Wiper Door Opens at Start

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 11:44 AM
Phillyboybolton
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wiper Door Opens at Start

Hello All,

You were a big help on my last issue, so I'm hoping I have the same luck this time. Here are the details (1970 L46):

I recently replace the headlight and and wiper actuator relays along with many of the vacuum hoses. The headlights operated previously but were often very slow. Never drive the car in the rain so never worried about the wipers. Everything was working great and the headlights work better than ever. However, recently when starting the car, the headlights and wiper door all opened at start of car and then the headlight doors went down but wiper door stayed up. Now, every time I start the car the wiper door rises and can only be pushed down once the car is shut off. Headlights work perfectly.

I checked the safety relay under right side wiper and it was bad, so it was replaced but still having same issue even after replacement. Check valve and filter are both fairly new and operate properly on vacuum check. Safety under dash is pushed up and seems to be operating properly (when car is running and plunger is pulled down you can hear air releasing). Is this a solenoid located behind the tach issue? Something else? Seems to be a lot of blog posts out there, all with different issues, but can't find one with my particular issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:29 PM
Phillyboybolton
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nevermind. Found the leak at the valve under the dash. Problem solved.

Quick Reply: Wiper Door Opens at Start