Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Shoutout to Mayhem Motorsports - Raleigh, NC

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 05:07 PM
Spartan07
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Shoutout to Mayhem Motorsports - Raleigh, NC

Just wanted to hop on the forum and give credit to Jay and his crew over at Mayhem Motorsports in Raleigh, NC. The guys did an amazing job with my heads/cam 2007 Z06. It took a very long time to get the heads back from Landspeed Development, but once they put the motor together they addressed a leaking differential and that turned out to be a whole new project as the transmission had some damage from the previous owner. They immediately called me and informed me of the options and were able to rebuild the T56 in house, they also admitted that they found more damage within the tranny later on that they missed, they took the hit on the parts and labor and fixed it for free.

Once I received the car several weeks later and drove it home, the car had some hot starting issues and the following day the clutch salve cylinder failed right near my house, I had the car towed home and called Jay and immediately he sent a tow truck 70 miles to my house and covered the towing cost and put my car back in front of the line and started to work on the clutch right away. Turns out the slave cylinder blew out and ruined the clutch, Jay called me and informed me of the news and we had the clutch sent to McLeod for a rebuild (which took about 3 weeks, including July 4th week) and once the clutch came back they went right to work on installing the clutch and spent the next several days diagnosing the hot start issue. Jay got ahold of me yesterday and informed the car is good to go and ready for pick up today. New clutch is amazing, the transmission is buttery smooth and the car pulls like a train!!!!

Now here we are almost 10 weeks later and a lot of headache and I have an amazing car and an even more amazing customer experience, Jay cut me a huge break on labor for the clutch work because he knew I was frustrated about receiving the car originally and that it broke down. He wanted to make sure I was a happy customer and that I had a really great experience. I was very specific with my build and constantly called the shop asking what the status of the car was and Jay was very patient and had great communication and treated me as if I was his only customer. Again a big thanks to Jay at Mayhem Motorsports!

Last edited by Spartan07; 07-17-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:14 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

What was the cause of the hot start issue?
Old 07-18-2018, 09:51 AM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Nice. Where abouts you located Spartan? I'm local to you. And +1, what caused the hot start? Starter lug melting?
Old 07-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Spartan07
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I am down in Fayetteville stationed at Bragg. After the shop installed the clutch the hot start issue went away, perhaps since the old clutch was about to go out a position sensor was making the car shut off early thinking I didn't have the clutch depressed fully? Not sure.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:04 PM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

I'm stationed at Shady J. 45 min up the road.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:56 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan07
I am down in Fayetteville stationed at Bragg. After the shop installed the clutch the hot start issue went away, perhaps since the old clutch was about to go out a position sensor was making the car shut off early thinking I didn't have the clutch depressed fully? Not sure.
Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
I'm stationed at Shady J. 45 min up the road.
Sweet guys, I am stationed at Shaw AFB in SC. What is Shady J? Ft Bragg is 2 hours from me I think.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:16 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan07
Sensor is either on or off, would be no start or start.

More likely it was a loose/worn terminal on the starter, that got removed during the clutch install, and when installed properly back in the car, now has no more issues.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:50 AM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Innovate
Sweet guys, I am stationed at Shaw AFB in SC. What is Shady J? Ft Bragg is 2 hours from me I think.
Seymour Johnson AFB. Bragg is 45 minutes from here.
Old 07-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin
Seymour Johnson AFB. Bragg is 45 minutes from here.
Ahh ok, that is near my grandparents house lol. I have never heard of it as Shady J lol.

Get notified of new replies

To Shoutout to Mayhem Motorsports - Raleigh, NC

Quick Reply: Shoutout to Mayhem Motorsports - Raleigh, NC