Sponsored by:

Corvette Americana Hall Of Fame

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 09:15 PM
YankeeStation1967
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 83 Posts

Default Corvette Americana Hall Of Fame

Here is a brochure we picked up at our visit to the Museum in Cooperstown, NY in 1993. Museum was opened from maybe 1992-1999 or so..

Old 06-23-2018, 09:58 PM
Scottd
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 80 Posts

My ex wife went to college in Oneonta, I was in Albany. One weekend we visited Cooperstown. We toured the baseball hall of fame (BOOOOORING)
and I asked to go to the Corvette hall of fame. I was a car guy then, but a Corvette was WAY beyond my aspirations at the time so I didnt pay much attention to the particulars. The only thing I really remember was they had the car that David Carridine drove in Death Race 2000. (PS- Possibly the WORST sci-fi movie of the decade) I actually bent down and touched one of the 'tusks' sticking out of the front and it felt like it was held in place by nothing but a wood screw and maybe some hot glue. Im pretty sure it was an original (WHO would make a repro???).
Old 06-23-2018, 10:48 PM
MrNiceGuy!
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Cooperstown is a favorite for me. I love the Baseball Hall of Fame and enjoyed the Corvette museum that was there. One of the things I really liked about the Corvette museum was the time capsule format. Corvettes placed in rooms with time appropriate music and music. I'd love to see someone put it back together. Great memories. Baseball, Apple Pie and Chevrolet, Love It!!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Americana Hall Of Fame

Quick Reply: Corvette Americana Hall Of Fame