C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitech injection any good

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Mike B Smith
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fitech injection any good

I am considering the Fitech 400 or 600hp kit on my mild 350 n( alloy heads, Headers, Comp cam .470/.488 lift, has anyone had any experience with these kits and whats the real world fuel saving over a 670 street avenger plus any performance gain? any help would be most appreciated
Old 09-13-2018, 04:19 PM
mobird
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike B Smith
I am considering the Fitech 400 or 600hp kit on my mild 350 n( alloy heads, Headers, Comp cam .470/.488 lift, has anyone had any experience with these kits and whats the real world fuel saving over a 670 street avenger plus any performance gain? any help would be most appreciated
In most cases, fuel injection doesn't provide any performance gains over a well tuned carb. If you have a poorly tuned carb, you might notice some improvements with the better fueling.

Fuel savings vary widely because of the before mentioned carb tuning. I did alot of research on the efi systems (I'm almost done with my FAST Efi installation) and most of the people who saw big gains (4-10 mpg) had poorly tuned carbs to start with. Most of the real fuel savings come from running either a transmission with an overdrive or rear gearing for your driving range. In reality, a well tuned carb will be within a couple mpg of a throttle body EFI unit.

Can't comment on the Fitech system from first hand use, but I know they had quite a few complaints when they were first released. I think if you ask anyone, the Holley Sniper is the best one to go for right now in the entry-level EFI market. I only have the FAST system because I got it used for a fantastic price.
The following users liked this post:
Mike B Smith (09-14-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 05:26 AM
Metalhead140
Drifting

Received 472 Likes on 344 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

I like my Fitech system, but I haven't used the Holly Sniper to compare. I know a guy with the Sniper on his '82, and he's reasonably happy with it after a lot of fiddling.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:53 AM
BlowAMouse
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I put the FiTech on my buddys SBC in his jeep and I put the Sniper on my BBC in my Camaro

We are both very happy with our respective EFI units. He chose to use the FiTech because at the time, Sniper had a long wait time. I chose the Sniper for the options I wanted.

I agree the MPG and performance gains will not be much compared to a well tune carb. I have been tuning carbs since high school, much easier to tune the Sniper and no parts left over... IMO can't go wrong with either unit

BTW I run the FAST XFI on my blowen vette but that's another story...
Old 09-23-2018, 06:56 PM
60 SHARK
Drifting

Received 771 Likes on 497 Posts

I installed the FiTech on my sbc C3 last winter ,, love it, it does everything it's advertised to do,, no issues, I love the ability to start with just a turn of the key, drop the clutch, and go!!! Build a good fuel delivery system, and your good to go,,
Old 09-23-2018, 07:01 PM
Vette5311
Le Mans Master

Received 1,255 Likes on 838 Posts
Default Nova

I have a good friend that put the lower hp version on his 66 Nova. GM crate 350 700r4. Slight fuel savings excellent drive ability. Crisp throttle response with very good cold and hot start up. No hot fuel soak flooding etc with 10% alcohol fuel. He is very happy with it. I bought the 600 hp version for my Camaro but have no put it on yet.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:27 AM
Stingre'
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Love my Sniper EFI, easy to install, crisp throttle response and instant start

Get notified of new replies

To Fitech injection any good

Quick Reply: Fitech injection any good