C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

BORLA 11875 ATAK with Borla X-Pipe (no secondaries) installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 09:14 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default BORLA 11875 ATAK with Borla X-Pipe (no secondaries) installed

Install went off without a hitch I already had the x-pipe installed a couple months ago. The nice thing is I didn't have to remove the tunnel stiffening brace to the new over axle system on (made this much faster). I removed the rear fascia, unbolted the stock exhaust, and was able to easily work it out with just jack stands. The new one being two pieces was even easier to get in. The borla diffuser was a bit more difficult still not 100% sure it's aligned the way I want but it's pretty close. Overall the fit and finish was spot on. Very nice exhaust. I would say the tone is a deeper tone, with more popping (how I describe it) on shifts (M7). Definitely worth it for the look and sound. Now the hard part fitting a F1A procharger and port injection fuel system .

Old 05-27-2018, 09:53 AM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

The only thing that really makes me want to swap my exhaust is more overrev popping. Love that on the decel.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:07 AM
gavinvr4
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Couple questions for ya C5-VERT, what are the main reasons you went with Borla ATAK System instead of Corsa Extreme? it is because you can still have NPP options? I currently have Borla x-pipe and I'am debating if I should get Corsa from Axel back combo/ borla x-pipe, or full Corsa exhaust system from x-pipe to exhaust.
Lastly, what is the price for Borla ATAK.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2018, 10:23 AM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 588 Likes on 519 Posts

I actually really like that diffuser!!

-Josh
Old 05-27-2018, 10:24 AM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by gavinvr4
Couple questions for ya C5-VERT, what are the main reasons you went with Borla ATAK System instead of Corsa Extreme? it is because you can still have NPP options? I currently have Borla x-pipe and I'am debating if I should get Corsa from Axel back combo/ borla x-pipe, or full Corsa exhaust system from x-pipe to exhaust.

Thanks

Corsa is higher pitched and doesn't have NPP. Borla is deeper and most retain the NPP..

Contact us for pricing!

-Josh
Old 05-27-2018, 01:05 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Thanks
Very easy to answer. Chose Borla b/c I wanted to try their diffuser. I could have fabbed up some brackets and welded them to the stock exhaust but I have so much work coming with the procharger and fuel system I chose to just take the easy route spend some $$ and get the Borla system which has mounting points for the diffuser. That diffuser has to sit at the right angle it was a bit more to it than I thought. It's still growing on me I usually like a "clean" style, so this is a bit out of my norm. But so far I think I like it, especially in person.

As for sound, would I spent the $2k just for that compared to stock? NO.

For looks, possibly. So it was more a choice of making the rear look a bit nicer and different than stock. There are quite a few Z's running around town so I want mine to look more personalized.

I have owned B&B and Corsa. Corsa definitely sounds more "race" to me. Borla is more throaty or low. But I believe they both enhance the "popping" which honestly I love. So I absolutely don't regret it and would do it again all day. The workmanship is great all stainless steel and the tips are super nice!

Glad to answer any questions!
Old 05-27-2018, 01:05 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by MerakiAutoworks

-Josh
THANK YOU Josh!
Old 05-27-2018, 01:14 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by MerakiAutoworks

-Josh
So it bolts to the exhaust and rides next to the factory rear diffuser area? That is very unique for sure. I would be afraid it would vibrate.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:17 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
So it bolts to the exhaust and rides next to the factory rear diffuser area? That is very unique for sure. I would be afraid it would vibrate.
Yes it mounts to the exhaust. No doubt that is to make you buy the exhaust, hell it pushed me that way. I didn't notice any major vibration the key is aligning up the exhaust well. I took my time total install was 3 hours including pulling my bumper and old exhaust out. It was much easier than I thought. The diffuser took an hour alone simply b/c I wanted to play with adjustment (it allows quite a bit of adjustment). It sits about 1.5" or so below the rear fascia. Honestly, the design looks more efficient than the drill on pieces to the fascia I have seen. No question this smooths air much better than some fins mounted. My opinion of course. Anyone who has seen these cars from behind driving in rain or wet roads knows the amount of turbulent air from the rear + the 335's not helping. I did it more for looks...saw it, liked it, bought it. It's not cheap mostly b/c it's a large piece of solid aluminum welded (not bolted) together in layers.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:48 PM
gavinvr4
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

btw I love the license plate but why not put "Z OHH 6" instead.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:20 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

btw I love the license plate but why not put "Z OHH 6" instead.
Little too obvious for my liking, plus it's a Z07, which only vette guys would mostly understand.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Synacks
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey man. I have the Borla xpipe right now and looking into NPP axleback options. My biggest issue with the factory exhaust (even with the borla xpipe) is that I can barely even hear the exhaust in low RPM and light throttle situations. Does this exhaust solve that?
Old 07-06-2018, 04:12 AM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

^^ 100%..

-Josh

Get notified of new replies

To BORLA 11875 ATAK with Borla X-Pipe (no secondaries) installed

Quick Reply: BORLA 11875 ATAK with Borla X-Pipe (no secondaries) installed