Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 GS in NJ - A/S tires or winter tires?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 03:56 PM
Mark230
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2018 GS in NJ - A/S tires or winter tires?

Now that I got my new 2018 Grand Sport (LOVE IT) I have to start thinking about changing the summer tires for all season or winter tires within the next 30 - 60 days.

Since the winters can get cold here in New Jersey, I called Michelin today and the rep actually recommend winter tires, not the all season tires. I told the rep I would never drive in the snow so all I need is all season tires (Michelin pilot sport A/S 3+). However since the car will be outside in the winter (on driveway, not in garage), the rep mentioned that all season tires were not designed for temps below 25 degrees on a regular basis and especially not for temps in the teens or singe digits.

Does anyone else have the Michelin pilot sport A/S 3+ in cold climate weather (not garaged)? Or is winter tires truly my only option.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
Old 08-30-2018, 12:08 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

I can't necessarily speak for Corvette sized tires, but I'm in the "snow belt", and I know that many of the people who lease their cars, which generally come with A/S tires as standard, drive them year round, snow and all....
Old 02-17-2019, 08:58 AM
Oh4GTO
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 131 Posts

This may be late but I have PA4s on my GS. Had them for about 3 months now. These tires have exceeded my expectations. First they are quiet and offer a plush ride. In heavy rain the car is planted and does not dance around. It drives like its dry out. Yes I drive in snow and slush and these tires dont care. Amazing grip. With snow and ice covered highways I would pass all kinds of vehicles that "should" be doing better. All I can say is choose the right tire for the right environment.

Last edited by Oh4GTO; 02-17-2019 at 08:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mark230 (02-17-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 09:04 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

If your not driving in the snow the a/s 3 plus are fine. For snow you need winter tires these days.

i live in NJ and drive in snow so I slapped snow tires on my c6 but in the cold i have a set of michelin a/s 3 s on c7 z51 19/20 rims.

in the snow they are not as good as snow tires but in the cold just use common sense.

active handling makes these cars very managable in the snow with sniw tires and all season for anything but snow.

im in bergen county and I drive my corvettes as daily drivers.

id get the a/s 3 plus if your asking for opinions.

Last edited by JerriVette; 02-17-2019 at 09:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Mark230 (02-17-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To 2018 GS in NJ - A/S tires or winter tires?

Quick Reply: 2018 GS in NJ - A/S tires or winter tires?