C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

[C2] 65 Telescopic column turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 10:18 PM
Dave Kitch
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

Default 65 Telescopic column turn signals

I just completed installing a new tele column in my 65 coupe. Installation was straight forward and I matched parts according to match marks. The turn signals cancel but my right side signal will not go on unless I hold the lever hard up. If I let go, no blinking green light. At the switch neutral position, the light sometimes comes on but is not consistent. Seems like a switch misalignment or binding parts ?
Dave K.
Old 08-19-2018, 01:06 PM
kolsen911
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 136 Posts

I also replaced my column with a tilt column. Under the dash loosen that clamp just behind the dash, that holds the column. That will allow you to twist the column with the turn signal one way or the other.
The following users liked this post:
Dave Kitch (08-20-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 10:39 AM
Dave Kitch
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

Default tele steering turn signals

Originally Posted by kolsen911
I also replaced my column with a tilt column. Under the dash loosen that clamp just behind the dash, that holds the column. That will allow you to twist the column with the turn signal one way or the other.
Sir:

I cannot see how this will fix anything? If you turn the column with the upper hub still on, the whole thing rotates together. Could you be more specific?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-20-2018, 04:18 PM
kolsen911
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 136 Posts

Ok under the column is first a bracket that screws into the bottom of the dash. Behind that is another bracket, 2 studs with 1/2" nuts. I just loosened that one up and grabbed the column right there by the turn signal and twisted it right or left to get the turn signal to sit in the middle.

Get notified of new replies

To 65 Telescopic column turn signals

Quick Reply: [C2] 65 Telescopic column turn signals