C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 cargo carrier questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 12:16 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Default C6 cargo carrier questions

I have to drive my 11 Grand Sport Vert from CT to TX. I want to be able to take some cargo with me. I need Forum Member experience on a CARGO CARRIER that will fill the billet for a convertible trunk carrier. .

Here is one that I have found. Is there anyone that has used it and can comment on its quality? Are thee better options??

http://www.vetterack.com/index.php?r...&product_id=49

Does anyone have one they would SELL???

Thanks in advance

Bill Curlee

Old 07-23-2018, 01:43 AM
ontime
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
I have to drive my 11 Grand Sport Vert from CT to TX. I want to be able to take some cargo with me. I need Forum Member experience on a CARGO CARRIER that will fill the billet for a convertible trunk carrier. .

Here is one that I have found. Is there anyone that has used it and can comment on its quality? Are thee better options??

http://www.vetterack.com/index.php?r...&product_id=49

Does anyone have one they would SELL???

Thanks in advance

Bill Curlee
just a thought can you fed ex the items to the location ? it would eliminate weather worries and would be less expensive. I do this when I travel just take the items I absolutely need and ship the rest. the rack looks good but I wouldn't want anything strapped on mine not sure how the weight distribution would be to your trunk cover. good luck on your trip.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:53 AM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

Have you ever traveled in the Vette before? There is more room there than you think. I personally would not put any kind of rack on the back of my car. Passenger floorboard, seat area, or as previously said, ship it.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:47 AM
JoeMatilda
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

I'll second the FedEx option. Take what you need for the trip itself, and when you arrive to your destination, your things are there waiting for you.
It will also save you the trouble of loading/unloading/carrying stuff back and forth if you stop at a hotel for the night.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:50 AM
bibbster
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Bill, I can't help you on the carrier, but if your trip brings you across I-40 in TN (Jackson, Exits 85 - 80), give me a shout and we can meet for lunch, etc. Would love to meet another forum member with an '11 GS.

Be safe!
Old 07-23-2018, 01:10 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by bibbster
Bill, I can't help you on the carrier, but if your trip brings you across I-40 in TN (Jackson, Exits 85 - 80), give me a shout and we can meet for lunch, etc. Would love to meet another forum member with an '11 GS.

Be safe!
May have to RE-THINK and look at that FEDX option!!

bibbster Will have to look at the ole GPS and see where it puts us and when. The Wife and I just did this a trip few weeks ago. We rented a Penske 16 foot truck and car trailer. We carried our Sons LS2 Wrangler to El Paso TX and a truck load of his stuff. The trip was fun but it was a BLUR. Its 2287 miles from CT to TX. We drive straight through (split the driving between us) so we don't waste a lot of the trip on the road.

Going to post a ROAD TRIP forum post on the C5 and C6 forums soon. Maybe we can meet some more people on the road. Plan on doing the trip in late Sept / early Oct.
It will be a lot more fun in the C6!!
We use to do the C5-C6 Birthday Bash and the CORVETTE FORUM Cruise In every year in Bowling Green Ky. Its been a long while since we did those road trips. The North East guys would meet in NJ and we would all drive down together. We would have 30-40 Corvettes in the caravan. Man was that FUN!!
So YES, I know there is a good bit of room in the Vette.

There is a TON of room in a C5 and C6 Coupe. Even in the C5 ZO6. :-) Not so much in the C6 Vert. Especially when the wife want to be able to put the top down.

Thank for the replies.

Bill
Old 07-23-2018, 02:14 PM
mrk1957
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

We're going west this fall and I'd like to take several things along. I've looked at the Vette Rack and I've wondered if anyone has experience with it. Obviously Fed Ex or UPS is an option, but I'm looking for feedback on the Vette Rack.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:51 PM
bibbster
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
May have to RE-THINK and look at that FEDX option!!

bibbster Will have to look at the ole GPS and see where it puts us and when. The Wife and I just did this a trip few weeks ago. We rented a Penske 16 foot truck and car trailer. We carried our Sons LS2 Wrangler to El Paso TX and a truck load of his stuff. The trip was fun but it was a BLUR. Its 2287 miles from CT to TX. We drive straight through (split the driving between us) so we don't waste a lot of the trip on the road.

Going to post a ROAD TRIP forum post on the C5 and C6 forums soon. Maybe we can meet some more people on the road. Plan on doing the trip in late Sept / early Oct.
It will be a lot more fun in the C6!!
We use to do the C5-C6 Birthday Bash and the CORVETTE FORUM Cruise In every year in Bowling Green Ky. Its been a long while since we did those road trips. The North East guys would meet in NJ and we would all drive down together. We would have 30-40 Corvettes in the caravan. Man was that FUN!!
So YES, I know there is a good bit of room in the Vette.

There is a TON of room in a C5 and C6 Coupe. Even in the C5 ZO6. :-) Not so much in the C6 Vert. Especially when the wife want to be able to put the top down.

Thank for the replies.

Bill
I've started planning a meet and greet for folks in the West TN/Middle TN areas, which will likely take place in that same time frame that you plan to travel. It is just too hot at this time of year to hang out and look at and talk about cars outdoors. And since we can sit inside any time, what fun is it to do that with new friends? Anywho, hopefully, if it works out, we'll get to meet you and maybe several others as well.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 cargo carrier questions

Quick Reply: C6 cargo carrier questions