Sponsored by:

I don't know what I have

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 10:49 AM
Romark
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts
Default I don't know what I have

I apologize for my lack of knowledge, however I am trying to educate myself on what rear spoiler is on my car and cant find the information I need. I am the second owner for my car so I dont have the window sticker. I do have a copy of the build sheet though. My goal is to put the spoiler that is a little taller than the one I have. My car is a '18 Grand Sport with the Aero that comes standard.

So, what do I have, and what do I "need"?

I am wanting this for aesthetics only. I'm not a racer.

Thank you
Old 07-17-2018, 11:03 AM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

Grand Sports come standard with the "Z06" rear spoiler, along with "Stage 1" aero winglets which are bolted and 3M-taped on to the rear surface of the main spoiler body.

A common upgrade is to detach the standard "Stage 1" winglets from the spoiler base, and replace them with the "Stage 2" winglets (taller). Certainly not "needed" for any street car, so whether or not you like the look is totally up to you.

"Stage 3" rear spoiler is the same as Stage 2, except it adds an adjustable smoked/clear "wickerbill" section that bridges the center gap between the raised Stage 2 winglets. A "Stage 3" wickerbill can be added to any "Stage 2" spoiler without changing out the Stage 2 winglets, but you do need extended bolts to properly attach it.

You can easily tell the Stage 1 and 2 winglets apart by their heights -- the standard "Stage 1" rear spoiler winglets just barely rise above the body of the Z06 spoiler (about 1/4"), where the Stage 2 winglets extend approximately 2" (or so -- I don't have the true measurement handy) straight up from the top edge of the main rear spoiler body.

Choices are good -- enjoy your GS!

Last edited by Kent1999; 07-17-2018 at 11:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Romark (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 11:10 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

You have what you "need"
Old 07-17-2018, 11:17 AM
Romark
Instructor

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0
You have what you "need"
Have you talked to my wife? I can hear her saying that too.
Old 07-17-2018, 11:37 AM
Exia
Burning Brakes

Received 844 Likes on 351 Posts

As others have said, you have the stage 1 aero package. You can add Stage 2 fairly easily yourself as all you need to do is order the Stage 2 winglets. They are an easy install and you can find them from popular forum vendors on here for relatively cheap ($300 or less).
Romark (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 05:21 PM
ExtremeOnlineStore
Supporting Vendor

Received 128 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Romark
I apologize for my lack of knowledge, however I am trying to educate myself on what rear spoiler is on my car and cant find the information I need. I am the second owner for my car so I dont have the window sticker. I do have a copy of the build sheet though. My goal is to put the spoiler that is a little taller than the one I have. My car is a '18 Grand Sport with the Aero that comes standard.

So, what do I have, and what do I "need"?

I am wanting this for aesthetics only. I'm not a racer.

Thank you
You may check out our website for more C7 Grand Sport exterior parts & accessories

SHOP NOW

Corvette C7 Front Splitter/ Ground Effect
........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................

C7 Carbon Fiber Stage 2 Front Splitter W/ Side Extension

C7 Carbon Fiber Stage 3 Front Splitter W/ Wickerbill Extension

C7 Primer Black Stage 2 Front Splitter

........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ......................................

Corvette C7 Side Skirts / Rocker Panels

Corvette C7 Stingray / Z51 Carbon Fiber Side Skirts Rocker Panels $349.99 $299.99

Corvette C7 Stingray / Z51 Primer Black Side Skirts Rocker Panels$229.99 $169.99

........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ......................................

Corvette C7 Stage 2 & 3 R
ear Spoiler

Carbon Fiber

Corvette C7 Carbon Fiber Stage 2 Rear Spoiler $539.99 $449.99

Corvette C7 Carbon Fiber Stage 3 Rear Spoiler W/
WickerBill Extension $649.99 $569.99

Carbon Flash

Corvette C7 Carbon Flash Stage 2 Rear Spoiler $409.99 $349.99

Corvette C7 Carbon Flash Stage 3 Rear Spoiler ( Light / Dark Tinted Extension) $569.99 $469.99

Primer Black

Corvette C7 Primer Black Stage 2 Rear Spoiler $349.99 $299.99

Corvette C7 Primer Black Stage 3 Rear Spoiler ( Light / Dark Tinted Extension)$419.99

Corvette C7 Rear Bumper Diffuser Fins $159.99 $209.99

Corvette C7 Stage 3 Front Splitter Wickerbill Extension Winglets $159.99 $189.99

Corvette C7 Carbon Fiber Stage 2 Front Side Extension $129.99

Corvette C7 25mm Hub Centric Wheel Spacer Adapters (2 Pair) $109.99 $169.99

Corvette C7 Wickerbill Rear Spoiler Extension Light Tinted / Dark Tinted $159.99 / $169.99

Features:

Effectively maximizes the aerodynamic attributes of your Corvette C7

All of our items are manufactured by following the ASTM Durability of Nonmetallic Material Standards. In order to reduce the chance of crack and break, we use high-quality Carbon Fiber and Polypropylene to manufacture unique parts that are more durable than any other materials.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping & Handling time:

We offer FREE domestic shipping up to 48 states. All orders will be shipped within 2-3 business days. Every item will be inspected and re-polished before we ship out the orders.

Canada and International Shipping

Shipping fee will be charged for Canada and international orders. Shipping cost will be shown after customer filled in the shipping address.

If there are circumstances that we can not fulfill your order, we will notify you by email on the next business day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

06nine (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 05:37 PM
DWS44
Melting Slicks

Received 683 Likes on 444 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Exia
As others have said, you have the stage 1 aero package. You can add Stage 2 fairly easily yourself as all you need to do is order the Stage 2 winglets. They are an easy install and you can find them from popular forum vendors on here for relatively cheap ($300 or less).

Here is a link to one forum vendor as a source for the OEM Stage Two spoiler winglets. That's where I got mine...

https://www.trunkmonkeyparts.com/oem...56573-84339357

They come already painted in Carbon Flash to match along with a fresh set of screws!
Old 07-17-2018, 06:27 PM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

The stage 2 wings can be found for $190 and up plus shipping from most GM parts houses. There is a GM part vendor in Oklahoma that was selling them for $149 plus $7 shipping. I bought 2 sets from them for both of my Grand Sports. Every time one of these spoiler threads came up I would post their link. I probably sent dozens of buyers their way, so many that they decided to raise their price.

You can sell your stage 1 wings here in the for sale forum. I've sold 2 sets for around $75 ish, IIRC

I personally love the stage 2 look
Old 07-17-2018, 07:26 PM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Received 1,620 Likes on 739 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
2019 C7 of Year Winner (stock)
Former Moderator
Cruise-In I-II-III Veteran

Originally Posted by US Icon
The stage 2 wings can be found for $190 and up plus shipping from most GM parts houses. There is a GM part vendor in Oklahoma that was selling them for $149 plus $7 shipping. I bought 2 sets from them for both of my Grand Sports. Every time one of these spoiler threads came up I would post their link. I probably sent dozens of buyers their way, so many that they decided to raise their price.

You can sell your stage 1 wings here in the for sale forum. I've sold 2 sets for around $75 ish, IIRC

Nice Rear! LOL

Old 07-17-2018, 07:34 PM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Hell yeah, Craig
Old 07-18-2018, 07:27 AM
Romark
Instructor

Originally Posted by US Icon

Nice!!

I'll check that out. Thanks
Same color as my car.

Get notified of new replies

To I don't know what I have

Quick Reply: I don't know what I have