Sponsored by:

t-top

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 12:27 PM
jack mac
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default t-top

hey guy's..is there a ..decent guide for adjusting the..t-top's on a 77...thanx...

Last edited by jack mac; 05-25-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:39 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

They are pretty much self explanatory if you ask me.

Not knowing what it wrong with yours... It is hard to tell you what you need to do.

Maybe someone can post something.

Photos of your 'problem' would be great.

DUB
Old 05-25-2018, 09:54 PM
jack mac
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DUB
They are pretty much self explanatory if you ask me.

Not knowing what it wrong with yours... It is hard to tell you what you need to do.

Maybe someone can post something.

Photos of your 'problem' would be great.

DUB
....finishing this ..year long restore..77 late..the t-tops turned out to be 76's..some fool messed with the shim's ..etc trying to get ..worn out seals to..not leak..and failed..now everything is..out a ..wack...trying to find some..instructions/procedures for..adjusting...like I said...thanx...
Attached Images       
Old 05-26-2018, 09:42 AM
DUB
Race Director

Look INSIDE the two receivers that are bolted to your center bar that your T-top initially engages into when you put them on. There should be plastic bushing in them. IF they are missing..then your T-top will NOT get centered properly and you will not be ale to adjust it with much success.

IF they are there..then you loosen the TWO chrome guide plates that get inserted into these receivers. Then you loosen up the GUIDE PIN that locks into the corner of your windshield molding which NEEDS to have a plastic bushing in in it also.

When these pieces have ben loosened...you can move the top where you want it and begin to snug them down so the top holds it position.

This MAY require the T-top liner to be removed which is an entirely different PARTY due to how GM bonded the Velcro attachments to it.

DUB
The following users liked this post:
jack mac (05-26-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 09:06 PM
kdf1986
Safety Car

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

The last photo of the back of the t top does not look right. It appears to have a threaded section there. I think the 77 tops still had two latches, front and back, but I am not positive. If that is the case then one of the tops has been modified and what looks like a threaded screw is not correct. That may be pushing the driver side T Top too far forward.

kdf
Old 05-30-2018, 09:34 AM
DUB
Race Director

The triangle head bolt IS correct for the 1977 T-top. So those exposed threads are correct...but that triangle headed bolt may need to be threaded in some more during the adjustments to allow this gap to close up some.

On the back of the T-top there is a provision that is screwed to the T-top that allows this triangle headed bolt to slide into it in a specific manner.

1978 is the first year for a one latch design...as best my memory serves me.

DUB
Old 05-30-2018, 03:31 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by DUB
...1978 is the first year for a one latch design...as best my memory serves me...
Your memory serves you well

Get notified of new replies

To t-top

Quick Reply: t-top