C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something totally new showing up

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 06:01 PM
ZigZag
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 116 Posts

Default Something totally new showing up

This just started today. It may be a coincidence but I got my state inspection today and got in to start it up and the service column lock showed up on the DIC. I hit the reset button and it cleared back to the mileage so I made nothing of it. I got home checked and cleared all the codes like 4 of them. But now everytime I start the car it shows up and I need to hit reset for it to clear. I had the LMC5 done like 3 years ago but not the brown wire mod so every once in a while I get the pull key wait ten seconds message. Today was the first time this other message appeared. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Another thing, am I doing something wrong ? This whole C5 thing looks different .
Old 06-21-2018, 06:13 PM
jpb1978
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ZigZag
This just started today. It may be a coincidence but I got my state inspection today and got in to start it up and the service column lock showed up on the DIC. I hit the reset button and it cleared back to the mileage so I made nothing of it. I got home checked and cleared all the codes like 4 of them. But now everytime I start the car it shows up and I need to hit reset for it to clear. I had the LMC5 done like 3 years ago but not the brown wire mod so every once in a while I get the pull key wait ten seconds message. Today was the first time this other message appeared. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Another thing, am I doing something wrong ? This whole C5 thing looks different .
I wonder if you have the same problem I had. Before I bought the car a dealer put in the GM fix. It was stuffed way up in the dash. So when I put in the LMC5 fix it had no effect. I finally discovered it when the car become immobile and I started following the cables from the LMC5
I found this, the GM fix that had failed and was intercepting the signal before it got to the LMC5. Here is a link to my thread with photos.

https://corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-...lumn-lock.html
The following users liked this post:
ZigZag (06-22-2018)
Old 06-21-2018, 09:17 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Originally Posted by ZigZag
I had the LMC5 done like 3 years ago but not the brown wire mod so every once in a while I get the pull key wait ten seconds message. Today was the first time this other message appeared. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated..
Do the brown wire modification. This will solve most of your problems.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:05 AM
ZigZag
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by billschroeder5842
Do I need to get ahold of Compliance to get the updated version of the LMC5 ? This issue is an annoyance more than anything as my steering wheel doesn't lock anyway so nothing can happen.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:57 PM
ZigZag
Burning Brakes

Anyone else please ?
Old 06-22-2018, 10:27 PM
Ceedub53
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by billschroeder5842

What he said...
The following users liked this post:
ZigZag (06-23-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 05:01 AM
ZigZag
Burning Brakes

Well I spoke to Richard at Compliance (real nice guy) and he gave me the solution to my most recent issue with the service column lock message. Simply disconnect the negative cable on the battery for two minutes then reconnect. Sure enough problem is gone, Thanks Richard.

Get notified of new replies

To Something totally new showing up

Quick Reply: Something totally new showing up