C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

ARH 2” rattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 07:16 PM
Ltrain925
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 53 Posts

Default ARH 2” rattle

I have on my c7z ARH 2” with there off road X pipe, with stock catback. THe rattle is coming from the headers somewhere, maybe hitting the frame I don’t know. Iv had it on a lift at the dealership and a reputable exhaust shop and they both agree the headers are contacting something. It sounds like a tin can is just bobbling under my car a 1/4 throttle and intermittent at idle. It’s hard to hear when driving but in a parking garage for example it’s Very noticeable. Has anyone else had this problem? I know ARH are among the best and fitment wise. Thanks
Old 07-11-2018, 02:35 AM
Ruderegime
Pro

Received 143 Likes on 101 Posts

Old 07-21-2018, 12:07 AM
BLUEMEANIE
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Ltrain, Have you tried a mechanic stethoscope?

I don’t have LTs yet, but h/c/i on my ‘13 427. I had similar issue this past week , randomly after it warms above 140 I get a rattle.. concerned to say the least, I went to harbor freight and picked up a $3 stethoscope and jacked up the car.

i probed every part under the hood and then did the same from underneath. I found the passenger side cat had the noise.. and if I were to go up towards the engine from the cat can or back behind it the noise would lessen.

If it’s possible for you to do give that a try. Good luck

Get notified of new replies

To ARH 2” rattle

Quick Reply: ARH 2” rattle