig in and do this for free. Be glad to pay for the help.

Secondly, I am flexible on dates for some of the items and I have the truck and trailers that can do the work, I just cannot drive until early August but I don't want to wait that long to get some of this important work accomplished.

I thought it might help to list the things I am looking to accomplish and see if anyone would have an interest in making a little money and have the time to assist.

Anyone that has ever broken a leg, a foot, or an ankle can relate to the difficulty of waiting for healing when there is much work to be done. Patience and sitting on my butt are not my strengths at all, so I thought maybe I would see if I could muster some assistance from my Corvette Forum friends. As we approach summer you will all be getting busy with summer activities and it may be impossible to muster some time to help but it is worth a try so here is my request.

Firstly, I am willing to pay for assistance on one or more of these items, not asking you to just dig in and do this for free. Be glad to pay for the help.

Secondly, I am flexible on dates for some of the items and I have the truck and trailers that can do the work, I just cannot drive until early August but I don't want to wait that long to get some of this important work accomplished.

I thought it might help to list the things I am looking to accomplish and see if anyone would have an interest in making a little money and have the time to assist.

1) Swapping cars. I have Gordon's 72 convertible sitting in my trailer now ready to take to his house from mine. Gordon lives about two hours from my home. I live in Easton, PA and Gordon lives in Voorhees, NJ. I need to hook my truck to my trailer, haul the car from Easton to Voorhees, unload his car from the trailer, load my 72 racer onto the trailer, haul my truck, trailer and 72 racer home. It can be accomplished in a single day, but four hours of the day will be driving down and back. If you cannot drive the truck and trailer down but can meet at Gordon's to assist with unload and loading that would be helpful as well. Lunch, gas money and more on me for this one. I am available for this one a weekend if this works best for you starting in June. Monday June 11, scheduled.

2) Once #1 is accomplished I need to move the 72 racer from the trailer to my garage. I have a winch on my lift and can easily pull the car up onto the lift once it is off the trailer. This project involves moving two 77's out of my garage and moving one 72 racer onto the lift. Once the 72 is on the lift I can put one of the 77's under the 72 racer and one of the 77's in the center bay of my garage. Lunch on me, gas money and more on this project. I am available any time after #1 is accomplished to complete this one. Tuesday, June 12 scheduled.

3) Once #1 and #2 are completed then I have a third project I would like to accomplish which is moving a 77 body sitting on a 78 rolling chassis on to my trailer and helping to deliver it to Scranton, PA from my home in Easton, PA. Body has been sold. All equipment is here at my home and I can help, I just cannot drive. It takes about an hour to drive from my home to Scranton each way, plus we will off load the body in Scranton by rolling off my trailer, moving the body, rolling my empty chassis back on the trailer and driving home. Lunch on me, gas money, and more if you have the time to assist. I have an open trailer in addition to my enclosed trailer so this one could be done just about any time as well. New owner would like to have the car by June 10th if possible.
77 body on 78 chassis now loaded on my open trailer. Delivery will take place week of June 18.

#4 is independent of the other three. I have items in storage (about twenty items) that I need to move into my small (8' X 6') enclosed trailer. I have the trailer and truck here, just need to pick up my truck, drive it and me to storage, attach the small trailer, move it to my storage unit (100') and load the items onto the trailer. Once loaded I can sweep out the storage unit and give it back to the storage company and quit paying for empty space. We will then put the trailer back on the pad (at storage) where we got it and drive back home.
This project will take about an hour and a half to accomplish and I would gladly pay you gas money to come, for your time, and lunch if you have time to drive me locally to eat. This one can take place as early as Wednesday or Thursday, May 30 or 31; or Saturday or Sunday, June 2 or 3. I have Dr. appointment on June 1 so I cannot do it on that day. I would like to have this completed by June 3 if possible.
ITEM FOUR IS NOW COMPLETED. THANK YOU TOYLMAN FOR HELPING ME GET THIS ONE DONE.

That is my wish list. I know I am asking a lot and I sincerely appreciate any and or all help you might be able to provide.

Thank you and best regards,

David Howard
AllVettes4Me

Last edited by AllC34Me; 06-09-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:35 AM
62corvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 663 Likes on 472 Posts

David,
If I didn’t live 900 miles away, I would vounteer to help a day without pay because of your generous spirit.
The following users liked this post:
AllC34Me (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 08:51 AM
BEJ
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

David,

I can help you out. Let me check with the wife on schedules but I'm pretty sure that I could get up there on June 9. Stay tuned and I'll get back to you.

Bryan
AllC34Me (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 08:52 AM
SPCL FX
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 194 Posts

The only thing stopping me from helping you is the fact that I'm in Florida and you in Pennsylvania!

I'm not sure if they do this in Pennsylvania or not but while my son was here he was involved in a program with U-Haul where he would get phone calls from people that needed help to load and unload trailers and trucks when they were moving from one place to another !

Just thought you could look in to this as a backup plan ?

Hope all works out well !

Also getting what you ask for works in a positive way too ! I'll explain more soon in my next post on my thread !

Take care and hoping you heal quickly !
AllC34Me (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 11:04 AM
BEJ
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BEJ
David,

I can help you out. Let me check with the wife on schedules but I'm pretty sure that I could get up there on June 9. Stay tuned and I'll get back to you.

Bryan
David,

I can definitely be there on June 9. I figure that we can definitely get 1 and 2 knocked out, maybe even 3, but that may be overly optimistic. We can work out details and timing etc later.

Bryan
AllC34Me (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 11:34 AM
derekderek
Race Director

Received 3,387 Likes on 2,632 Posts

You cant fit a free 73 body on the trailer with the 72 racer? I am mebbe a half hour from Gordon in Voorhees. Derek.
AllC34Me (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 12:05 PM
20mercury
Melting Slicks

Received 568 Likes on 445 Posts

Default Ditto here.

Originally Posted by 62corvette
David,
If I didn’t live 900 miles away, I would vounteer to help a day without pay because of your generous spirit.
Ditto here, sorry as I live too far too in Louisiana.

All this actually sounds like fun to me!

Thought for you, you might contact your local Corvette club and offer a sponsorship or two for their next Corvette show for $50 or $100 per if they could help you out of a jam. Shows usually have a charity so it could be a good thing all around.

Hope you get better soon and I am sure your Dr. already told you if you do not follow orders, well, takes longer, but you do not need me to tell you this, oh well, good luck!
AllC34Me (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 03:10 PM
DB Cooper
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds fun, if you were in Easton twp, MI instead of Easton PA, I'd be game. Good luck, and hope your bum wheel is on the mend!
AllC34Me (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 03:55 PM
VirginiaVette78
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

David,

I'd be willing to drive up from Virginia Beach if nobody else is able to help. I can drive up my little Toyota Matrix which gets 36 MPH on the highway Might make a fun weekend up there if I tote my wife along too.

Let me know!! I am out the end of June 23 - July 5th for the Great Race, though.

Best,

Brandon
AllC34Me (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 04:51 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 741 Likes on 518 Posts

Where is Easton? I'm in Northern Virginia.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:08 PM
pauls71stingray
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

David, Is the storage unit the one that you showed me? If that's it I can help you after work whenever you want. No payment required, I figure that I owe you plenty of favors. Just let me know.

Paul
AllC34Me (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 05:16 PM
BEJ
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by theandies
Where is Easton? I'm in Northern Virginia.
North of Philadelphia, probably 40ish miles. Just east of Allentown.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:38 PM
theandies
Team Owner

Received 741 Likes on 518 Posts

My father-in-law has a lake house in Jim Thorpe. We usually go up there in the summer at some point. If we make it up there I'd love to come over for a day and help with anything you need done. I'll keep you posted and IM you if we get up there this summer.
AllC34Me (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 08:08 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

I am willing to get my car and do the trips but it is 8 hours of just driving. Loading and unloading is the time consumer also. My time has gone from having some to having zero. There in lies the problem of swapping the cars and not getting further on David’s racer. I’m about 90percent to firing it up and moving under its own power with the fuel injection working. Just have to many other commitments and projects. Still trying to work in a day to do this. I really appreciate all the responses. I’m not in a huge rush to swap the cars out. Most of my weekends I am gone with the family so I was trying to work in some scheduling where I can be working in David’s area and drive to my house in the afternoon swap cars and drive it back up the next day. Still trying. We will get it done. I know David is frustrated about his foot as I would be also but we will work it out. Summer is just a bad time for car work for me.
AllC34Me (05-23-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 08:33 PM
nix1981
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 68 Posts

David,
I'll be up to you the 30th of this month. Need to take a frame back down but I can certainly spend some time to help out while I'm there.

Let me know.

Nick
AllC34Me (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 06:36 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Thank you all for your responses, I appreciate it, I really do. I have my Dr. appointment and X-Rays on the 1st to determine if I have had good knitting or not on the foot and if I have behaved as I was supposed to for getting the initial set taking place. I have, in the past, healed pretty quickly, so I am hopeful that I may be well on my way to getting back in to shape and back onto the cars.

I will reply to each of the offers above shortly and I thank you again for your help.

Best regards,

David
Old 05-23-2018, 06:42 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by nix1981
David,
I'll be up to you the 30th of this month. Need to take a frame back down but I can certainly spend some time to help out while I'm there.

Let me know.

Nick
Thank you Nick. We will put the 72 frame into my storage unit when you come up on the 30th and have it out of the elements and ready for me when I am ready to begin on it. There are a few items in the way in that storage unit but I think we can shuffle those around in about 15 minutes and then be able to get the frame in that location.
I won't hold you up long, you will have a pick up and drive back home to accomplish so we won't take long to get you unloaded and back on your way to Virginia. I'll have my furniture dollies ready to go.
See you on the 30th and thank you sir.
David

Get notified of new replies

To A Call For Help Please

Old 05-23-2018, 06:53 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Gordonm
I am willing to get my car and do the trips but it is 8 hours of just driving. Loading and unloading is the time consumer also. My time has gone from having some to having zero. There in lies the problem of swapping the cars and not getting further on David’s racer. I’m about 90percent to firing it up and moving under its own power with the fuel injection working. Just have to many other commitments and projects. Still trying to work in a day to do this. I really appreciate all the responses. I’m not in a huge rush to swap the cars out. Most of my weekends I am gone with the family so I was trying to work in some scheduling where I can be working in David’s area and drive to my house in the afternoon swap cars and drive it back up the next day. Still trying. We will get it done. I know David is frustrated about his foot as I would be also but we will work it out. Summer is just a bad time for car work for me.
I will coordinate and try to get the swap to be on a week day when you can be available Gordon. I know the weekends are bad for you for the summer and I don't want to cause you any issues with the cars being swapped. I appreciate you getting my racer to the 90% level and I am anxious to get on the racer myself and get the final 10% completed. I have your car on my trailer now so it just has to be hooked up to my truck and driven down to your home, swap the two 72's; and bring my racer home.

I'll get it coordinated soon. I will check on your schedule and see when it might make sense to you for the swap.

Thank you.

David
Old 05-23-2018, 06:58 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by BEJ
David,

Bryan
June 9th will be my target date for moving the 77 body out from my garage and onto my trailer for transport to Scranton. June 10th will most likely be the day it is transported and delivered. So that will be my plans moving forward for now. Item #3 June 9 & 10.

Item #4 will be accomplished on Wednesday, May 30th.

I am looking at dates now for accomplishing item #1.

Item #2 will be accomplished after #1 and #3 are out of the way.

Thank you all for your help.

David
Old 05-23-2018, 07:03 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by pauls71stingray
David, Is the storage unit the one that you showed me? If that's it I can help you after work whenever you want. No payment required, I figure that I owe you plenty of favors. Just let me know.

Paul
Thank you Paul, I appreciate the help. Not sure which days you might be available but if you have any time the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd I would be glad to have you help me move items from storage to my small trailer. That will allow me to free up one of the storage garages which would help me out a lot. Appreciate the offer sir.
David

Quick Reply: A Call For Help Please