Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Installed Kooks 2" headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Bigjsn250
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Installed Kooks 2" headers

Finally bought my headers, took them straight to Ricks Powder coating in Memphis and had them Ceramic coated black, turned out great. I was worried about installing these myself on my back after the horror stories I have read on here. The local shop wanted too much to do it so I bit the bullet and got to work. I jacked the car up really high, removed the stock set up, oil lines, oil cooler and starter. I then removed the two engine mount bolts, put a board under the oil pan and jacked the motor up to the supercharger lid was just touching the cowl. Both headers caught a little bit on the some lines that have heat insulation around them near the firewall, I simply reached up and pushed them back....literally 5 minutes both headers were in place. No cradle dropping, no prying, basically slipped right in place. I decided to replace the exhaust gaskets so as soon as those come in she will be back up and running. Really glad I decided to make it a DIY job.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:54 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 588 Likes on 519 Posts

Nice!

-Josh
Old 09-18-2018, 09:39 PM
chubbs6350
Burning Brakes

Received 830 Likes on 368 Posts

Awesome, and if you think idle is the best sound in the world,, wait till you hit WOT
Enjoy!
Old 09-19-2018, 03:38 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

What do ZR1's usually pick up with 2" headers?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:16 PM
Bigjsn250
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovate
What do ZR1's usually pick up with 2" headers?
I think it depends on what power level you are at. I have pretty much everything except ported heads, so I am expecting 40-50hp.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:26 AM
CI GS
Le Mans Master

Received 1,110 Likes on 780 Posts

I couldn’t agree more with the OP. I installed a set of these 2” Kooks headers on my blown GS A6 a couple of months back, by myself, albeit on a lift. Easiest header install ever. Slipped right in from the bottom. I didn’t even have to remove the starter. The hardest part was getting them to not fall back out until I could lower the car down and install the headers bolts. I just used some bungees for that. These even come with Stage 8 locking header flange and collector bolts, which allowed me to use anti-seize on the header bolt threads, rather than locktite. I don’t know what the actual power gain I got over the Pfadts 1.75” headers that were on the car before, but it was very noticeable.

Get notified of new replies

To Installed Kooks 2" headers

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Installed Kooks 2" headers