C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power top won't go up on 2005

Old 05-23-2018, 12:07 AM
94Green
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 52 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
Default Power top won't go up on 2005

Car has 15,000 miles and is like new, however the power top tonight will not go up. It gets almost up, then want to cycle back down. I tried helping it when it gets to the last leg, but it just wants to go back down. Can anybody shed some light on this? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:54 AM
h8snow
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by 94Green
Car has 15,000 miles and is like new, however the power top tonight will not go up. It gets almost up, then want to cycle back down. I tried helping it when it gets to the last leg, but it just wants to go back down. Can anybody shed some light on this? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Might check the micro switch passenger side just under trim piece by seat belt. Shine a flash light to see it kind if down deep hard to see. On my 06 had same problem as you describe found that this small switch with had little spring arm that had came loose. When the top started to go up one of the bows trips this switch to complete the cycle. I just added a little patch of adhesive backed velcro to the part that contacts the switch to trip it works perfect. Be careful and don't try pull on the top with out releasing the pressure on the pump. Read the owners manual on how to do this. In my opinion the tops are very high quality and with care will last for years and years. Hope this helps.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:24 AM
94Green
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 52 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by h8snow
Might check the micro switch passenger side just under trim piece by seat belt. Shine a flash light to see it kind if down deep hard to see. On my 06 had same problem as you describe found that this small switch with had little spring arm that had came loose. When the top started to go up one of the bows trips this switch to complete the cycle. I just added a little patch of adhesive backed velcro to the part that contacts the switch to trip it works perfect. Be careful and don't try pull on the top with out releasing the pressure on the pump. Read the owners manual on how to do this. In my opinion the tops are very high quality and with care will last for years and years. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I couldn't find the manual at first, but now I've read it. I will try your tip tomorrow.

Get notified of new replies

To Power top won't go up on 2005

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power top won't go up on 2005