C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

WILL this Intake manifold and monoblade work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 11:43 AM
LT1underdog
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default WILL this Intake manifold and monoblade work?

So I might have made a bit of a quick decision the other and ended up with some parts that might not possibly work. So I recently purchased a guys whose top end setup off his 94 camaro...... yeah I should of done a little more research. So my first problem is..... I bought AFR 210cc comp heads BUT it came with a LOYD ELLIOT ported Intake manifold, I asked if it was a Lt4/lt1 which he said lt4 he believed but it’s a LT1 Intake manifold.....now my question is will a LT1 manifold work on my LT4 heads? Also I have a ARIZONA SPEED AND MARINE monoblade with it but it states FBODY camaro on the package. So will this not work either? After reading forums I think I’m out everything but the heads.... is the intake manifold usable? Any help or insight is very much appreciated

Last edited by LT1underdog; 07-15-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:17 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

You are correct on the intake, no clue on the monoblade
Old 07-15-2018, 12:56 PM
LT1underdog
Instructor

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
You are correct on the intake, no clue on the monoblade
Im correct as far as it won’t work? I’ve seen people say mixed things.

Last edited by LT1underdog; 07-15-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:48 AM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 368 Posts

The heads and intake will work fine. The 210 afr heads are configured like lt1 heads and the intake will bolt up fine. Just bolt them together and look, but they will be fine. The throttle body may require a different throttle shaft, call up the manufacture and get one or just modify your throttle cable to work.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:17 AM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

I thought the LT1 intake wouldnt fit the comp port heads? If Im wrong I stand corrected.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:41 AM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
I thought the LT1 intake wouldnt fit the comp port heads? If Im wrong I stand corrected.
Sorry, there are two different questions here and I am not sure what the OP actually has. The OP bought a top end kit from a running car that came with an intake manifold and 210 heads (At least that is what I thought). I assume that package was modified to work together so it should be fine, if it worked on the Camaro it will work on the vette.

Now if you are asking will a stock LT1 intake work on a 1206 port AFR 210 without some modifications then i would say no. I agree that the stock port will not cover the 1206 port without welding.

So I still say bolt the part together and check if they will work.

Last edited by bjankuski; 07-17-2018 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:08 PM
LT1underdog
Instructor

Originally Posted by bjankuski
Sorry, there are two different questions here and I am not sure what the OP actually has. The OP bought a top end kit from a running car that came with an intake manifold and 210 heads (At least that is what I thought). I assume that package was modified to work together so it should be fine, if it worked on the Camaro it will work on the vette.

Now if you are asking will a stock LT1 intake work on a 1206 port AFR 210 without some modifications then i would say no. I agree that the stock port will not cover the 1206 port without welding.

So I still say bolt the part together and check if they will work.

Yes sir sir that is it. Bought a top end from a guy that had installed on his running 94 camaro. He had the intake manifold ported by LOYD ELLIOT. I thought the intake manifold was a LT4 intake manifold but it is not. The guy I purchased it said he never had any leaking issues BUT I see a lot of people advising against it. I’d rather do thing one time rather then trial and error. 😆 Just curious if everyone just assumes the intake won’t seal or if there is any proof to what they say. I hear A LOT of people say DONT but haven’t seen anyone say it’s actually failed. Basically I’d like to use it but if I need a LT4 manifold that’s no problem
Old 07-17-2018, 04:19 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 559 Likes on 436 Posts

Had some issues where throttle cable wouldnt either fully open the monoblade, or if you adjusted it, then it wouldnt fully close the monoblade.

Sorry i cant remember what i did (i think i somehow made the ASR cam bigger by putting small bolts along it so the cable rode on it like ladder bar).

Right after Arizona speed and marine sold me the monoblade they were real jerk offs about getting me the right IAC adapter.

they had an IAC adaptsd for a different model (not a 93) on the monoblade they sold me.

I wanna say they refused to make it right and made me buy a new one for like $40. It was like 2 weeks later when i went to install this and noticed this issue
Old 07-17-2018, 07:25 PM
LT1underdog
Instructor

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
Had some issues where throttle cable wouldnt either fully open the monoblade, or if you adjusted it, then it wouldnt fully close the monoblade.

Sorry i cant remember what i did (i think i somehow made the ASR cam bigger by putting small bolts along it so the cable rode on it like ladder bar).

Right after Arizona speed and marine sold me the monoblade they were real jerk offs about getting me the right IAC adapter.

they had an IAC adaptsd for a different model (not a 93) on the monoblade they sold me.

I wanna say they refused to make it right and made me buy a new one for like $40. It was like 2 weeks later when i went to install this and noticed this issue

well i I called Loyd Elliot seeing how I’m sure he has ran into this problem. He told me that AFR makes a LT1 head and not all AFR 210 are LT4 so the intake manifold should work fine. As for the Arizona speed and marine TB. They told me I had to take my stock TB Off my vette and send them both and they will swap linkage for $200! I like what they did for you better lol
Old 07-18-2018, 11:36 AM
cv67
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05

You may want to double check, afr only makes 1 210 comp head for the LTx far as I know.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:31 PM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LT1underdog

Yes sir sir that is it. Bought a top end from a guy that had installed on his running 94 camaro. He had the intake manifold ported by LOYD ELLIOT. I thought the intake manifold was a LT4 intake manifold but it is not. The guy I purchased it said he never had any leaking issues BUT I see a lot of people advising against it. I’d rather do thing one time rather then trial and error. 😆 Just curious if everyone just assumes the intake won’t seal or if there is any proof to what they say. I hear A LOT of people say DONT but haven’t seen anyone say it’s actually failed. Basically I’d like to use it but if I need a LT4 manifold that’s no problem
I assume it was welded and ported by Loyd Elliot, if it was a running setup I would just look it over and compare the head ports to the intake ports and make sure it works.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:39 PM
LT1underdog
Instructor

I assume it was welded and ported by Loyd Elliot, if it was a running setup I would just look it over and compare the head ports to the intake ports and make sure it works.

im going too. He told me to get some basic gaskets for a LT1 and line em up to see if it fits both. If it doesn’t line up on the head or has overlap its a LT4 head, if not I’m good to go! I hope everything is good! The guy had it on a running setup, the only thing I can think of is he may have possibly lied about comp port. I don’t know but will find out soon.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:42 PM
LT1underdog
Instructor

ive seen people mention “welded intake manifold” what is welded and why? Curious.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:24 PM
gman35
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

would you like to sell the monoblade?? thanks, gary
Old 07-19-2018, 10:18 AM
LT1underdog
Instructor

Originally Posted by gman35
would you like to sell the monoblade?? thanks, gary
possibly. It’s brand new in packaging still.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:46 AM
bjankuski
Safety Car

ive seen people mention “welded intake manifold” what is welded and why? Curious.
The port on the top is welded to add additinal metal so it can be opened up and matched to the head ports on the cylinder heads. A stock LT1 port is a 1204 sized port and the AFR 210 head is a 1206 port size.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:19 PM
gman35
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

possibly. It’s brand new in packaging still.
let me know.. can I get some pictures of it?? Thanks, gary
Old 08-11-2018, 08:32 PM
LT1underdog
Instructor

Default Tb

hey Gary sorry for late respons but it retails for $450 I’ll let it go for $300 if interested let me know

Get notified of new replies

To WILL this Intake manifold and monoblade work?

Quick Reply: WILL this Intake manifold and monoblade work?