C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gremlins!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 08:34 PM
Vins
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Gremlins!

Ok, so here I am, knowing I need to put a new battery in my ‘11 GS. Car was slow on the crank today. I got it home, checked the battery terminals. Positive one was hand loose. Not staring at all. Just a bunch of clicking. Move terminal again, slow on the crank but starts up. Here is the electrical question. Car has a window valet. Passenger window went up fine at the switch but the d/s window will not. I hear something moving in the door. Any ideas what it could be? I removed window valet without resolving anything. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:00 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

I don’t know about the window valet thing but if the battery cable was loose I would tighten it up then charge it before you replace it unnecessarily. Worth a try.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:05 PM
Vins
Instructor

Originally Posted by saplumr
I don’t know about the window valet thing but if the battery cable was loose I would tighten it up then charge it before you replace it unnecessarily. Worth a try.
thank you for your reply. I bought the car 5 years ago from the original owner w/4K miles on it. Obviously this is the original battery that has been on a tender all its life. I guess it is time for a new one.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:15 PM
Lee Cromwell
Pro

Received 211 Likes on 148 Posts

Re index windows after new battery install.. Then the window valet should work just fine again, i have one, love it
Old 07-21-2018, 10:17 PM
Vins
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lee Cromwell
Re index windows after new battery install.. Then the window valet should work just fine again, i have one, love it
thank you for your reply. Will definitely do that
Old 07-22-2018, 10:05 AM
ruxvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,350 Posts
2016 C6 of Year Finalist

Also, check to make sure the battery clamps have the proper cone nut. They will not tighten properly without them.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:19 PM
Vins
Instructor

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by ruxvette
Also, check to make sure the battery clamps have the proper cone nut. They will not tighten properly without them.
Thank you all for the suggestions regarding battery removal and window indexing. I learned today that the doors must be closed when reindexing the windows. The battery swap was simple. Thanks to a fellow forum member, and great friend Mitch D. For his time to replace the battery and check the alternator. His knowledge around Corvettes and cars in general is fantastic.

Next up, oil change and hopefully new tires for the Grand Sport. Carlisle is less than a month away!
Old 07-23-2018, 08:56 PM
LowRyter
Melting Slicks

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

you might clean and tighten the cables and see if a better connection will allow the alternator to fully charge your battery.

Get notified of new replies

To Gremlins!

Quick Reply: Gremlins!