C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With Magnetic Ride update do you lose your engine tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 09:36 AM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default With Magnetic Ride update do you lose your engine tune?

I was scheduled to get the Magnetic Ride update to my car today, the dealership said I would lose my aftermarket tune when they flashed the car for the Magnetic Ride. Isn't that a completely different module than the engine computer?

They also said they wouldn't do the flash unless I left the car for 8 hours.

I think their wrong, but I didn't want to risk losing my cam tune on my car.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:53 AM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

No, the suspension tune has nothing to do with the engine. Completely separate module.

The only way they'll be doing anything to your PCM is if they deliberately chose to do so.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:33 PM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff V.
No, the suspension tune has nothing to do with the engine. Completely separate module.

The only way they'll be doing anything to your PCM is if they deliberately chose to do so.
I just hate the ignorance of Chevrolet Technicians....they didn't even know there was an upgrade to the Magnetic Ride suspension at either dealership near me, and I am in the DFW area.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:49 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,714 Likes on 2,921 Posts

No issues with my tune; got the suspension flash done @ Huffines in Lewisville. $350 and my service advisor knew exactly what I was talking about.

Last edited by Kracka; 05-24-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:02 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by leadville1
I just hate the ignorance of Chevrolet Technicians....they didn't even know there was an upgrade to the Magnetic Ride suspension at either dealership near me, and I am in the DFW area.
With all the stuff GM has going on, I don't blame the dealers for not knowing every little thing. Especially about a niche model like the Corvette. I do however blame them for being unable or unwilling to find out how to do it correctly when asked. If it's too much of a bother for them they should just tell you they're not interested in working on your car. I'd appreciate the honesty a lot more than the bullshit and screwups.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:51 PM
DomLS3
Pro

Received 186 Likes on 116 Posts

I called 4 different dealerships before finding one that knew what the update was.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:06 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,216 Likes on 3,459 Posts

All this assumes (and, we all know about THAT) the Shivvy people will do the upgrade correctly! Well, it could happen! Best of luck and can you back-up your engine tune???
Old 05-27-2018, 10:09 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by leadville1
I can believe that so much call around dont let anyone do warr work on your car unless they are a corvette cerif dealer on the vette.

The dealership has to pay 25,k are some crazy cost to have a guy to go be trained on the vette. I would say here 9 out of 10 does not do that at all. They just call KY get someone one that does know on the phone.

Are worse just tell JACK the mech to go do what ever & that does nothing at all or more harm then good. Ask me how I know that one. Robert

Get notified of new replies

To With Magnetic Ride update do you lose your engine tune?

Quick Reply: With Magnetic Ride update do you lose your engine tune?