Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Vengeance Racing Speed Addicts 1/2 mile shoot out recap!

Old 07-11-2018, 04:43 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Vengeance Racing Speed Addicts 1/2 mile shoot out recap!

We are back in action after a very successful weekend at the Speed Addicts ½ mile racing event at Heaven's Landing Airpark in Clayton, GA! We were able to support over 40 racers through the weekend ranging from naturally aspirated 4th gen F-Bodies all the way up to a 200+ mph Dodge Viper. Our technicians worked tirelessly to ensure that everyone’s vehicles were performing and their peak, and our tuner Mike Carnahan spent the weekend reviewing data logs and tweaking ECU calibrations for nearly every one of our clients. What an amazing event. If you missed out on the First Ever Speed Addicts ½ Mile shoot out you are not going to want to miss the next one. Click the link below for our full Facebook Post and tons of Photos from the event.

Vengeance Racing Speed Addict Highlights

Last edited by Daniel@Vengeance; 08-06-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:53 AM
encasedmetal
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Ya'll did an amazing job. Much better event that previous ones with the "other" firm. Hope to see you continue doing this event at Heaven's landing.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:15 PM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

You guys still planning on doing the September event?
Old 07-18-2018, 03:54 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bonecrrusher
You guys still planning on doing the September event?
This event was just announced for October 20th and 21th we look forward to seeing you there.

Originally Posted by encasedmetal
Ya'll did an amazing job. Much better event that previous ones with the "other" firm. Hope to see you continue doing this event at Heaven's landing.
Thank you for the kind words. We do intend to have an event at Heaven's Landing. Speed Addicts next event is scheduled for October 20th and 21st. We look forward to seeing you there.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:18 PM
69L46
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23

This looks great. What's the spectator registration process for the October event?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:19 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 69L46
This looks great. What's the spectator registration process for the October event?
Its fairly simple, Show up, get a spectator pass and enjoy the racing. Its a very spectator friendly event.

Old 07-19-2018, 03:29 PM
69L46
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by David@Vengeance
Its fairly simple, Show up, get a spectator pass and enjoy the racing. Its a very spectator friendly event.
Thanks. Wasn't sure if some sort of pre-reg was required. See you there!
Old 07-24-2018, 09:20 AM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 69L46
Thanks. Wasn't sure if some sort of pre-reg was required. See you there!
We look forward to seeing you there.

regards,
Old 07-27-2018, 09:06 AM
AHP
Pro

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts

Curious to hear what was so better about. My issue with previous events had little to do with the organizers and more (really all) to do with the runway surface. Every year it got worse, and more dangerous for high-power cars. After swapping lanes at 190MPH in 2016 due to the uneven surface at the big end (among others) I made the decision to not return. Has HL done anything to correct the surface issues with the runway?
Old 08-01-2018, 03:04 PM
0Daniel@Vengeance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AHP
Curious to hear what was so better about. My issue with previous events had little to do with the organizers and more (really all) to do with the runway surface. Every year it got worse, and more dangerous for high-power cars. After swapping lanes at 190MPH in 2016 due to the uneven surface at the big end (among others) I made the decision to not return. Has HL done anything to correct the surface issues with the runway?

The surface was prepped and we got positive feed back from racers that grip was amazing at the event. Feel free to join us in October and experience the difference.
Look forward to seeing you there.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:50 PM
encasedmetal
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by AHP
1. It was easier to get in for both drivers and spectators
2. no motorcycles
3. prepped surface
4. racers actually recieved their speeds, times, with added data such as RT, 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2 mile. The "other" vendor had a hard time with using equipment that worked
5. Announcer was clearly heard by all in attendance
6. the addition of a large screen displaying info from the runs observed.
7. Speed addicts actually pays attention to weather forecasts, and rescheduled the event, whereas the other vendor would have just taken your money told you to go screw yourself.
I could go on and on, but I digress

Last edited by encasedmetal; 08-01-2018 at 03:51 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by encasedmetal:
bonecrrusher (08-02-2018), Daniel@Vengeance (08-02-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 07:22 AM
bonecrrusher
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

whereas the other vendor would have just taken your money told you to go screw yourself.
I have first hand experience in that - especially with the Virginia fogged out event.

I will be there in October - that should be some mad/crazy and record shattering DA!!

The following users liked this post:
Daniel@Vengeance (08-02-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 09:27 AM
AHP
Pro

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts

Appreciate the feedback. I'm not at all in defense of the 'other' guys and too have been a victim of a rainout and was SOL.. I can relate to some of the gripes that the new organizers have addressed.

To clarify, my concern with the track/runway surface wasn't related to prep or traction, per say. I actually had fairly good traction/grip on R888's but would obviously welcome legit prep. My real issue was with the physical unevenness of the runway surface at the expansion joints. There were several bumps, ruts, etc.. eventually in both 'lanes' due to many of the individual concrete pads settling unevenly. Perhaps since 2016 this has been addressed by HL and its no longer an issue, or maybe it finally settled evenly on its own..?
Old 08-06-2018, 08:05 AM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AHP
Appreciate the feedback. I'm not at all in defense of the 'other' guys and too have been a victim of a rainout and was SOL.. I can relate to some of the gripes that the new organizers have addressed.

To clarify, my concern with the track/runway surface wasn't related to prep or traction, per say. I actually had fairly good traction/grip on R888's but would obviously welcome legit prep. My real issue was with the physical unevenness of the runway surface at the expansion joints. There were several bumps, ruts, etc.. eventually in both 'lanes' due to many of the individual concrete pads settling unevenly. Perhaps since 2016 this has been addressed by HL and its no longer an issue, or maybe it finally settled evenly on its own..?
Unfortunately when racing on airport runways the surface is usually never as smooth as it is at a drag strip. Heavens Landing has not made any changes to their runway since your last visit so there are still variations from joint to joint. That said, the VP LC2 definitely made a vast improvement in traction overall and seems to help with suspension unloading/loading. Our first event we reset the track record with Jeff Hagaman running 235mph in his GTR....

Get notified of new replies

To Vengeance Racing Speed Addicts 1/2 mile shoot out recap!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vengeance Racing Speed Addicts 1/2 mile shoot out recap!