C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Aftermarket wheels questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 06:29 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Default Aftermarket wheels questions

So as to not degrade the handling/corning ability of my car, what tests, or verification exist to confirm an aftermarket wheel will not have more flex or less rigidity than a factory wheel?

Is there some sort of standard used?

How do you tell which wheels will not degrade the performance if no tests or standards exist? I see all sorts of different wheel designs, I am sure not all of them have equal rigidity.

Is weight of the aftermarket wheels taken into consideration? In other words, are they generally the same weight or lighter than factory wheels? Or is it just compare every wheel to each other?

Can I just call a wheel manufacturer (who makes these for the Z and advertises here), and tell them what i want it for and all the backspace etc, will be the same as stock, or will I have to specify that info??

I am looking for something a bit easier to clean than the factory standard 2016 wheels, but less cluttered, may not be as rigid.

Thanks,
Doug
The following users liked this post:
thewb (06-21-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 06:39 PM
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 225 Posts

Our Signature Wheels are JWL and VIA standard tested (one of the toughest testing for wheels in the automotive industry)

Countless of Corvette customers in the past two years included heavy tracking without any issues. Even Ford Performance Racing School ordered 5 sets from us recently and building relationships for supplying any of their classes with forged wheels, some classss run stock wheels only.

Khoa

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...le-thread.html
Old 06-19-2018, 09:41 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Signature +1, no question beautiful wheel designs so you don’t blend with other Z’s and their one piece wheels are extremely light and fit the CCBs. Khoa is extremely helpful and guided me through color and design options. Wheels were completed exactly 4 weeks which was promised. I like the fact you can design inner and outer plus bolt colors to make them truly one off wheels or close to it.

Here are mine:

Last edited by C5-VERT; 06-21-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:24 PM
fasthwks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

Signature Forged as well, multiple sets from Khoa and could not be more pleased!
Old 06-20-2018, 06:33 AM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Received 730 Likes on 596 Posts

We have stood behind Forgeline racing wheels for years and have thousands of satisfied customers. Not only are they made in the USA and load and a 3 yr track warranty they are tested to the most stringent specs around and Ill put them against anyone.

Please feel free to reach out to us by phone at 440-915-6166 as well as do a search on the forum for us. We own 3 racing vettes and use nothing but forgeline track and load rated wheels.

Not all wheels are created equal and if we can help let us know!!

As for fitment we have every vette fitment you can ask for from 18/18 18/19, 19/19 19/20,20/20 and 20/21, all we need is model and what brakes you have with over 12 years as worlds largest #1 Vette aftermarket vendor we have all the information in our vast database and we can do just about any vehicle and we stand behind our products 100%.

#1 Forged Wheel Master Distributor for Corvettes Worldwide since 2010
Call/Text 440-915-6166

Forgeline*Anrky*HRE*PUR*Brixton*Vorstein er*Akra*Brembo*IPE and Many More....

REVIEWS: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/whee...r-reviews.html

EMAIL: sales@cw4L.com
PHONE 440-915-6166 CALL OR TEXT ANYTIME!!!

Follow us on Instagram @custom_wheels_for_less

Last edited by CW4L; 06-20-2018 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:57 AM
Taz Golf
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CW4L
We have stood behind Forgeline racing wheels for years and have thousands of satisfied customers. Not only are they made in the USA and load and a 3 yr track warranty they are tested to the most stringent specs around and Ill put them against anyone.

Please feel free to reach out to us by phone at 440-915-6166 as well as do a search on the forum for us. We own 3 racing vettes and use nothing but forgeline track and load rated wheels.

As for fitment we have every vette fitment you can ask for from 18/18 18/19, 19/19 19/20,20/20 and 20/21, all we need is model and what brakes you have with over 12 years as worlds largest #1 Vette aftermarket vendor we have all the information in our vast database and we can do just about any vehicle and we stand behind our products 100%.
Gerry did a great job fitting me with 2 sets of Forgeline wheels !! A track set of 19"Forgelines with Hoosiers and a set of Forgeline Carbon Fiber wheels with Cups for the street !
CW4L (06-24-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 08:20 AM
Forgeline Support
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 25 years

Forgelines are 100% American made and in business for almost 25 years. We supply the top professional teams with wheels for one reason. They trust us. We have a published and documented load rating.. Any wheel brand that does not either has not tested it or does not know it... If you have any questions about wheels please let me know... Gerry is a very good partner of ours.
CW4L (06-24-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 04:19 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

I’ll add my opinion to the thread... I’ve had 3 sets of Forgelines and each and every set fit my cars perfectly, well balanced, strong, and the finish I desired was correct. I had a set on my 800whp C7 Corvette, a high hp Porsche TTS, and I have 3 sets of wheels for my Mclaren that I also race and guess which set are my race wheels? Forgelines.

I have HRE’s, Forgelines and the factory set, but my track wheels are and have always been the Forgelines because if you look around at race teams and all that use them, there’s a reason for that... if you decide you want to go with them, pm me and I’ll give you a great contact for getting a set custom made for your car. Best of luck with your decision.
Forgeline Support (06-20-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 06:03 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Forgeline's on my Z06, ZR1 and Turbo S, they fit, look great and their strength makes me sleep well at night, and I get to deal with Gerry, who has been nothing short of fantastic to deal with, my new BUDDY
The following 2 users liked this post by hcvone:
CW4L (06-24-2018), Forgeline Support (06-21-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 08:53 PM
lgsdds
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

My vote for Forgeline and Gerry as well.
CW4L (06-24-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 03:44 PM
thewb
Supporting Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDoug
So as to not degrade the handling/corning ability of my car, what tests, or verification exist to confirm an aftermarket wheel will not have more flex or less rigidity than a factory wheel?
Is there some sort of standard used?
How do you tell which wheels will not degrade the performance if no tests or standards exist? I see all sorts of different wheel designs, I am sure not all of them have equal rigidity.
Is weight of the aftermarket wheels taken into consideration? In other words, are they generally the same weight or lighter than factory wheels? Or is it just compare every wheel to each other?
Can I just call a wheel manufacturer (who makes these for the Z and advertises here), and tell them what i want it for and all the backspace etc, will be the same as stock, or will I have to specify that info??
I am looking for something a bit easier to clean than the factory standard 2016 wheels, but less cluttered, may not be as rigid.

Thanks,
Doug
Hey Doug,

As the largest dealer in the world for custom forged wheels I'll be able to answer some of the questions you have.

Basically the only way to tell which aftermarket wheels will improve or take away some of the performance of your car is to research it. Here on the forums is probably the best place to start as you can lean on vendors like myself as well as users here who have first hand experience with the product. In regards to the top quality wheel manufacturers in the industry brands like HRE, Forgeline, & BBS will always be at or near the top and battle one another for supremacy. BBS unfortunately does not manufacture any wheels for the 'Vette at this time so it narrows things down a bit.

In general, quality aftermarket wheels weigh the same or less than their OEM counterparts. Manufacturers like HRE and Forgeline custom build their wheels to whatever specs you require. You can order a wheel to share the same wheels specs as OEM or go more aggressive for a wider stance which would not only improve the looks but the handling characteristics as well.

Over the years we have done so many cool Corvette setups. Here is the link to our extensive Corvette gallery and below is my favorite one of the bunch - http://wheelsboutique.com/gallery/ch...rolet-corvette.

Feel free to contact me directly via email if you have any questions whatsoever - David@WheelsBoutique.com

Old 06-21-2018, 03:50 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
Signature +1, no question beautiful wheel designs so you don’t blend with other Z’s and their one piece wheels are extremely light and fit the CCBs. Khoa is extremely helpful and guided me through color and design options. Wheels were completed exactly 4 weeks which was promised. I like the fact you can design inner and outer plus bolt colors to make them truly one off wheels or close to it.

Here are mine:

Nice. Any pics yet of the wheels installed?
Old 06-22-2018, 02:09 AM
0Deity.Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by MSG C5

similar combo

More of the wonderful SV307S 19/20 installed on C7.R
Attachment 48351989
Attachment 48351990
Attachment 48351991
Attachment 48351992
Attachment 48351993
Attachment 48351994
Attachment 48351995
Attachment 48351996
Attachment 48351997
MSG C5 (06-22-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 08:04 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by MSG C5

i will have them on end of next week when I get back from a family vacation. Going on an Arctic White Z07.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:53 AM
MontanaBob
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by C5-VERT

Here are mine:

I like these wheels. Tried to find them on the Signature website. No luck. What is the model number of them.

Signature wheel dealer, please chime in!

Thanks

Montana Bob
Old 06-22-2018, 12:38 PM
LAYNLOW
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by CW4L

CW4L (06-24-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket wheels questions

Quick Reply: Aftermarket wheels questions