C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tough to make a decision......

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 01:12 PM
samwint77
Pro

Received 135 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Tough to make a decision......

I'm really struggling to decide which way I want to go to modify my car. Part of me wants to build the motor first in case I get the bug and want to go over 650 WHP. The other part of me wants to just put bolt ons on my stok motor and play with whatever gains that gives me. I have a quote I like from futural that basically gives me a d1x procharger, procharger intake manifold, and headers. Not sure how much HP this will be, but I think it should be in the safe range for the bottom end of the LT1. I also have a quote to build a 416 bottom end that will be good for 1400 WHP with a cam for about the same money. I don't think I'd ever want that much, 800 is probably my max, but itd be nice to know its strong.

Should I just go with a safe charger build, and come back and build the motor later if I feel like I want more power. I pretty much know if I build the motor I'm gonna want more power cause its gonna be less HP than I really want.

This is whats called first world problems. lol
Old 08-05-2018, 03:02 PM
Jaycajun
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

What are your goals? Beat on it at the track? If yes, then forge it. If you are ok with a “safe” tune around 600 then a blower willl be perfect....
Old 08-05-2018, 03:39 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

If you are already feeling the HP bug, trust me, you will get bored of 600 wheel also. Then want more later. Just do the motor that sets you up for either a nice reliable all motor build that has a LOT of room to grow. Course you would need to pick the compression and cam for either ALL MOTOR or FORCED INDUCTION. So doing a 416 with lower compression leaves lots of power on the table which could be filled later. Still all comes down to future goals even doing an all motor build now. Keep this in mind, getting BIG numbers requires modified fuel system (low + high + cam + possibly 30% larger DI injectors OR low + port injection system) both of which are not cheap. Really think hard about what you want down the line. If you truly are OK with 600 wheel then just stick with a procharger build. Otherwise it will get $$ fast...
Old 08-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Go forged first, you will be happier in the end.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:16 PM
konqueror5
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I vote supercharge now to enjoy the power then continue to mod as your budget and thirst for power allows.
The following users liked this post:
samwint77 (08-09-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 04:57 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I am doing a drop in CP forged ci pistons & rods with stock crank. Also doing a LT4 inj & pump & a BTR stage II cam & Circle D converter also a set of ported & worked heads. I have on the car now with stock short block is LT header x pipe A/A TI head unit with a 3.4 pulley with meth.

I just got my rods & pistons in today will be doing this soon now...I have done the 1400 rwhp stuff in the c5 will hold this set up on the c7 to what the above parts will hold at around 800 rwhp & have some fun...OP got all my parts from a great vendor in here let me know if you want to go this way.... Robert
samwint77 (08-21-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 09:32 PM
Jaycajun
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
I am doing a drop in CP forged ci pistons & rods with stock crank. Also doing a LT4 inj & pump & a BTR stage II cam & Circle D converter also a set of ported & worked heads. I have on the car now with stock short block is LT header x pipe A/A TI head unit with a 3.4 pulley with meth.

I just got my rods & pistons in today will be doing this soon now...I have done the 1400 rwhp stuff in the c5 will hold this set up on the c7 to what the above parts will hold at around 800 rwhp & have some fun...OP got all my parts from a great vendor in here let me know if you want to go this way.... Robert
Roebert, that combo with a Ti producing 12 lbs of boost, with a secondary fuel system on E85 and ZERO meth for fueling should produce 800. My build is exactly the same less ported heads. I do use a 5gph meth nozzle for IAT cooling. 800 is plenty

Last edited by Jaycajun; 08-14-2018 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:28 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by samwint77
I'm really struggling to decide which way I want to go to modify my car. Part of me wants to build the motor first in case I get the bug and want to go over 650 WHP. The other part of me wants to just put bolt ons on my stok motor and play with whatever gains that gives me. I have a quote I like from futural that basically gives me a d1x procharger, procharger intake manifold, and headers. Not sure how much HP this will be, but I think it should be in the safe range for the bottom end of the LT1. I also have a quote to build a 416 bottom end that will be good for 1400 WHP with a cam for about the same money. I don't think I'd ever want that much, 800 is probably my max, but itd be nice to know its strong.

Should I just go with a safe charger build, and come back and build the motor later if I feel like I want more power. I pretty much know if I build the motor I'm gonna want more power cause its gonna be less HP than I really want.

I went through a Z51 in 2014 added a blower then went to the Z06 now 3 years later. No doubt in my mind just switch to the Z06 now. Mods on your C7 are ok to point then you need add that the Z06 already has.
So you might as well buy the Z06 they are the better car and they resale is better. JMHO!
Old 08-15-2018, 06:05 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I did my bottom work beforehand as well. It's the set it and forget it mentality. My limiting factor now is clutch,tube,meth and shafts so im keeping it below 800 for the time being. I went with a V7 YSi but slowed it down.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:16 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jaycajun

Roebert, that combo with a Ti producing 12 lbs of boost, with a secondary fuel system on E85 and ZERO meth for fueling should produce 800. My build is exactly the same less ported heads. I do use a 5gph meth nozzle for IAT cooling. 800 is plenty
Not that much e85 around here so I use 93 with no 10% crap in it. I just bought a 55 gal drum of meth if I buy it like this I have a friend that is a dealer & can get it for me really good price. I will use this for IAT on the new set up not much at all for hp gain.

I know around 800 should be a good safe # plus to pull almost anything around here in my town. As soon as I get my Circle D converter in going to get this ball a rolling on this set up & going to call it done. Robert
Old 08-23-2018, 12:13 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

You can do just pistons if you want to keep it around 800. We do that a lot. Pistons, MTI cam, headers, and a Procharger. 800 all day.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:16 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by samwint77

Unless you are going all out racing & pulling all the weight u can from the car dont go 1400 hp. All you are going to do is brake parts & replace parts & be out about 3 times more money then you think you are going to be out. Ask me how I know that I ended up just pulling the c5 apart & selling all the parts & putting it back to stock & buying the c7.

I am doing a small build stock ci with forged lower parts, with ONLY a A/A TI head unit with meth & LT4 INJ & PUMP & BTR stage II small came only. Believe me you will love the car more with something that you can get into & go anyplace you want to go here. Robert
Old 08-26-2018, 07:19 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Billy@MTI
You can do just pistons if you want to keep it around 800. We do that a lot. Pistons, MTI cam, headers, and a Procharger. 800 all day.
with you Billy for a excellent street driving car this is one of the best ways to go with this car. It really is to nice of a car to per say making a streetable race car out of it with 1,k plus rwhp.. Get in in & go anyplace you want with what you are saying here.... Robert
Billy@MTI (08-29-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Tough to make a decision......

Quick Reply: Tough to make a decision......