Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

What's all required to remove pull timing cover?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 06:43 AM
Jjagg0125
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Default What's all required to remove pull timing cover?

I have to remove my HB and Timing cover to replace the cover gasket. Does the radiator and accessories on the front of the engine need to come out or can I just slide the steering rack over? Anyhow know if a good how to for this?
Old 05-23-2018, 07:05 AM
redbird555
Drifting

Received 99 Likes on 90 Posts

Radiator can stay, you’ll need to move the PS cooler out of the way and the water pump then slide the rack out through the passenger side but it does not need to come all the way out. I’d recommend going with an ATI UD balancer as well while you’re there. Free hp

Last edited by redbird555; 05-23-2018 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:51 AM
Jjagg0125
Pro

Originally Posted by redbird555
Radiator can stay, you’ll need to move the PS cooler out of the way and the water pump then slide the rack out through the passenger side but it does not need to come all the way out. I’d recommend going with an ATI UD balancer as well while you’re there. Free hp
Good info, so i do have to pull the water pump, alternator and all that off the front of the engine then I guess..... I ordered the stock sized one. I was scarred after putting a UD one on my mustang. It made that car annoying.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:18 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 776 Likes on 505 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Jjagg0125
I have to remove my HB and Timing cover to replace the cover gasket. Does the radiator and accessories on the front of the engine need to come out or can I just slide the steering rack over? Anyhow know if a good how to for this?
If it's just the timing cover gasket that you're replacing, you don't need to remove the balancer or any of the power steering.

Once you unbolt the timing cover you should be able to move it away from the block enough to remove the gasket and slip the new one in.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:05 PM
Jjagg0125
Pro

Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans
If it's just the timing cover gasket that you're replacing, you don't need to remove the balancer or any of the power steering.

Once you unbolt the timing cover you should be able to move it away from the block enough to remove the gasket and slip the new one in.
Wow I never thought you could just replace the TC gasket. Unfortunately it's leaking because I didn't have it perfectly lined up with the balancer so I think it's leaking out of the crank seal on the timing cover
Old 05-23-2018, 08:52 PM
Smdusaf
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be careful of the oil cooler and lines. It’s $500 part and supper week so don’t put weight on the line or it will pull the cooler. I found out the hard way

Get notified of new replies

To What's all required to remove pull timing cover?

Quick Reply: What's all required to remove pull timing cover?