C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Hydrocarbon Turn around times?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 07:03 PM
rmtt
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default American Hydrocarbon Turn around times?

Ordered some gloss black A -pillars for my silver C6 last Saturday.

I've never dealt with him, but read a lot of positive stuff about him and his products around here.

Anyone dealt with him lately and can give me any ides about typical lead times? 0

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

My intake manifold cover took about six weeks, but this was solely due to the fact that they'd made me a LS2 cover instead of an LS3, which I chalk up to an honest mistake. Can't complain about the quality or the customer service in the least. Once I'd provided pics that showed I had the wrong cover they had a new one in production immediately. I plan on giving them quite a bit of additional business as a result.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:20 PM
c6crazy
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Takes awhile but well worth the wait..excellent customer service
Old 07-10-2018, 08:20 PM
Quiznovette1
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered a couple items for my Grand Sport from them, The hood/brake trim kit and then I ordered the door handles. Both times it was about four to five weeks turn around time. Well worth the wait, Excellent quality work and looks great on the car.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:47 PM
rmtt
Pro

Originally Posted by c6crazy
Takes awhile but well worth the wait..excellent customer service
I don't mind waiting. Just when looking at his website, there were no "lead times" listed specifically for the exterior A Pillars..

I figured it's a silver car, the top and halo are already gloss black, might as well do the a pillars as well so that everything flows better!

I'm just to impatient of a person, but as long as they are nice pieces....I'm good.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:15 PM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

Purchasing after market parts.....often teaches you patience.

Last edited by SSWEET; 07-10-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:09 AM
QuickSilverZ33
Instructor

Received 147 Likes on 45 Posts

Going on 9 weeks for some carbon door sills... I have been told multiple times now that they will be "shipping out tomorrow" and of course no tracking number or parts have shown up yet. I'm about ready to just file a paypal claim and cancel my order because I'm tired of the run around. As a company, I think honesty is pretty damn important and I have been straight up lied to multiple times now.

Hopefully your experience is better than mine. Good luck!

Last edited by QuickSilverZ33; 07-16-2018 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:45 AM
myredhead1
Melting Slicks

Received 431 Likes on 356 Posts

I did the hydrocarbon a pillars earlier this year. Order took longer than I was told, about 8 weeks, but the work quality was outstanding and with them, the rubber strip is already installed. Very happy with mine.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:41 PM
rmtt
Pro

Yeah....I'm only a couple weeks in maybe going into my 3rd week waiting. No communication, but I haven't called him yet as I figured it might take sometime.

Guess I was hoping he had a couple in stock since he accepts cores in return.

Not being able to drive the car is hard, but hoping the finished product is worth it. Someone had mine off before I'm assuming as it looked like someone tightened some of the bottom screws a little too tight as it pretty much cracked completely in half when I pulled them. Up until that point, I was planning on having my local shop paint them and then replace the weather stripping myself.

Most anything I had read about him on the forums were positive, but had never really heard about how long he may take.

I know the money was collected the day after my order.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:55 PM
DezVette
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I have ordered A-pillars from American Hydrocarbon twice. Both instances took about 7 weeks to get the parts delivered. That seems about par for the course when ordering custom painted parts. I have no problems with the turn around time and the quality of work is quite good. As far as the claims of good customer service, I have to throw the B.S. flag on the play! The CS from American Hydrocarbon is horrendous at best. They provide no updates or communication with regards to delays in processing, and no accurate shipping information. They could at least send an email stating they received the order, and give an estimate of how long the projected job will take with their current workload. The only way to assume they even got the order is the money is charged to your account... I had to email 5 times in the last order asking for an update and tracking information. Each time, I was told the order would be shipping "by the end of the week", "tomorrow", and "yesterday". When I finally was given a tracking number, I looked at the shippers website and the only thing it showed for 4 days was that the label had been created. As I told them, I have no problem with waiting when a vendor is honest and up front with me. It is the repeated lies that I cannot tolerate. I will never be doing business with this vendor again...nor will I recommend them to anyone who asks for a recommendation.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:28 PM
rmtt
Pro

Originally Posted by DezVette
I have ordered A-pillars from American Hydrocarbon twice. Both instances took about 7 weeks to get the parts delivered. That seems about par for the course when ordering custom painted parts. I have no problems with the turn around time and the quality of work is quite good. As far as the claims of good customer service, I have to throw the B.S. flag on the play! The CS from American Hydrocarbon is horrendous at best. They provide no updates or communication with regards to delays in processing, and no accurate shipping information. They could at least send an email stating they received the order, and give an estimate of how long the projected job will take with their current workload. The only way to assume they even got the order is the money is charged to your account... I had to email 5 times in the last order asking for an update and tracking information. Each time, I was told the order would be shipping "by the end of the week", "tomorrow", and "yesterday". When I finally was given a tracking number, I looked at the shippers website and the only thing it showed for 4 days was that the label had been created. As I told them, I have no problem with waiting when a vendor is honest and up front with me. It is the repeated lies that I cannot tolerate. I will never be doing business with this vendor again...nor will I recommend them to anyone who asks for a recommendation.

That certainly sucks. I guess I should have done a little more homework. When I seen they offered complete pieces with the weather stripping already installed, I figured what the hell and placed my order.

Guess I will give it another 3 weeks, and then start trying to contact them about my parts. At that point it will be about 7 weeks in.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:56 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by DezVette
Hmm. I had the complete opposite experience. When there was a problem with the wrong part being shipped to me, they were all over getting it made right.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:43 PM
QuickSilverZ33
Instructor

Received 147 Likes on 45 Posts

Got my door sills yesterday, which was exactly 11 weeks from placing my order. I have to admit, the quality is amazing, but definitely took much longer than anticipated. Would I order them again after the wait time? After seeing them in person, I would say yes. But communication could definitely be improved which would make the overall buying experience much better. In the end though, I’m definitely happy with the product.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:20 AM
rmtt
Pro

Originally Posted by QuickSilverZ33
Got my door sills yesterday, which was exactly 11 weeks from placing my order. I have to admit, the quality is amazing, but definitely took much longer than anticipated. Would I order them again after the wait time? After seeing them in person, I would say yes. But communication could definitely be improved which would make the overall buying experience much better. In the end though, I’m definitely happy with the product.
Glad you got them. I broke down and emailed him Thursday. Told him I wasn't rushing him, just trying to get a rough estimate how long I would be waiting.

He emailed me back that afternoon and told me to "standby and he would check where they were at in the production process".

Haven't heard anything back yet.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:38 AM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by rmtt
Glad you got them. I broke down and emailed him Thursday. Told him I wasn't rushing him, just trying to get a rough estimate how long I would be waiting.

He emailed me back that afternoon and told me to "standby and he would check where they were at in the production process".

Haven't heard anything back yet.
A.H. is very slow to respond. The mfg. facility is in Homestead Fla. and American Hydrocarbon is based in Spring Hill Fla. about 100 miles away. The mfg. facility does numerous parts for cars, boats and aircraft so it is not strictly a Corvette parts facility, that is why the wait is so long.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:46 AM
DezVette
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

If the main company does no manufacturing, they have zero excuse for a lack of customer service and email response. As I said, at the very least there should be an email confirming receipt of the order and guesstimate on processing times with updates on any delays. The straw that broke the camels back for me was saying a package shipped and providing a tracking number, but not actually shipping it for another 4 business days... Totally inexcusable!
Old 07-24-2018, 05:56 PM
rmtt
Pro

Well after hearing "Stand By" so he could check on Thursday, I haven't heard a peep from him.

Buy I also don't want to badger him, **** him off, and then not get his best effort on my parts.

But even just a quick update even if it was him saying you have at least 3 more weeks would be better than silence.

Just sucks that I can't drive the car unless I buy a set of used cores and temporarily install them since the ones I took off shattered into fragments.

Get notified of new replies

To American Hydrocarbon Turn around times?

Old 07-24-2018, 09:09 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by rmtt

Just sucks that I can't drive the car unless I buy a set of used cores and temporarily install them since the ones I took off shattered into fragments.
You can't drive your car because you have removed the a-pillar inserts ?
Old 07-24-2018, 09:43 PM
zrracer
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 137 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '11, '14

He sent me the wrong color parts.
He made excuses forever.
He told me they were sent
He gave me bad shipping numbers.
Finally he lied to me again about them being sent.
I posted in the bad vendor thread.
i thought he was asked to leave because he was not a vendor and just selling on the forum.
good luck.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:24 PM
ccryder
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by zrracer
He sent me the wrong color parts.
He made excuses forever.
He told me they were sent
He gave me bad shipping numbers.
Finally he lied to me again about them being sent.
I posted in the bad vendor thread.
i thought he was asked to leave because he was not a vendor and just selling on the forum.
good luck.

My experince was very similar.....and that was >5 years ago!

Last edited by ccryder; 07-24-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Quick Reply: American Hydrocarbon Turn around times?