C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel system design: Aeromotive A1000 stealth pump

Old 06-21-2018, 05:14 PM
JP03Z06
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel system design: Aeromotive A1000 stealth pump

I'd like to know the best place to install the regulator and fuel lines for the Aeromotive A1000 stealth (inside the tank) pump. Aeromotive tech said NOT to install fuel lines inside the tunnel due to heat, but that seems like the best place for them. Will heat be a problem if I insulate the fuel lines?

Last edited by JP03Z06; 06-21-2018 at 05:17 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 06-21-2018, 06:57 PM
bluewire
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I am not sure if you have done any research on that system, but many have had nothing but problems with it. Many have even removed it. In theory it's looks like a great system but if I remember correctly the pump runs too hot and creates nothing but problems. It required running a speed controller, and that had problems as well. Good luck.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:00 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

in theory the best location for the regulator is at the end of the chain which is after the rails but it depends where you feed and cross them over that will determine where that location will be... I wanted my regulator hidden so it is just before the rails and there might be a minimal drop (if any at all) in pressure from that point to the injectors but it hasn't posed a problem in my experience, I have had mine in the same location with 2 different setups and it has always worked great... many people run the feed line through the rocker panel, it's just easier and keeps the line far away from heat but I can see some people not liking to do it that way... you can run it through the tunnel but I would use some really good high temp heat sleeve/wrap on the lines, tunnel area, plate, and you might even consider having the midpipe ceramic coated... I agree with the post above regarding the a1000 stealth system but the pump itself is not really the issue, the issue is running a pump that big all the time when you don't need it... every time fuel goes through the pump all the way to the rails and back through the return the fuel is getting hotter and hotter and eventually causes the pump to cavitate... the speed controller is meant to solve the problem of it running at full tilt when you don't need it but that is just another part to fail... I ran an a1000 pump externally on my car and it worked great when I had it, it was set up as a secondary so while under normal driving conditions it wasn't even running
Old 06-22-2018, 04:26 AM
JP03Z06
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your replies bluewire in neutron82. I have the pump installed in the tank, but I have not put the tank back in the car, and I have not installed any of the other fuel system parts. If I decide not to use this pump, what is the best pump to use for a 600 hp naturally aspirated engine, and also a supercharged engine? I would like to supercharge in the future.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:05 AM
bluewire
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I am supercharged and I run the ECS stage 1 fuel system. It is super simple, easy to install and works great. If your going N/A for a while with 600hp you may be able to get away with a C6 Z06 pump. However, I do not know the hp limit of that pump. I think Bret (Blown Blue Z06) offers a soulution and may be able to help. otherwise you could go with Fore, but that's $$$$$$
Old 06-22-2018, 10:24 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

a single walbro 450 should be good for 600 on regular pump gas, on e85 it might not do it but if that's the case you can just add another one (even 2 or more if you needed to)... if you are capable of building the rest of your fuel system you can send your tank to Bret and he can set it up for multiple pumps inside the tank for pretty reasonable

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel system design: Aeromotive A1000 stealth pump

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel system design: Aeromotive A1000 stealth pump