Sponsored by:

What is this C5 Z06 worth?

Old 07-19-2018, 02:22 AM
baltais
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this C5 Z06 worth?

Hello from Europe, Latvia!

We don't see Corvettes too often on the road here and because I am not so familiar with them I wanted to know how much is this exact C5 Z06 worth.

By the suggestions of users calvins and Vetteman Jack I made a new thread about this?

So about the car - owner is asking 17500USD but negotiable. I think I could get it somewhere around 15750USD so my question is - is 15750USD too much for 2002 405bhp Z06 with 71.5k miles on it.

I think it has aftermarket wheels because of those fake screws all around the wheels.

Owner said that it has been involved in a crash (I don't know how serious but he said that wing, bumper and hood needed to be changed).

It has minor dents on hood (owner tried to open while the headlights were raised) and a minor dent on the trunk (paint peeled off on two small spots). Also sewing line on the drivers seat has come open (where the left side shoulder is located).

Otherwise car feels decent.

He has just put on new tyres Michelin 295/R18 in the back for 600USD and 265/R17 on front (other brand I think).

Owner also said that he has made some upgrades to the car like:
1) installed a Magnaflow exhaust system for 1750USD
2) installed upgraded brake discs and brake pads on front and rear
3) installed reinforced valve springs (he said that the originals tend to break) although the originals were fine

Last edited by baltais; 07-19-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:55 AM
ZEEZERO-6
Melting Slicks

Received 107 Likes on 79 Posts

does 17500$ = $17,500.00 usa ?
Old 07-19-2018, 08:24 AM
baltais
7th Gear

Yes, everything was meant in USD.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:07 AM
99blkfrc99
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by baltais
Yes, everything was meant in USD.
15k is a great deal
Old 07-19-2018, 09:09 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Get someone to run a 'carafe' for you. If it has a 'salvaged title' the price is too high. I'm not sure what country you are from (somewhere in Europe?), but here in the US it greatly affects the price. The car looks OK, but frame damaged can be tough to see without getting it on a lift.

If the car fax is clean ( not totaled thus no salvage title) , the damage appears minor, before the fix, it is a decent price.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:25 AM
baltais
7th Gear

Phanni thanks for Your opinion! But what is 'carafe'?

I am from Riga, Latvia.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:31 AM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

so thats a really fair price for a well running car...maybe even pushing on the great deal side.....do all of your home work and learn how to pull the codes from the driver control center.....take it for a test drive and then dont turn off the car and pull the codes....video tape the codes they can seem to go very fast when trying to write them down.

things that are prcey to fix include a new clutch...a $1500 to $2000 job in the states and then things like the HUD and all the complex computer controlled electronics. have a reputable shop look it over and then if it passes BUY IT.... good luck bob

edit:.....assuming that the body damage was repaired professionally and no frame damage

Last edited by bobs77vet; 07-19-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:33 AM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Here in the US, $17,500 would be a decent/average price if you can have a professional verify that the damage from the accident was minor/purely cosmetic and didn't affect the frame/suspension. I'm not sure how much being in Latvia instead of the US affects the value of an American collector sports car.

I'm confused about the dents you mention...the body is made out of fiberglass (not metal) so I don't believe it can dent, but I could be wrong.

I would ask the owner if he has the original titanium exhaust for the car he can include as well.

Btw, I'm half-Lithuanian, on my mother's side. From a fellow Baltic.

Last edited by ArmchairArchitect; 07-19-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:43 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by bobs77vet
so thats a really fair price for a well running car...maybe even pushing on the great deal side.....do all of your home work and learn how to pull the codes from the driver control center.....take it for a test drive and then dont turn off the car and pull the codes....video tape the codes they can seem to go very fast when trying to write them down.

things that are prcey to fix include a new clutch...a $1500 to $2000 job in the states and then things like the HUD and all the complex computer controlled electronics. have a reputable shop look it over and then if it passes BUY IT.... good luck bob

edit:.....assuming that the body damage was repaired professionally and no frame damage
MY badd...
I meant "CARFAX"
It is a data base, used here in the US, to track virtually every vehicle, and it's maintenance and accident history.
Needless to say, it does have a lot of missing information, however major collisions, flood damage, major repairs (that are reported) go in to the data base.

Good luck on the car. I'd think that price is pretty good, considering all the problems with the difference in locales that you have. Most folks from other continents seem to pay large premiums (very high prices) for Corvettes. That price is acceptable here in the US.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:55 AM
tooltime47
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree on the titanium exhaust. The magnaflow exhaust is not an upgrade in my opinion. The titanium exhaust is very expensive to replace. Also, the wheels are after market.

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect
Here in the US, $17,500 would be a decent/average price if you can have a professional verify that the damage from the accident was minor/purely cosmetic and didn't affect the frame/suspension. I'm not sure how much being in Latvia instead of the US affects the value of an American collector sports car.

I'm confused about the dents you mention...the body is made out of fiberglass (not metal) so I don't believe it can dent, but I could be wrong.

I would ask the owner if he has the original titanium exhaust for the car he can include as well.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:44 AM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmchairArchitect

well maybe its not literally a dent as we think about it in terms of metal bodied car... perhaps probably more like a bruise or breaking of the surface that makes the paint pop off. think of a boat that hit something in the water and has good nick out of the fiberglass.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:18 PM
baltais
7th Gear

Owner said that he still has the original titanium exhaust that he will give to me if I buy the car.

By dent on the hood and trunk I did not meant deformed. I meant that the hood has been rubbed with the front headlight at the inner corner of the hood (because the headlights were raised).

I mean this place on the hood:

By the way - is this normal that You cannot open the hood while headlights are raised? Maybe it is like that because of the crash - the front end hasn't been repaired correctly? Could this be the case?

Last edited by baltais; 07-19-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:17 PM
ArtClassShank
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by baltais

By the way - is this normal that You cannot open the hood while headlights are raised? Maybe it is like that because of the crash - the front end hasn't been repaired correctly? Could this be the case?

You should be able to raise the hood with the headlights raised. There is a fair margin of adjustment involved in both the hood and the headlight covers. 10 minutes with a small wrench and you should be able to get things to sit nicely.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:58 PM
stingray71
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

Price seems a little high for one that is damaged and does not really look like it is particularly well kept.
This one is similar and much better condition for $15,200
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-corvette-z06/
Cars that are not maintained well usually cost much more after you own them.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:10 PM
ArtClassShank
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by stingray71
Price seems a little high for one that is damaged and does not really look like it is particularly well kept.
This one is similar and much better condition for $15,200
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-corvette-z06/
Cars that are not maintained well usually cost much more after you own them.
The big difference is he's in Latvia. The chance of another C5Z for that price seems like a long shot. Anyone know how many C5's were even exported to Europe?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:21 PM
baltais
7th Gear

It is a grey import car. It was made for US-market. I don't think there were any C5 Z06's sold in Europe.

I base this topic on US-prices because I don't know how the Latvia market impacts price for a Z06. Is it more expensive or is it cheaper because it is in Latvia - don't have an idea actually.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:07 AM
Shakeydeal
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 254 Posts

It is probably more expensive because of the rarity. Even one in poor condition will likely command a higher price if it's the only one around for hundreds (or thousands) of miles.

Shakey

Get notified of new replies

To What is this C5 Z06 worth?

Old 07-21-2018, 09:36 PM
Route99
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 862 Likes on 666 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
It is probably more expensive because of the rarity. Even one in poor condition will likely command a higher price if it's the only one around for hundreds (or thousands) of miles.

Shakey

Assuming there is no major damage which the photos do not appear to show, and that the car is not on a salvage title, it sounds like a good price. If you take US prices and add the cost of shipping that already makes the car cost more there than here in the US and as Shakey said, this may be the only one around for miles and miles.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:37 AM
JETZ
Le Mans Master

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

http://www.corvetteforum.de/

There are lots of Vettes in Germany!
Also lots of English speaking Germans, and Americans on board.
Look for ‘JR’ super Vette head,(5 or six Vettes), and he can direct you, or to some else regaurding finding a Z. He is a great great guy. Tell him I said ‘Wie geht es dir’.

frank

Last edited by JETZ; 07-22-2018 at 04:41 AM.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:49 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

For 15 If it drives well grab it, they arent on every corner.
Average car gets some kind of damage every 4 yrs, and carfax doesnt tell all. I have had 2 good bangups, clean carfax.
Unless there was major suspension/frame damage I say no big deal, its not a 1400 mile collector car but a good bang for the buck sports car.
Keep us posted.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is this C5 Z06 worth?