Old 09-20-2018, 09:53 AM
BillDurant
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts
Default front end allignment

Hi

nice to meet you
can I get the factory alignment specs ? my car is 1989 convertible 6 speed standard
just had re built rack and pinon installed and then 2 front end alignments car still pulls to the right 2 new front tires about 11 months ago it didn't pull to the right until after R&P and alignments
I asked in the forum but too many opinions. Attached is the results of alignment's June 21st
Thanks for your time

Last edited by BillDurant; 09-20-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:20 AM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

The first two threads were enough.
Your questions have been answered.
The right front of your car is so out of whack, something (such as the spindle) might actually be bent.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:32 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

I can barely read parts of image.That's more of the worksheet copy than the final customer copy. Are there shims where the upper control arms attach to frame? Has the ride height been changed?
Old 09-21-2018, 10:43 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
The first two threads were enough.
Your questions have been answered.
The right front of your car is so out of whack, something (such as the spindle) might actually be bent.
I should have said steering knuckle not spindle.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:37 AM
kenmohr
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by BillDurant
Hi

nice to meet you
can I get the factory alignment specs ? my car is 1989 convertible 6 speed standard
just had re built rack and pinon installed and then 2 front end alignments car still pulls to the right 2 new front tires about 11 months ago it didn't pull to the right until after R&P and alignments
I asked in the forum but too many opinions. Attached is the results of alignment's June 21st
Thanks for your time
Had these specs done on mine. It was jumping around un even lanes with tire ruts. Local shop owner had a vette and a cure. Done seven years ago no problems since. Great tire wear.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:53 AM
85WHITEZ51
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

Are those the final settings when finished? If so, your alignment wasn't done right.

It's REALLY hard to tell from the picks but it looks like you may have positive caster on the left and negative caster on the right. If that is the case it will diffidently pull to the right. Your camber is crazy off as well. That is going to make the car feel off when driving not to mention excessively wear on the tires.

If that is the end results of an alignment I would go to a competent shop to have the work done. A competent shop would also be able to advise you if your ball joints, bearings or tie rod ends are bad which all can affect the longevity of an alignment.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:37 PM
kael
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 230 Likes on 189 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by 85WHITEZ51
Are those the final settings when finished? If so, your alignment wasn't done right.

It's REALLY hard to tell from the picks but it looks like you may have positive caster on the left and negative caster on the right
Front is both positive, +0.5 / +0.6 , under the oh so clear (not) title "Actual".

The "Cross" sections show the difference from one side to the other, not bad at all.

UPDATE: Durrr, I was reading the sheet that can be....read. :|

UPDATE UPDATE: Yep, negative/positive up front (or the other way). The green means that is with tolerances given by someone. Me, I'd want that fixed, at least get both sides close.

Last edited by kael; 09-24-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:49 AM
kenmohr
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 122 Posts

Vette was eating tires at factory setting. Finally ended up at the Almo's and no more pulling or crazy tire wear.

Get notified of new replies

To front end allignment

Quick Reply: front end allignment