C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

May 21, 2018 Autoweek

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 03:22 PM
GrapemanZR1
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 55 Posts
Default May 21, 2018 Autoweek

I just got the latest issue of Autoweek in the mail, and a beautiful orange ZR1 graces the cover. Sorry, but I tried to find the article on their website so that I could provide everyone with a link. It's not up yet. Definitely a fun read, if you see a copy. Their review of the car on track is very flattering, equating the car to a time machine that breaks the laws of physics. They conclude the article with:

"When you look at the ZR1's capability, just like with the basic Stingray, it's a performance bargain. Maybe the best in the world. Are there faster cars? Sure. Quicker ones? A few. Are there any cars that can touch it at this price, in all situations? Absolutely not. Besides, it's not even a car. It's a time machine. Thankfully, the future is now."

It just makes me even less patient, as I await mine!

Last edited by GrapemanZR1; 05-22-2018 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-22-2018, 04:12 PM
Yatagon41
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

I also drive a time machine, a 2019 GS.
I can't wait until the 2018 Indy 500 where a 2019 ZR1 is the official pace car. Explain that to the general population��
Old 05-23-2018, 08:55 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,766 Likes on 969 Posts

Yea mine came Monday, it's tough to keep looking at the same car you have on order, but the new toys are keeping me busy until it shows up.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:55 PM
GrapemanZR1
Instructor

Originally Posted by hcvone
Yea mine came Monday, it's tough to keep looking at the same car you have on order, but the new toys are keeping me busy until it shows up.
What new toys? I'm with you. Mine arrives in July, and that seems like an eternity. I especially hate it when I read about one flying around a track on which I've raced. I want to be in there!

And for me, it's gonna be quite a new experience. I've never had a Corvette. Heck...I've never even test driven one. I just read about this car and well, had to have it. Boys and their toys, boys and their toys. You'd think I've have learned better at 60 years old....
Old 05-23-2018, 05:08 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GrapemanZR1
What new toys? I'm with you. Mine arrives in July, and that seems like an eternity. I especially hate it when I read about one flying around a track on which I've raced. I want to be in there!

And for me, it's gonna be quite a new experience. I've never had a Corvette. Heck...I've never even test driven one. I just read about this car and well, had to have it. Boys and their toys, boys and their toys. You'd think I've have learned better at 60 years old....
I have not learned better at 59 plus, the hellcat and Z06 needed something from overseas to play with. Your first Corvette, you picked a good one, we are waiting for number 13 and 14, coupe and convertible, of course the wife now wants one like my white one, so we may only make it to 13, lucky 13

Old 05-23-2018, 05:14 PM
GrapemanZR1
Instructor

Originally Posted by hcvone
I have not learned better at 59 plus, the hellcat and Z06 needed something from overseas to play with. Your first Corvette, you picked a good one, we are waiting for number 13 and 14, coupe and convertible, of course the wife now wants one like my white one, so we may only make it to 13, lucky 13

Ha! Now I don't feel so bad. In fact, I feel downright thrifty! Glad I met you (in cyberspace, anyway). That's a beautiful car. Twin turbo? I've had a couple of Porsche turbos, starting with a 1985 whale tail (the rear engine car that wants to be a front engine car on the track!). I also had a blistering fast Ruf TT. Both were fun as hell. So you are gonna get two new ZR1s, one coupe, one convertible? Did I read that correctly?
Old 05-24-2018, 06:06 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GrapemanZR1
Ha! Now I don't feel so bad. In fact, I feel downright thrifty! Glad I met you (in cyberspace, anyway). That's a beautiful car. Twin turbo? I've had a couple of Porsche turbos, starting with a 1985 whale tail (the rear engine car that wants to be a front engine car on the track!). I also had a blistering fast Ruf TT. Both were fun as hell. So you are gonna get two new ZR1s, one coupe, one convertible? Did I read that correctly?
Yea wife has to have one too. I had an 86' and a 96' turbo and twin turbo Porsche before this one.

Get notified of new replies

To May 21, 2018 Autoweek

Quick Reply: May 21, 2018 Autoweek